"Sony exec says it wants to be ‘the Nike of gaming gear’

Status
Not open for further replies.

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Makes sense, monitors, headsets. Their controllers works natively with steam since PS4, also works on tv's with share/remoteplay etc...and on cell phones. It's really a market Sony can dominate, they make the best headsets in the biz right now and people seem to forget that at every NPD they have always sold the most peripheals for decades on-going.

Reactions: Bryank75

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
Makes sense, monitors, headsets. Their controllers works natively with steam since PS4, also works on tv's with share/remoteplay etc...and on cell phones. It's really a market Sony can dominate, they make the best headsets in the biz right now and people seem to forget that at every NPD they have always sold the most peripheals for decades on-going.
To be fair the gamepad works with PC despite Sony's lack of effort. Most devs also ignore that it exists and think we are still in 2008, Elden Ring for example still didn't have PlayStation prompts the last time I played it.

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
To be fair the gamepad works with PC despite Sony's lack of effort. Most devs also ignore that it exists and think we are still in 2008, Elden Ring for example still didn't have PlayStation prompts the last time I played it.
PS prompts should be as easy as a toggle for the devs or even the end user. Sony should ensure that all games have that option. Hope with their new set of PC products they are heading there. It may be the direction they are taking since their games are also coming to PC now. At least they can set the trend with their games.

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
PS prompts should be as easy as a toggle for the devs or even the end user. Sony should ensure that all games have that option. Hope with their new set of PC products they are heading there. It may be the direction they are taking since their games are also coming to PC now. At least they can set the trend with their games.
I personally can't understand how it's even possible for a game like Elden Ring to release without that option. There are also neutral prompts that would work for any controller that could be used instead of Xbox prompts. This is the type of stuff that people developing for PC are really bad at. Devs that do it right don't get the proper appreciation.

So far it looks like games that Sony was involved with that used haptics and adaptive triggers on the PS5 are getting them on PC at least.

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
I personally can't understand how it's even possible for a game like Elden Ring to release without that option. There are also neutral prompts that would work for any controller that could be used instead of Xbox prompts. This is the type of stuff that people developing for PC are really bad at. Devs that do it right don't get the proper appreciation.
Well we know how it goes with PC sometimes. The number of times modders have had to implement features or fix games, as simple as it may be. At least we can prop the devs that are really giving us all these features/options day 1.

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
Well we know how it goes with PC sometimes. The number of times modders have had to implement features or fix games, as simple as it may be. At least we can prop the devs that are really giving us all these features/options day 1.
To risk a ban in some games just to get the proper controller prompt it ridiculous and even on offline games to have to mod the game is absurd to me (not to mention that many games are hard to mod), if there ever is a sign of low effort by a devs it's missing prompts.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Soo... They were trying to make a Nike tick with the shape of the console then? That's as good of an explanation as ive heard yet.

OP
OP
Papacheeks

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Pretty much this.
They will be the "FILA" of gaming. But surely not "Nike".

I admit its not a good name. It's like the most generic Esports thing they could have come up with. This from the same company that made the walkman, VAIO, Playstation, Bravio brands. They could have done something better in my opinion. Rebranding is something that can happen I've seen game companies with bad names rebrand once word of mouth about their products being decent/good starts going around. They will probably rebrand after doing a couple esports tourny's.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
You know what they should have branded them as?

It's Sony, right? Coming in from a PS context, trying to get into esports expanded across PS/PC...

Your Are Not E
Sony Esports branding.

Status
Not open for further replies.