Sony have no plan to release any major (established) franchise titles this year (April 2024- March 2025)

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
gn1.PNG

Something most people have been saying for a while now. The Jim Ryan and Hermen Hulst effect is starting to show it's impact. Hardware sales have also been revised down. I've been saying since last year Rise of the ronin and stellar blade
are not console sellers

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
gn1.PNG

Something most people have been saying for a while now. The Jim Ryan and Hermen Hulst effect is starting to show it's impact. Hardware sales have also been revised down. I've been saying since last year Rise of the ronin and stellar blade
are not console sellers

The way a few of us were attacked and ridiculed on this forum stating this. Hermen Hulst needs to go and I will never stop saying this.

And I knew they would struggle or fail to meet the 25 million from last Spring when sales fell off a cliff after March, though many here stuck their heads in the sand over the terrible summer sales.

That's what they get for getting ahead of themselves, thinking they were too big to fail. They inflicted damage on themselves by taking away the elusiveness of actually owning a PlayStation.

Jim Ryan going out like a limped d*CK hack... BYE 👋🏻

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
The way a few of us were attacked and ridiculed on this forum stating this. Hermen Hulst needs to go and I will never stop saying this.

And I knew they would struggle or fail to meet the 25 million from last Spring when sales fell off a cliff after March, though many here stuck their heads in the sand over the terrible summer sales.

That's what they get for getting ahead of themselves, thinking they were too big to fail. They inflicted damage on themselves by taking away the elusiveness of actually owning a PlayStation.

Jim Ryan going out like a limped d*CK hack... BYE 👋🏻

Its going to take a decade to undo all of Jim Ryan's mistakes

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Its going to take a decade to undo all of Jim Ryan's mistakes
They don't have a decade lol. And it's not even his fault but the shareholders that started paying attention to the PS department during the PS4 era after they started making so much profit. They demanded more and more...

But he's still at fault because he knew the ramifications it would have and folded.

The new CEO will further wreck the brand

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Hermen running PlayStation Studios is a joke imo. PlayStation Studios was a golden goose and these clowns tried to push live-service on them.

We need Shu back
Shu doesn't want the stress anymore, he's close to retiring. And with Connie and her team, we're fucked

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Hermen running PlayStation Studios is a joke imo. PlayStation Studios was a golden goose and these clowns tried to push live-service on them.

We need Shu back

Thanks to Shu we lost Fromsoft,ready at dawn and dragons Dogma being exclusive

• sad
Reactions: toadsage44

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Ooof. Did they cancel Concord and Fairgame$? I thought those were supposed to release soon.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
The yearly sales of all consoles make a curve, and the current year of PS5 in theory should be the peak one, or at least it is for most consoles. This means that yes, starting next FY like every console the yearly sales would start to decrease as part of that curve.

No major franchises released = major new IPs (like Concord, Marathon or new IP from Cory or Team Asobi) + "minor" franchises, as could be Death Stranding 2 or Bloodborne 2.

They said that won't release a sequel of a top selling IP as Spider-Man 2 or GoWR were. So no new Unchared, TLOU, Horizon, Gran Turismo, GoT, Wolverine to be released from April 2024 to March 2025. But could release a sequel of any other IP they have here or new IP.

Ooof. Did they -cancel Concord and Fairgame$? I thought those were supposed to release soon.
No. In fact they and Marathon could be released that FY because they are new IPs, not major franchises.

The Jim Ryan and Hermen Hulst effect is starting to show it's impact.
Yes, Sony has the best revenue, profit, hardware sales, software sales, accesories sales, first party sales, subscription revenue and active userbase in PlayStation history.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: flaccidsnake

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
They can still release new IPs, that slide is about existing franchises and the 25 millions target was always too high. 21 millions is still great.

This thread is very negative after they had a record-breaking Q3, the highest ever in PS history by far. Focus on that 💁‍♂️