Sony Has A Crucial Decision To Make After Jim Ryan's Retirement.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Isnt this the same jim ryan who said we believe in generations and said horizon forbiden west and gow ragnarok are true nextgen game but then change their tunes and port it to ps4?
Generations and cross gen games for several years have been the norm every generation. Not including cross gen with so little Install base first few years would be suicide for both the devs and Sony, that is not financially smart and they all do it.

24 Jun 2022
Microsoft makes no money on games sold on Steam.

Valve is doing a lot of gaming on Linux. Other than VR and console multiplayer games (COD, etc), linux is a perfect alternative to windows.

If the rumors about 12 are true, we may see PC transition away from microsoft. Hopefully.

Man you got me kinda riled up in the other thread but I agree with you on this point. Steamdeck, Steam OS, Linux...it's all part of Valve's attempt to shift PC gaming hub away from Windows and for that I support them. Windows 12 going subscription-based is going to be such a destructive move for at least a core segment of PC customers who aren't in business or government environments, or school environments etc.

If anything the sub model should be restricted to the non-personal side of the Windows business, or maybe OEMs pay a revenue cut based on the number of units they sell to retailers or something which would be something of a pseudo-subscription model. But this is Microsoft; they are greedy AF and will make Windows 12 sub-based wholesale, even for home users.

Banana

Banned
10 Jan 2023
Man you got me kinda riled up in the other thread but I agree with you on this point. Steamdeck, Steam OS, Linux...it's all part of Valve's attempt to shift PC gaming hub away from Windows and for that I support them. Windows 12 going subscription-based is going to be such a destructive move for at least a core segment of PC customers who aren't in business or government environments, or school environments etc.

If anything the sub model should be restricted to the non-personal side of the Windows business, or maybe OEMs pay a revenue cut based on the number of units they sell to retailers or something which would be something of a pseudo-subscription model. But this is Microsoft; they are greedy AF and will make Windows 12 sub-based wholesale, even for home users.
Nothing personal man, just saying what I'm observing.

Yeah, Microsofts greed knows no bounds. Hopefully we can move PC to a completely free and open platform.

• fire
Reactions: Bryank75

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
What he really said in that 'we believe in generations' interview (you can google it) was that they were going to continue supporting PS4 during several years after PS5 release because most players were going to continue in PS4 during several years, and that he would like to see all their PS5 games using the next gen features such as haptic feedback, adaptative triggers, faster loadings, 3d audio etc. in PS5. What he said is what they did.

GoWR started its development in 2018, and HFW in 2017. Back then they didn't have PS5 devkits and they couldn't even know the PS5 specs because important parts of its hardware didn't exist back then.

So both games started as PS4 games. And after years of development later were adapted for PS5 too. It's literally impossible that both games could have started as PS5 only games and later they decided to make them crossgen. Timing of dates say that this conspiracy theory is wrong.
Whatever it is jim ryan era is over now

Have a nice day

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Isnt this the same jim ryan who said we believe in generations and said horizon forbiden west and gow ragnarok are true nextgen game but then change their tunes and port it to ps4?
You guys really ran with the Xbox smear campaign talking points and crucified the man over nothing? When the interview exists for all of us read? Lol

Good Job!

Reactions: Yurinka

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
You guys really ran with the Xbox smear campaign talking points and crucified the man over nothing? When the interview exists for all of us read? Lol

Good Job!
Jim Ryan is the shitiest sack of shit dirtbag CEO in Playstation history

The sooner you people realize the better it is

Anyway the man is soon to be gone now so any talking points here is over adios

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Jim Ryan is the shitiest sack of shit dirtbag CEO in Playstation history

The sooner you people realize the better it is

Anyway the man is soon to be gone now so any talking points here is over adios
I don't need to see anything since I'm no fan of Jim Ryan lol. You're still acting the fool by reiterating Xbots talking points... again congrats.

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
I don't need to see anything since I'm no fan of Jim Ryan lol. You're still acting the fool by reiterating Xbots talking points... again congrats.
Newsflash many xbox fanboys actually loves jimbo

Lots of sad and mourning post by them when jimbo leaves

You dont know this of course cos youre stupid brainless monkey that lack critical thinking like those coorporate xbox zealots asslicker that follow phil spencer for whatever decision he does

When xbots loves the head of playstation thats when you know the dude fucked up

Last edited: