Sony Interactive Entertainment Tops The List Of Metacritic Game Publisher Rankings (2022)

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Congratulations to Sony. Ragnarök alone should have been reason enough, but with Horizon they had 2 GOTY contenders. They will probably win this year again.

I'm awaiting Xbox warriors retroactively claim at least third place if the ABK deal goes through.

VillaiN

10 Feb 2023
Another reason why PS s growing by making xbox smaller.
Why re regulators protecting sony?
Just let MS compete. After AB, they should buy Take 2. For Japan, they should get at least Sega and Capcom.

Reactions: Deleted member 417

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
They crushed everyone last year in those rankings.

Honestly, I have no idea how MSFT won anything the year before either.... Halo? LOL
What are you talking about? The thing quoted makes it clear that Microsoft won last year.

Anyways, why did the Show review so low? I thought people always loved it?

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
couldn't care less. this nonsense was parroted by xbots like a gospel, yet couldn't name a winner year before. it was so relevant.
no need to parrot it for us too. let them have that pity party.

On Demand

Veteran
30 Jul 2022
They crushed everyone last year in those rankings.

Honestly, I have no idea how MSFT won anything the year before either.... Halo? LOL

They had the easy benefit of owning Bethesda and Double Fine. Some of the game weren’t even on Xbox. They even left out some PlayStation games too.

Basically they bought their way into getting that silly award.

I think it was created that year too, conveniently.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
This is a pointless award as there are so many variables. It was as pointless now as it was when MS won last year or whoever won the year before. That's how pointless it is, who was the last 5 winners without checking

Sony
MS
?
?
? Maybe Nintendo won one of those years.
Yeah. Last year it was pointless as well. In all these years between Xbox and Sony, Sony has had the best console exclusives overall and in quantity. So all this publisher this, during this time, not counting these games, bs is just nonsense to me.

Zeroing

Veteran
6 Jul 2022
they already did with everything. player numbers now are most important thing. if numbers are small, then it goes to default - it is free.
It gives me so much headaches, I do understand why they do it. They see the brand as an extension of themselves and that is really bad.

We all just want good games, or course everyone have their preferences but when we have to resort to mental gymnastics, backtracking bullying other people on the internet etc… it’s a sign something is wrong in our gaming community.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
The top grossing mobile gaming publishers just in case you're curious. Please notice that some companies have different publishers so aren't listed here merged (in the case of Sony they also have Aniplex or Crunchyroll Games):

Ranks-52-TPA-2022-Overall-1.png

Last edited:

Zeroing

Veteran
6 Jul 2022
I do not play mobile games but Sony is at 20! They have mobile games? I though they left and are now returning hence the news in recent months…

Another though:
Unfortunately I think the publishers list will become shorter and shorter during the next years…

Reactions: Deleted member 417