Silent Hill 2 |OT| For me, it's always like this..

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
WOW you really are a piece of work.

You claimed those figures don’t show the total PS4 sales and percentage.

So how did you get the total PC sales from it?

You can’t have it both ways. Don’t try to be smart.

You gotta read what people say.

The highest confirmed numbers we have for the Ps4 version is 5.4 million units in 2022. Four years after the game released. It never charted on PS Store on in NPD subsequent to that.

There is no reason to assume that the sales subsequent to that were driven by PS, particularly with the game freely available to many PS owners.

It's simple deduction to assume that the remaining sales were driven by PC, where we saw major peaks in 2023 and just saw an even higher peak in 2024.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
You gotta read what people say.

The highest confirmed numbers we have for the Ps4 version is 5.4 million units in 2022. Four years after the game released. It never charted on PS Store on in NPD subsequent to that.

There is no reason to assume that the sales subsequent to that were driven by PS, particularly with the game freely available to many PS owners.

It's simple deduction to assume that the remaining sales were driven by PC, where we saw major peaks in 2023 and just saw an even higher peak in 2024.

You are just talking gibberish.

You doubted those figures in that thread then used them to support your claim.

Somehow I was wrong using those figures cause no solid proof but it’s fine for you to assume using those figures.

No one takes SteamDB sales seriously. Get a better source.

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
You are just talking gibberish.

You doubted those figures in that thread then used them to support your claim.

Somehow I was wrong using those figures cause no solid proof but it’s fine for you to assume using those figures.

No one takes SteamDB sales seriously. Get a better source.

You're struggling.

Quote where I doubted the figures.

What I doubted was your math in extrapolating ratios.

I wasn't pointing to SteamDB sales but rather the spike in concurrent users at multiple points in the last 12 months.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
You're struggling.

Quote where I doubted the figures.

What I doubted was your math in extrapolating ratios.

I wasn't pointing to SteamDB sales but rather the spike in concurrent users at multiple points in the last 12 months.

Are you even forgetting what you wrote in this thread?

No where does it ever say 7 million units on console...

Nothing in that thread shows 80% on PS4.

Again, you've done bath math assuming a constant ratio of an older game, boosted its sales from its newer PC release...

You doubted my math using those figures so tell me where you got the 4 million on PC from using those figures?

IF it doesn’t say 7 million on PS4 how does it say 4 million on PC?

If it doesn’t say 80% on PS4 how have you got most sales on PC?

You doubted those figures when it didn’t suit your argument and want proof NOT assumptions.

When it suited your argument you have made Assumptions using those figures.

Now you are using SteamDB and making assumptions there.

Typical hypocrite. Don’t waste my time.

Someone else will deal with your nonsense.

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Are you even forgetting what you wrote in this thread?

You doubted my math using those figures so tell me where you got the 4 million on PC from using those figures?

IF it doesn’t say 7 million on PS4 how does it say 4 million on PC?

If it doesn’t say 80% on PS4 how have you got most sales on PC?

You doubted those figures when it didn’t suit your argument and want proof NOT assumptions.

When it suited your argument you have made Assumptions using those figures.

Now you are using SteamDB and making assumptions there.

Typical hypocrite. Don’t waste my time.

Someone else will deal with your nonsense.

I didn't say it said 4 million.

I specifically said I was estimated 4 million.

You actually said the numbers SAID 7 million before moving it to 8.

This is laughable.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
I didn't say it said 4 million.

I specifically said I was estimated 4 million.

You actually said the numbers SAID 7 million before moving it to 8.

This is laughable.

You are laughable.

The last reported pure PS4 numbers 5.4 million units in 2022. There is zero reason to believe these numbers materially changed. Even rounding up to 6 million, would leave 4 million units on PC.

Mibu no ookami - There’s no proof it sold 7 million on PS4 using those figures.

Mibu no ookami - There’s no proof it sold 80% on PS4 using those figures.

Mibu no ookami - Since 2022, it has sold 4 million on PC and only 600K on PS4. So basically 80% of sales on PC using those figures.

Mibu no ookami - These are my estimates and assumptions using those figures. I don’t need to provide proof.

The point is you are a hypocrite.

On one hand you want proof then you make assumptions and estimates using the same figures.

Tell me how it is possible to get PC total sales and percentages from these figures when you yourself say you can’t get PS4 total sales and percentages.

The figures are combined after 2022.

Reactions: Gods&Monsters

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
You are laughable.

Mibu no ookami - There’s no proof it sold 7 million on PS4 using those figures.

Mibu no ookami - There’s no proof it sold 80% on PS4 using those figures.

Mibu no ookami - Since 2022, it has sold 4 million on PC and only 600K on PS4. So basically 80% of sales on PC using those figures.

Mibu no ookami - These are my estimates and assumptions using those figures. I don’t need to provide proof.

The point is you are a hypocrite.

On one hand you want proof then you make assumptions and estimates using the same figures.

Tell me how it is possible to get PC total sales and percentages from these figures when you yourself say you can’t get PS4 total sales and percentages.

The figures are combined after 2022.

One person says that they are estimating, the other person says they are stating facts.

One person breaks down their estimates, the other person claims there are figures proving their facts but does not provide them.

Obviously we don't know for sure what the percentages of sales are post 2022, but again, you're the one suggesting that these heavily favor PS despite the PS version being older and never charting.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
What's the consensus from people playing here so far?

Jaffe was praising it a lot I saw...
It’s amazing but Inwas to scares to play more than 40 minutes yesterday. Seriously. The audio design and 3d sound when playing with headphones…

• fire
Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
It’s amazing but Inwas to scares to play more than 40 minutes yesterday. Seriously. The audio design and 3d sound when playing with headphones…
Sounds amazing to be honest.

Finding it hard to restrain myself from buying it...

Reactions: rofif

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Yeap... it stopped to sell after it entered PS++ that are counted in the 10 millions.

You can't make that shit up more than that lol

They aren't counted.

They couldn't have been more transparent that they were counting 10 million PAID...

Why is this so hard for so many people? Is it the language barrier?

• haha
Reactions: ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Again, where did you see PS+ extra is counted?
It doesn't say either.
But you are probably right because I found an old PR from the 8 million milestone that says exactly that "excluding copies obtained with subscription services.)" even so PS+ Extra didn't even exists at time... they where mostly talking about Gamepass PC or July 2019 PS+.

Last edited: