2pm PT / 5pm ET / 10pm BST / 11pm CEST

FfOK16aWIAAb3-c

Last edited by a moderator:

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Announces Silent Hill 2 Remake.
Konami: Yeah, we heard you and we will remake the 2012 film. Filming starts in 2023.
Me: What?

Other disappointment is Bloober Team ruining Silent Hill 2.

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
Announces Silent Hill 2 Remake.
Konami: Yeah, we heard you and we will remake the 2012 film. Filming starts in 2023.
Me: What?

Other disappointment is Bloober Team ruining Silent Hill 2.
Yeah, Last i heard they are remaking the Movies also don't know why the first one was not that bad (Could have been better) the second was horrible lol

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
@Yurinka now we need to find out what the rest of the pic means.

154425qhhyaayu0bcuvbba.jpg

This pic came from a Chinese leaker that seems to know alot.
SH having their own show....
I think the Chinese guy meant that Sony isn't related at all to the next Silent Hill (didn't bought the brand, isn't developing it etc). But instead is focused on Final Fantasy exclusives, probably to the point of buying SE.

Or simply meant that in the next Sony event there won't be SH but they'll have FFXVI instead.

Or both.

Regarding the tweets we saw today: 2 hours 50 minutes before the tweet Masahiro Ito tweeted this, meaning he knew about the announcement and also means he's in:
unknown.png

Konami also tweeted about it, the game had a Konami page and the logo of the tweet features a Konami copyright, meaning Sony didn't buy Silent Hill. PlayStation didn't tweet or retweet anything and will be a Sillent Hill specific Konami announcement event, which pretty likely means there is no Sony involvement at all.

Edit: Just noticed Jim Ryan has a (grey but slightly blue?) box in his hand that doesn't appear in the original meme image:
MemeLoveTriangle_297886754.jpg

Regarding what's inside Jimbo's box, maybe it's a ring to marry Square Enix.
pedir-matrimonio-compromiso-anillo-boda-768x512.jpg

We also know that pretty likely this month we'll get FFXVI and RE stuff:
https://www.gematsu.com/2022/09/nex...ailer-likely-due-out-in-october-says-producer

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: EDMIX and AniWeeb

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Sooo... Konami still own SH and Sony have one SH of multiple (by BluePoint/BlueBox/Abandoned)?

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
I mean....we all know this is going to be likely trash given Konami's track record. I'm hoping for the best, but I expect the worst lol

So true. There was a time when Konami was on fire and had so many quality games. Then they chased away some of their most talented people, focused on pachinko, and let their gaming IPs slip into obscurity - with only the occasional half-assed attempt on capitalizing on some IP here and there. - Metal Gear Survive, for example. They come across as a company that doesn't really "get" gaming now. Unless they've hired some amazing developers and are willing to listen to them, I'm thinking it's definitely wiser to not to get my hopes too high. As a fan of SH, though, I really want to be wrong.

Reactions: EDMIX

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Sooo... Konami still own SH and Sony have one SH of multiple (by BluePoint/BlueBox/Abandoned)?
Sony won't develop a game of a C tier 3rd party IP. It's only a Silent Hill fanboy dream guess.

So true. There was a time when Konami was on fire and had so many quality games. Then they chased away some of their most talented people, focused on pachinko, and let their gaming IPs slip into obscurity - with only the occasional half-assed attempt on capitalizing on some IP here and there. - Metal Gear Survive, for example. They come across as a company that doesn't really "get" gaming now. Unless they've hired some amazing developers and are willing to listen to them, I'm thinking it's definitely wiser to not to get my hopes too high. As a fan of SH, though, I really want to be wrong.
Konami is currently one of the top grossing 3rd party publishers in gaming and very profitable. They left AAA outside PES, but with PES (now known as eFootball), Bomberman, smaller games, compilations of classic games and specially mobile games they are performing now in terms of economics way better than when they were focused on AAA games.

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
Konami is currently one of the top grossing 3rd party publishers in gaming and very profitable. They left AAA outside PES, but with PES (now known as eFootball), Bomberman, smaller games, compilations of classic games and specially mobile games they are performing now in terms of economics way better than when they were focused on AAA games.

The thing is I don't play games because a company is financially successful. I play games that are good and resonate with me. Looking at, for example, Metal Gear Survive - it's pretty clear they had no clue what made the IP special or what the fans wanted. The same goes for when they attempted to broaden the appeal of the SH series and lost what made people love it in the first place. That's what I mean by they don't get gaming. Perhaps I wasn't specific enough.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
The thing is I don't play games because a company is financially successful. I play games that are good and resonate with me. Looking at, for example, Metal Gear Survive - it's pretty clear they had no clue what made the IP special or what the fans wanted. The same goes for when they attempted to broaden the appeal of the SH series and lost what made people love it in the first place. That's what I mean by they don't get gaming. Perhaps I wasn't specific enough.
What I meant is that you personally not liking or playing the recent Konami approach or games doesn't mean that Konami 'doesn't really "get" gaming now' or that 'they had no clue' or 'don't get gaming'. Your personal tastes and opinion are not representative at all of the gaming market or a company doing it right or wrong, or if they have a clue or not. They are only your personal tastes and opinion.

There are billions of players and each one has its own opinion, which is different and in many cases opposite to the opinion of other people. And your (or anyone else, like mine) opinion isn't better than someone else opinion. This is why there are objective metrics to measure market data or company performance.

And when looking at the Konami market data metrics, they are in the best spot they have been in the last 20 years and in a multi year growing trend. They struggled like 20 years ago because they invested in very expensive AAA games that didn't sell well enough to keep that model sustainable for them (example: Silent Hill games) and adapted to focus in smaller games like the emerging mobile phone games market and reducing their efforts in console to fewer IPs, the most successful (like PES) and less risky (smaller and popular stuff like Bomberman) bets.

This means that even if like everyone else they had some fails they had and have a clue of the gaming market and adapted very well first to survive to market changes and second to grow. Seems they can afford to make AA/AAA games again like Silent Hill, but thanks to the money they made/saved by avoiding this type of games and focusing for many years in more profitable and affordable stuff for them like mobile games stuff, pachinkos, pachislos and other shit.

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
What I meant is that you personally not liking or playing the recent Konami approach or games doesn't mean that Konami 'doesn't really "get" gaming now' or that 'they had no clue' or 'don't get gaming'. Your personal tastes and opinion are not representative at all of the gaming market or a company doing it right or wrong, or if they have a clue or not. They are only your personal tastes and opinion.

There are billions of players and each one has its own opinion, which is different and in many cases opposite to the opinion of other people. And your (or anyone else, like mine) opinion isn't better than someone else opinion. This is why there are objective metrics to measure market data or company performance.

And when looking at the Konami market data metrics, they are in the best spot they have been in the last 20 years and in a multi year growing trend. They struggled like 20 years ago because they invested in very expensive AAA games that didn't sell well enough to keep that model sustainable for them (example: Silent Hill games) and adapted to focus in smaller games like the emerging mobile phone games market and reducing their efforts in console to fewer IPs, the most successful (like PES) and less risky (smaller and popular stuff like Bomberman) bets.

This means that even if like everyone else they had some fails they had and have a clue of the gaming market and adapted very well first to survive to market changes and second to grow. Seems they can afford to make AA/AAA games again like Silent Hill, but thanks to the money they made/saved by avoiding this type of games and focusing for many years in more profitable and affordable stuff for them like mobile games stuff, pachinkos, pachislos and other shit.

What an interesting lecture, and by "interesting" I mean tedious. When a person gives their opinion, do you really need them to explicitly state what they are saying is subjective? Here's another opinion - I don't care that they are financially successful or they make mobile games. I am specifically referring to their handling of certain franchises which caused them to decline. They were so far removed from the creativity and spirit of the originals that they disappointed fans and weren't particularly good games and so failed to capture new ones. You may believe that they now have the financial resources to make a come back, I have doubts. Nothing they have done indicates they have the ability to succeed in making games of the caliber seen when Kojima and Team Silent were still in their employ.

Edit: Thinking it over, I believe my response to you was unduly harsh. My apologies. We are looking at this from two different perspectives. You from a business and me from an art perspective. What I should have said was I don't think Konami gets Silent Hill. This can be seen when they gave the franchise to different studios with the goal of broadening its appeal, for example, and disbanded the original team that gave us the first four games. Decisions like that are one of the reasons, likely the main reason, later SH games under-performed. It wasn't just one IP this happened with either. So, I have my doubts on their ability to deliver a great or even good SH game. I'm open to being proven wrong, but only time will tell on that.

Last edited:

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
2 days to this!

If anyone wants to watch and chat live, message me for the discord, should be interesting.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
What an interesting lecture, and by "interesting" I mean tedious. When a person gives their opinion, do you really need them to explicitly state what they are saying is subjective? Here's another opinion - I don't care that they are financially successful or they make mobile games. I am specifically referring to their handling of certain franchises which caused them to decline. They were so far removed from the creativity and spirit of the originals that they disappointed fans and weren't particularly good games and so failed to capture new ones. You may believe that they now have the financial resources to make a come back, I have doubts. Nothing they have done indicates they have the ability to succeed in making games of the caliber seen when Kojima and Team Silent were still in their employ.
One thing is to say 'I don't like the approach they had in recent years/I prefer the approach they had in the past'. This is to give their opinion.

To say things like 'Konami doesn't really "get" gaming now' or that 'they had no clue' or 'don't get gaming' is a different thing. It's to assume that their own personal opinion is the only valid one, that gaming is the only type of games they like and that if a company doesn't do things the way they like 'they have no clue'. Not only being wrong ignoring that mobile is the biggest and fastest growing market and that maybe they got no choice due to previous failures with several previous AAA/AA.