• PS5

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Tie

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
It is not damage control. LOL It is very obvious for years how game development went. But some blind gamers like you can't and wont see it for very obvious reason. You just looking at numbers of released games. Be realistic
Not damage control so let's compare PS2 vs PS4. Because according to you PS2 games took shorter time to develop so it's a fair comparison to stack it against PS4? LMAO... The way I busted out laughing while typing that because of how ridiculous your logic is 🤣

The failure of Hermen Hulst's management fucked Playstation studios. But sure let's blame everything on development length and not incompetence. Let's ignore the fact he killed their best AA studios because he hates Japan which would have padded his roster. Now they're scrambling to Korea to seek out what they already had 🤣

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Do not insult ppl. Have your opinion but don't call ppl out of their name.
Hey Nhom, why don't you sell your PS5 and move to PC full-time, the land of no big exclusives? It will be better for your sanity and for all of us too.

PC is so great, Valve doesn't need to create any exclusive and they still get sucked by the cultists. As usual, Sony is on another plane, they need to churn out exclusives every month while PC devs have no pressure at all.

There's no AAA exclusives on PC and nobody expects them. Total double standard.

Just do like Flaccid and move to PC. You will never be satisfied on PS5.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Since you've counted Bloodborne and The Order for PS4, mind you then because these games , Stellar Blade, Death Stranding 2 also can be on the list.
It's 2020-2023 for PS5, the title was originally wrong.

There is no point in discussing 2024 too much before the games are even out.

Hey Nhom, why don't you sell your PS5 and move to PC full-time, the land of no big exclusives? It will be better for your sanity and for all of us too.

PC is so great, Valve doesn't need to create any exclusive and they still get sucked by the cultists. As usual, Sony is on another plane, they need to churn out exclusives every month while PC devs have no pressure at all.

There's no AAA exclusives on PC and nobody expects them. Total double standard.

Just do like Flaccidcunt and move to PC. You will never be satisfied on PS5.
Why are you mad at me? Can't we discuss PlayStation or compare PS4 to PS5?

Even in this thread I almost voted PS5 given that PS5 had less game but many heavy hitters, it's just that Bloodborne and Uncharted 4 we better than any PS5 games so far for my tastes.

I won't sell my PS5 (I considered it seriously for a long time), it's not worth too much and it gives me the option to buy discs and also gives me the option not to wait. I like the PS5 I haven't like Sony leadership and direction for a long time tho.

Reactions: Diah and J_Paganel

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Not damage control so let's compare PS2 vs PS4. Because according you PS2 games took shorter time to develop so it's a fair comparison to stack it against PS4? LMAO... The way I busted out laughing while typing that because of how ridiculous your logic is 🤣

The failure of Hermen Hulst's management fucked Playstation studios. But sure let's blame everything on development length and not incompetence. Let's ignore the fact he killed their best AA studios because he hates Japan which would have padded his roster. Now they're scrambling to Korea to seek out what they already had 🤣

It is not damage control. Just pointing out how you are totally blind and unreasonable. Just seeing raw numbers of released games, but totally ignoring complexities of game development from earlier days and now. Well some gamers = fish brain

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
When you look at remakes and remasters and then crossgen titles... I would put PS4 ahead of PS5.

Even if taken individually, certain PS5 games are way higher standard than PS4.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Diah and Nhomnhom
OP
OP
Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Jim Ryan (and probably Sony's top management) : We have problems with the stable release of new AAA, old and new IPs?

Solution: Crush the Days Gone sequel, and throw resources into GaaS! Existing system sellers, port to torrent, and end the Only on Playstation brand, and bury partnerships with Japanese game developers like Yakuza!

What could be going wrong?

And it seems to me that in the second half of the generation, things will get even worse.

Of course, there will be games from partners, as well as the release of GTA VI, but don't expect a stream of cool releases as it was in 2018-2020.
It's crazy that Days Gone was probably considered a disapointment despite the sales. If they had treated Uncharted like that maybe we wouldn't have gotten Uncharted 2.

With that said I would prefer Bend working on something else.

When you look at remakes and remasters and then crossgen titles... I would put PS4 ahead of PS5.

But Bloodborne and Uncharted 4 tho... but it's pretty close, just different, PS5 is mostly about safer AAAs while PS3 and PS4 were wild.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
It is not damage control. Just pointing out how you are totally blind and unreasonable. Just seeing raw numbers of released games, but totally ignoring complexities of game development from earlier days and now. Well some gamers = fish brain
I'm not unreasonable though? I'm always willing to give Playstation their props when deserved which I do often. But this generation PlayStation is in shambles on all fronts and it's all self inflected damage because leadership are a bunch of insecure suits who doesn't understand what made them become #1.

Why didn't you at least attempt to say PS3? But all the way to PS2 it's ridiculous.

There's no reason why almost 4 years into the generation we still don't even have 5 proper AAA exclusives out of them

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
It's crazy that Days Gone was probably considered a disapointment despite the sales. If they had treated Uncharted like that maybe we wouldn't have gotten Uncharted 2.

With that said I would prefer Bend working on something else.
Bend Management simply didn't wanna continue the franchise. And seeing that they got rid of the Two top guys who wanted the sequel... They had to find new directors and creative leads to decide where to go next.

The truth is... The studio wanted to move on. Development for Days Gone was extremely toxic

OP
OP
Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Why bother? You said it enough times. The console is trash, the games are trash, the gen is trash, Sony is shit, everything is garbage. Just move on already.
I never said any of that, get a hold of yourself man, valid criticism is fine. I even like this gen better so far (because of third party devs).

I had no problem with Sony games output in 2020, 2021 or 2022. 2023 was dry and 2024 and byond are not looking good at all.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023

We're still waiting for our Uncharted 4 moment on PS5 😟

And now we know that's not gonna happen till maybe after March next year... Crazy

OP
OP
Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
How about to put PS2 also? Maybe people will see how speed of game development went slower.
I think you would be surprised of how much weaker Sony was as a publisher before their turn around with the PS3.

Bend Management simply didn't wanna continue the franchise. And seeing that they got rid of the Two top guys who wanted the sequel... They had to find new directors and creative leads to decide where to go next.

The truth is... The studio wanted to move on. Development for Days Gone was extremely toxic
I don't know, sometimes I think Sony overacts like they did with Ready at Dawn. Until the PC release it seemed like Sony was displeased with the studios (not entirely unjustifiably to be fair).

Reactions: Bryank75

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
I don't know, sometimes I think Sony overacts like they did with Ready at Dawn. Until the PC release it seemed like Sony was displeased with the studios (not entirely unjustifiably to be fair).

Other than them not announcing sales figures I never got the impression they weren't satisfied with Bend. Shawn Layden was constantly giving them spotlight on Twitter and Sony constantly had the game in all its promos. They actually gave it some of the best trailer / live Tv marketing that generation, in my opinion.

But I know Sony upper management had to intervene and get the top guy who wrote the game Garvin into therapy sessions because of his anger management problems that made work environment tense.

After the game came out Bend's upper management immediately fired him

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Yeah, same reason why Take2, Ubisoft or Square take a lot longer to release their big AAAs but you don't see anyone hounding them. They have all the time in the world to make their games unlike Sony.

They need to churn out games fast just so these assholes can tear them apart because they're not good enough compared to this or that in the PS2 days 🤦‍♂️

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
I think you would be surprised of how much weaker Sony was as a publisher before their turn around with the PS3.

Sony had less studios back in the PS2 days. Around 12 or 13, now it has 21 and less games released. It just shows you how gaming development went so hard these days

Reactions: Systemshock2023

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Yeah, same reason why Take2, Ubisoft or Square take a lot longer to release their big AAAs but you don't see anyone hounding them. They have all the time in the world to make their games unlike Sony.

They need to churn out games fast just so these assholes can tear them apart because they're not good enough compared to this or that in the PS2 days 🤦‍♂️

I think you need to check how many employees Ubisoft has. And huuuuge amount of manpower can work on one game and release it on yearly basis

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters