Silent Hill 2 |OT| For me, it's always like this..

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Silent_Hill_2_Key_Art_28_PS_4K_clean.png

Platform:

• PlayStation 5
  • PC
Developer: Konami / Bloober Team
Publisher: Konami
Release Date: 10/8/24
Metacritic 87

Just wanted a better space for us to discuss this brilliant game! So far, I have made it past the
Brookhaven Hospital

Last edited:
OP
OP
voke

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
To all of you guys who have raved over this title for the past 20+ years, I now completely understand why. 10 hours and I'm floored by this game.... so many years of hype and some how Bloober has exceeded my expectations across the board!

OP
OP
voke

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
You never played Silent Hill before?

I'm getting it physical so I don't have it yet.
Nope! I had heard about it my whole life but never had the chance to play... I was quite young in the PS2 era. My first time looking forward to a release in this franchise was after P.T.... over 10 years ago. All that time later we're finally here lol

• Surprised
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Nope! I had heard about my whole life but never had the chance to play... I was quite young in the PS2 era. My first time looking forward to a release in this franchise was after P.T.... over 10 years ago. All that time later we're finally here lol
I didn't have a PS2 when it came out so I played on PC years after release.

2 is definitely the best but the controls and camera were outdated and awful. I could never play it again. I have so many restless dreams memories of the game, it will stay with you forever.

Reactions: voke

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
To the veterans whats your opinion of the fog, is the new version better? For me the original slightly edges out the fog in the remake.

On the other hand the combat is very satisfying in the remake and much better than the original- stomping rocks lol, also the use of dualsense for the static sound :love:

The puzzles are good too and make you think, and finally pyramid head is still as scary as he was back then

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Nope! I had heard about it my whole life but never had the chance to play... I was quite young in the PS2 era. My first time looking forward to a release in this franchise was after P.T.... over 10 years ago. All that time later we're finally here lol
If you are into play old games I should recommend to play the original.

It is not like the Bloober is bad… the opposite it is pretty good game but it is still lacking compared to the original.

These that like the detail to detail from the original will understand fast the differences… of course Bloober added some fan service that are really interesting so it is worth to play as second time.

I know people are doing jokes with the fog but the fact is the atmosphere is different.

Another big difference for me are the gameplay that makes it too easy to beat the enemies… I will explain… the enemies are manifestation of MC’s fears, traumas and guilt…

Forget about games… think in your real life… when you dream and have to face some enemy or situation of fear/trauma… at least with me it is really hard to beat it… to overcome it… it is suffocating and confuse… sometimes even shooting or using a katana does nothing to the enemies in your dream.

That is how original SH2 translate to you in terms of gameplay… an opaque and confuse atmosphere with weird action that you can’t easy beat or overcome the enemies for more illogical it can be… just like your dreams.

Bloomer’s game loses that… making it a simple action of beat enemies.

Silent Hill games are more psychological than action… they are unique experiences and Bloomer game is not unique anymore.

PS. Just remember why PT is acclaim everywhere with little to no gameplay action 🔥

Last edited:
Reactions: voke and Entropi

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Ohhhh I want to share some thoughts…
Don’t kill me, ok?

SH2 Remake feels more like Resident Evil game than SH2…

What do you guys thinks?

OP
OP
voke

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Ohhhh I want to share some thoughts…
Don’t kill me, ok?

SH2 Remake feels more like Resident Evil game than SH2…

What do you guys thinks?
I've played all the RE games since 7. Disagree full on. This game has a completely different atmosphere, pace, and vibe. RE feels like a B movie action horror while SH2 so far feels like an avant garde horror film.

Similarities in gameplay/puzzles sure. But overall designed very differently and spark very different emotions.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I've played all the RE games since 7. Disagree full on. This game has a completely different atmosphere, pace, and vibe. RE feels like a B movie action horror while SH2 so far feels like an avant garde horror film.

Similarities in gameplay/puzzles sure. But overall designed very differently and spark very different emotions.
There are difference sure... it is not Reaident Evil after all but for it is still closer to RE than SH2… that is my point.

I guess you need to experience SH2 atmosphere, pace and vibe.

Reactions: Entropi and voke

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024

Still one of the greatest intros to a game..... The original is lightning in a bottle, they dont make it like that anymore.

• Cerny
Reactions: Bo_Hazem

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Ok I started this today. My ps5 disc arrived on time. Quality mode, hdr set to 4000 with dtm on on my tv and it looks amazing. Yeah I know it’s not a popular way to set up hdr.
Aside from upscaling grain, it looks amazing. Like almost too good. Wow. If pro fixes the fsr2 crap with pssr? Perfect.

More so on technicals first. I changed deadzone to 0.10 and sensitivity to 0.40. Feels a bit better. Anyone found good settings ?

Also not sure about 3d audio. I play with my fav pulse 3d and 3d on in system settings. But in game You still have to select headphones which makes me think it doesn’t support any of ps5 stuff.

That said…. It took me 40 minutes to get to 2nd save. Barely walked into sh. Jesus Christ it’s impossible to play. Sure I started it at 11pm with headphones on, on oled… and I can barely fucking move. It’s so scary and unnerving. The audio design is incredible. You hear everything. Leafs, pity pat of the rain of surfaces, noises. The directionality is perfect. And the music is authentically unnerving too. And even when you get up to the big sheet wall… it’s noises and squeaks. Holy…
I was am too afraid to play silent hill as a kid. 2 and 3 were always unplayable to me. But it was 20 years ago. I thought of myself unaffected by horror movies and games. Aside from soma. That is crazy scary.
Anyway… 70$ wasted lol. I got to the 2nd save and quit. I will play later when I am … not so tired.

One hint please. Is it always safe in red save rooms ? Can I breathe there ?! I’ve not even fought anyone yet lol. I swear normally I am not a pussy like this but good audio does that to me. Pulse3d is great and I will stand by it.

Last edited:

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Released Day 1 on PC.

Top 3 sellers.

Yet 23K all time CCU.

Sony are deluded if they think this platform will help them.

• they're_right_you_know

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Ok I started this today. My ps5 disc arrived on time. Quality mode, hdr set to 4000 with dtm on on my tv and it looks amazing. Yeah I know it’s not a popular way to set up hdr.
Aside from upscaling grain, it looks amazing. Like almost too good. Wow. If pro fixes the fsr2 crap with pssr? Perfect.

More so on technicals first. I changed deadzone to 0.10 and sensitivity to 0.40. Feels a bit better. Anyone found good settings ?

Also not sure about 3d audio. I play with my fav pulse 3d and 3d on in system settings. But in game You still have to select headphones which makes me think it doesn’t support any of ps5 stuff.

That said…. It took me 40 minutes to get to 2nd save. Barely walked into sh. Jesus Christ it’s impossible to play. Sure I started it at 11pm with headphones on, on oled… and I can barely fucking move. It’s so scary and unnerving. The audio design is incredible. You hear everything. Leafs, pity pat of the rain of surfaces, noises. The directionality is perfect. And the music is authentically unnerving too. And even when you get up to the big sheet wall… it’s noises and squeaks. Holy…
I was am too afraid to play silent hill as a kid. 2 and 3 were always unplayable to me. But it was 20 years ago. I thought of myself unaffected by horror movies and games. Aside from soma. That is crazy scary.
Anyway… 70$ wasted lol. I got to the 2nd save and quit. I will play later when I am … not so tired.

One hint please. Is it always safe in red save rooms ? Can I breathe there ?! I’ve not even fought anyone yet lol. I swear normally I am not a pussy like this but good audio does that to me. Pulse3d is great and I will stand by it.
The save rooms and the puzzle rooms are safe as far as I have played, Only cleared woodside apartments till now though.

Reactions: rofif

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Regarding the low ccu, People in general are pussies - there is a reason re 4 is more popular than 1 and 2. This game had poor pre orders, it will do well now with word of mouth as it turned out great.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75