Sony has reportedly halted production on PSVR2 due to amassed unsold inventory, according to Takashi Mochizuki (Bloomberg)

OP
OP
rinzler

rinzler

Banned
12 Mar 2024
PS4 production was basically killed after April 2020 it's not even a secret lol. Why do you think they also had to eventually send out PR they are gonna produce an extra million units.

The plan was to kill PS4 in the lead up to PS5. Jim outlined their plan to mass migrate users in numbers never seen before he of course never saw lockdowns and chip shortage coming.
I assume you are referencing this, wasn't hard to look up.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
VR being main stream is still decades away. PSVR isnt in demand. Makes perfect sense to stop production until the old units sale.
They'll be stuck with unsold units for years and years. Offloading all the dead weight to PC will help only a little but the software isn't there to make anyone want this thing.

Reactions: ToTTenTranz
OP
OP
rinzler

rinzler

Banned
12 Mar 2024
And so is this article somehow meant to prove what I said wrong? Or?? 🫤
No lol, I'm just guessing this is what you were talking about. When I said it wasn't hard to look up that was in relation to the egg guy saying that didn't happen or whatever.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
No lol, I'm just guessing this is what you were talking about. When I said it wasn't hard to look up that was in relation to the egg guy saying that didn't happen or whatever.
Ah I see! Yes..

That Bloomberg guy is a hater but it's also not hard for us to figure stuff out on our own by looking at the big picture.

PS4 sales in North America in 2019 - 3.87 million
Sales in 2020 - 2 million (1 million of those sales alone were between January to April)
Sales in 2021 - 600k

And it sold worse worldwide

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
They'll be stuck with unsold units for years and years. Offloading all the dead weight to PC will help only a little but the software isn't there to make anyone want this thing.
i wouldn't say its the software. Its vr period. Nobody gives shit about vr. The tech isnt there for it yet. Imagine real VR. Thats when shit will get cooking. that might take centuries though.

Eggman

12 Apr 2023
PS4 production was basically killed after April 2020 it's not even a secret lol. Why do you think they also had to eventually send out PR they are gonna produce an extra million units.

The plan was to kill PS4 in the lead up to PS5. Jim outlined their plan to mass migrate users in numbers never seen before he of course never saw lockdowns and chip shortage coming.
Find me a single source that claims this that isn't Takashi from Bloomberg....

Sony didn't say anything for PR, all the nonsense you keep repeating comes from this Takashi clown

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Cool hand luke

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
i wouldn't say its the software. Its vr period. Nobody gives shit about vr. The tech isnt there for it yet. Imagine real VR. Thats when shit will get cooking. that might take centuries though.
It's a software and price issue for Playstation. The OG VR sold like what 5 million? Where did everyone go? lol

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Find me a single source that claims this that isn't Takashi from Bloomberg....

Sony didn't say anything for PR, all the nonsense you keep repeating comes from this Takashi clown
I don't need a source when I could track the sales of the console... I didn't even know of that Takashi guy till I joined this place last year as I don't follow up with unimportant gaming related figures lol.

Stay in denial.

Eggman

12 Apr 2023
I don't doom post anything, your alternate reality in which you can't securely handle people engaged and supporting Sony's products on an alternate platform is the problem.

The fact that this has become about me because of nonsensical ad hominem by Jah is what you should be worried about. Gate keeping conversation on an internet forum with unfounded personal insults is ridiculous.
It's really not hard to figure you shills out, you're the same as the thousands I have seen and discussed things with over the last decade. Same constant nonstop bullshit.

You made a new account on Friday and haven't shut up about how much better PC is and how everything Sony is doing is either wrong or not good enough or pointless.

New account same garbage

Eggman

12 Apr 2023
I don't need a source when I could track the sales of the console... I didn't even know of that Takashi guy till I joined this place last year as I don't follow up with unimportant gaming related figures lol.

Stay in denial.
You literally quoted him when you claimed Sony said they produced a million more PS4s for PR. Sony never said this, that 1 million PS4 number came from Takashi.

Just because PS4 sales are low doesn't mean they halted production or planned to. Do you even know how many PS4s have sold in the last 4 years?

Last edited:
OP
OP
rinzler

rinzler

Banned
12 Mar 2024
It's really not hard to figure you shills out, you're the same as the thousands I have seen and discussed things with over the last decade. Same constant nonstop bullshit.

You made a new account on Friday and haven't shut up about how much better PC is and how everything Sony is doing is either wrong or not good enough or pointless.

New account same garbage
Total mischaracterization, and lazy ad hominem. Instead of actually addressing what's been said you just hop on the character assassination trend.

It's not shocking why though, it's lazy and it's easy. Imagine having to actually put in the work to have a rational argument about something.

New account same garbage? Spare me, if you had an issue with anything I've said you can address it directly or simply be quiet.

I'm a PC gamer, shocking that I talk about PC and its proliferation and Sony's engagement in that which I support.

You can feel free to not support that but get off my back with this intellectually dishonest laziness about what I'm doing.

If I'm not in lock step with the propaganda I'm an enemy then right? That's basically what you're insinuating, no free thinking? No counter interests? Yeah ok.

You say I've exposed myself, look in the mirror. Intolerance for others and their alternate ways of engaging in this medium is spineless and pathetic.

• haha
Reactions: BigMclargeHuge

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
You literally quoted him when you claimed SOny said they produced a million more PS4s for PR. Sony never said this, that 1 million PS4 numbers came from Takashi.

Just because PS4 sales are low doesn't mean they halted production or planned to. Do you even know how many PS4s have sold in the last 4 years?
March 2020 - March 2021 - 5.5 million
March 2021 - March 2022 - 1.3 million

Last year The system saw a resurgence in sales, I wonder why :unsure:

Eggman

12 Apr 2023
Total mischaracterization, and lazy ad hominem. Instead of actually addressing what's been said you just hop on the character assassination trend.

It's not shocking why though, it's lazy and it's easy. Imagine having to actually put in the work to have a rational argument about something.

New account same garbage? Spare me, if you had an issue with anything I've said you can address it directly or simply be quiet.

I'm a PC gamer, shocking that I talk about PC and its proliferation and Sony's engagement in that which I support.

You can feel free to not support that but get off my back with this intellectually dishonest laziness about what I'm doing.

If I'm not in lock step with the propaganda I'm an enemy then right? That's basically what you're insinuating, no free thinking? No counter interests? Yeah ok.

You say I've exposed myself, look in the mirror. Intolerance for others and their alternate ways of engaging in this medium is spineless and pathetic.

I already addressed the garbage article with a thorough reply detailing how everything Takashi says is garbage, now I'm talking about you since someone else brought it up and they were right.

There's nothing more lazy than posting shitty articles and half assed dooming comments all weekend with no substances other than "PC better than Playustation" or "Playstation bad". I see thousands of useless children do the same practically every day. Nothing you said was "intellectual" and havving any actual discussion with someone like you on any serious topic is pointless.

No one gives a shit that you like PC more than Playstation and it doesn't make you special or better than anyone because you play games on PC. I have no idea how you PC master race clowns got this in your head that you are in some way superior. No one gives a fuck. Go back to reddit with that garbage

And you can stop pushing the bullshit narrative that Sony will stop supporting physical games any time soon

Reactions: JAHGamer

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
What were the sales last year? And I'd like some sources
How am I gonna know full sales for years they didn't put out yearly figures? Imagine being so unserious :LOL:

You do know you can aggregate however from select markets that reveal sales data to at least have an idea of how things are trending and PS4 saw sales increases in many markets across Europe, UK, Japan, North America.

However PS4 still hasn't passed 118 million.. so take from that what you will.

Eggman

12 Apr 2023
How am I gonna know full sales for years they didn't put out yearly figures? Imagine being so unserious :LOL:

You do know you can aggregate however from select markets that reveal sales data to at least have an idea of how things are trending and PS4 saw sales increases in many markets across Europe, UK, Japan, North America.

However PS4 still hasn't passed 118 million.. so take from that what you will.
Okay so you admit you have no idea if there was a " a resurgence in sales". Provided me one valid source that has said this. Literally any one or just stop replying

OP
OP
rinzler

rinzler

Banned
12 Mar 2024
I already addressed the garbage article with a thorough reply detailing how everything Takashi says is garbage, now I'm talking about you since someone else brought it up and they were right.

There's nothing more lazy than posting shitty articles and half assed dooming comments all weekend with no substances other than "PC better than Playustation" or "Playstation bad". I see thousands of useless children do the same practically every day. Nothing you said was "intellectual" and havving any actual discussion with someone like you on any serious topic is pointless.

No one gives a shit that you like PC more than Playstation and it doesn't make you special or better than anyone because you play games on PC. I have no idea how you PC master race clowns got this in your head that you are in some way superior. No one gives a fuck. Go back to reddit with that garbage

And you can stop pushing the bullshit narrative that Sony will stop supporting physical games any time soon
As noted with your mischaracterization of me I never said PC was better than PlayStation, I don't go out of my way ranting about superiority and I not once said or even insinuated PlayStation is bad.

This is exactly what I mean, you have no idea what you're talking about and are clearly and lazily associating the behavior of others with me because of my platform lol.

Clownworld

• haha
Reactions: BigMclargeHuge

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Okay so you admit you have no idea if there was a " a resurgence in sales". Provided me one valid source that has said this. Literally any one or just stop replying
So we gonna pretend it wasn't reported PS4 saw increases in North America, UK, Outsold Xbox across Europe, Japanese sales tripled last year?

I'm not even gonna further waste my time with you :ROFLMAO:

Eggman

12 Apr 2023
So we gonna pretend it wasn't reported PS4 saw increases in North America, UK, Outsold Xbox across Europe, Japanese sales tripled last year?

I'm not even gonna further waste my time with you :ROFLMAO:
Funny how you continue to have no sources at all for anything. I can see an increase in UK where they use misleading percentages that can literally just mean it sold a few thousand more