Sinophobia in gaming award? Black Myth Wukong was not getting nominated for GOTY by Golden Joystick Award

OP
OP
Airbus

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Why would Wukong be nominated in the first place, there are many other better games that came out this year with much higher review scores.
It's a good game but it's not like anything special

Start naming it then

I can only remember handfull this year like stellar blade, ff7 rebirth, astrobot, space marine 2

Reactions: akira__

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Start naming it then

I can only remember handfull this year like stellar blade, ff7 rebirth, astrobot, space marine 2
There are 87 games that scored higher this year

OP
OP
Airbus

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
There are 87 games that scored higher this year

Really gona include game like tina tery turbo trip, botany manor, earth defence force world brothers 2, turnip boy robs a bank, vampire therapist, lil guardsman into this conversation?

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
Well, interesting to see how many people are only wising up now to corporate controlled western media awards. And by corporate, I mean certain US corporations.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Airbus

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Wukong has great visuals and good combat but the story is one of the best in the games released this year, Sadly not having straight forward cut scenes like Cuckmann's games results in people not getting the finer nuances of the story. Wukong should at least have been nominated for narrative and sound design. Stellar Blade got robbed of the soundtrack too.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Airbus
OP
OP
Airbus

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
It got nominated for best visual design. What areas was it locked out of?
Game is one of the best and biggest gaming spotlight this year

Should be getting at least 4-5 nominations and should be included in goty nominee

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
There are better games out there, maybe if any games didn't come out after wukong this year it would get nominated.

We even have unexpected hits like silent hill 2 and who knows what else could surprise.

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Game is one of the best and biggest gaming spotlight this year

Should be getting at least 4-5 nominations and should be included in goty nominee
Like I asked what other categories?

Visuals yes...then what?

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Personally I think it should be nominated but I can see why it might miss out slightly....

I think we need to hold off and see if other awards shows nominate it to see the whole picture.

Let's not rush to conclusions...