Silent Hill 2 sold 1 million copies worldwide

Kokoloko

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
“Console exclusive” is all that’s needed for maximum shilling. The tribalism will always bring up some nonsense and unfounded bias.

How do you think console warriors function? It’s why they get triggered over sponsored ads and marketing deals.

PCMR has their own tribalism lol. Lets not pretend they dont get trigged over different digital game launchers, staggered release dates and all sorts. PS5 Pro announcement showed their unfounded bias.

Kokoloko

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I played it for a hour. It's not better then the re2 remake lol. Re2 remake was insanely good. It also scored higher then silence Hill 2 remake. Like a 92 to silent Hill 86. After metaphor I'll play silent Hill 2. I'm not going on a crusade against the game. I just don't like how you're glazing it likes its the best thing since cheesecake and how it's better then resident evil. Like relax. It's a solid remake but its nothing crazy.

After playing both, (still havent finished SH2) I was ultimately let down by RE2 Remake. The first hour was amazing, but i found alot wrong with it.

Classic and overall series wise RE —-> Over SH for me. But they are different games. RE always felt more action, Zombie survival. Silent Hill was an actual horror game, horror and story wise theres no comparison which is better, its SH.
But RE1-2, SH1-2 all amazing. With RE being my favourites.

Remake wise, SH2 has kept more in line for me.
RE2 has better technical graphics comparatively for the time and better gunplay/gameplay.

But for me RE2 messed up big time with MR X following you all the time after the first 45 mins. Completely Ruined it for me. I already dealt with that shit in RE7, RE8, RE3 and a million other horror games. He stalks you more than Nemeisis does in either RE3/RE3 Remake.
Also the sewers, lab and everything after police station lacked attention to the detail compared to the Police station.. And finally, it really didnt feel long enough in the Police station, sewers etc. Felt like so much was missing.

The first hour of RE2 Remake is like GOTY for me, but ultimately because of the mistakes it made, I was left disappointed.
RE2 Remake still did an amazing job overall from Capcom, definitely deserves the praise and GOTY conversations. But as a super fan of the original, I was let down by the changes and lack of content. With SH2, even though I haven't finished it, Im not getting that issue, the direction is alot better

Reactions: voke and Infinity

All Might

Banned
10 Jul 2024
Just to report that game uk had the pre order for the steelbook and didnt deliver it to thousands of people. I literally didnt get it, and they are offering no resolution, saying its out of stock. Gonna be fun in small claims court.

Pure scam.

• sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I played it for a hour. It's not better then the re2 remake lol. Re2 remake was insanely good. It also scored higher then silence Hill 2 remake. Like a 92 to silent Hill 86. After metaphor I'll play silent Hill 2. I'm not going on a crusade against the game. I just don't like how you're glazing it likes its the best thing since cheesecake and how it's better then resident evil. Like relax. It's a solid remake but its nothing crazy.
I never did none of that. You got triggered like the other got triggered when I mentioned the March release date of RE4. Just 2 embarassing bozos.

And yes SH2 was always an extremely revered horror game. Go to therapy if you have issues with me saying that.

“Console exclusive” is all that’s needed for maximum shilling. The tribalism will always bring up some nonsense and unfounded bias.

How do you think console warriors function? It’s why they get triggered over sponsored ads and marketing deals.
You're replying to the biggest xbot we have here. You know that, right?

• haha
Reactions: Infinity

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
I never did none of that. You got triggered like the other got triggered when I mentioned the March release date of RE4. Just 2 embarassing bozos.

And yes SH2 was always an extremely revered horror game. Go to therapy if you have issues with me saying that.

You're replying to the biggest xbot we have here. You know that, right?
yes you did lol. And i have no problem with you saying SH2 is a revered horror game. Just not the glazing where you said its the most respected horror game.

DarkLordOtaku

18 Oct 2024
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
I never played the original Silent Hill 2, but was really impressed by the remake! There were so many times with the audio where I was just like "Wow."

When I started the first playthrough, I just ran into the water and stood there for like 10 minutes, just vibing with the sound of the water.

• Shake
Reactions: voke

DarkLordOtaku

18 Oct 2024
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
PCMR has their own tribalism lol. Lets not pretend they dont get trigged over different digital game launchers, staggered release dates and all sorts. PS5 Pro announcement showed their unfounded bias.
I agree this exists to an extent. I'm certainly disappointed when a game I want to play will not be available day 1 on PC. I've still yet to play Alan Wake 2. Not that I have anything explicitly against Epic Games, but I have my entire library invested in Steam at this point, it's a tough ask for me to diversify.

• Informative
Reactions: Kokoloko

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
yes you did lol. And i have no problem with you saying SH2 is a revered horror game. Just not the glazing where you said its the most respected horror game.
It is and I stand by that. Very few people will disagree unless you want to rewrite history.

I never disparaged Resident Evil in any of my posts. I just said the first game was more cheesy like a B movie. And that is an undeniable truth and a fact.

It doesn't take away the popularity of RE, it's just the way it is. If you still have issues with that, figure it out with your therapist.

DarkLordOtaku

18 Oct 2024
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
It is and I stand by that. Very few people will disagree unless you want to rewrite history.
I'm interested how this will take place from a practical implementation side of things. Would they be literally re-writing history by revising old review scores, editing the wiki pages, and hacking into forum databases to change the tone of discourse.

Or would this be a time travel scenario? Perhaps they're going back in time and joining the dev team, only to sabotage it mid-production. Or, they go back to release day and run around slapping the game out of peoples hands.

I do agree with regards to RE1 having B movie type horror tropes, which I personally find makes the game quite charming.

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023

I never disparaged Resident Evil in any of my posts. I just said the first game was more cheesy like a B movie. And that is an undeniable truth and a fact.

It doesn't take away the popularity of RE, it's just the way it is. If you still have issues with that, figure it out with your therapist.
It's not the most respected. And the general consensus would not align with that. The most respected horror game would probably be res 2. Based on general consensus.

• haha
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
I don't know why people find pyramid head scary dunno if it's just me being decensatised by horror but dudes pretty skinny & not big lol they should've made him more imposing (I get that he's supposed to be a manifestation of james himself punishing himself but still lol)

Reactions: voke

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Has anyone here played the original & finished the remake ? I could've sworn in the original there was some context of her asking him to do it but it isn't in the remake
Do you talk about the Mannequin?
In original you find a memo in the room which you first encounter this enemy.
This memo stay in your inventory and tells a bit of what she was thinking.

Edit - Ohhh shit… now I remember the memo changed based on the ending you where following… there are different memos in this room… the memos where related to the ending you was following.

The memo were very very very easy to miss… it was in a desk with low illumination.

It is one of these details you says the guy that did that is genial.

Edit 2 - For curious the memo exists in the Remake as a book part in the bookshop… it doesn’t seems to be tied to the ending here like you can read all three at the same time.

Last edited:

DarkLordOtaku

18 Oct 2024
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
I don't know why people find pyramid head scary dunno if it's just me being decensatised by horror but dudes pretty skinny & not big lol they should've made him more imposing (I get that he's supposed to be a manifestation of james himself punishing himself but still lol)
I'm not sure that it's so much a scare factor, as it is a recognizability feature. He's a famous monster, because of how instantly recognizable he is, and the symbolism he represents is fitting for a psychological horror.

He takes the role of a "pursuer" in some parts of the story, which makes the fear associated with him not necessarily his size, but knowing you won't be able to bring him down know matter what is in your arsenal. It's like how a certain boss towards the end of the game is pretty unintimidating when you're fully geared up, but under different circumstances shortly after, that foe becomes significantly more intimidating.