Sony just flushed all the good will they gained this year down the drain

Zeroing

Veteran
6 Jul 2022
Are Media Molecule making an actual game this time?

If not tell them to get their CVs up to date
Omg I just replied to @anonpuffs who wanted more creative games… I can’t control what they do! All studios have creative freedom.

Look the guys made the best game on vita, they build an engine from zero, they know how to make games and they are Kaz favorite studio…

So interpret it like you want.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Are Media Molecule making an actual game this time?

If not tell them to get their CVs up to date
The new Lead guy says he will try his hardest to make the company survive so I'd assume they are making a new IP or probably gonna build on the Dreams Engine instead of starting from scratch.

Kudun khanor

28 May 2023
People have short memories and pretend that they never saw a bad showcase before

Im here about E3 2014, 2019, 2020, and several other psx, gamescom tgs and other shows

Oh and some comical laughably bad presentation from xbox too
Basically every ps showcase was either good or really excellent and that's factual
This one is garbage overall speaking

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
My hope is that if sony is truly trying to sell 25m consoles this year that they need another showcase before years end or i dont see how that happens
Yeah, your posts clearly indicate that you’re incredibly short-sighted.

Man, the pants-hitting on here lately gives a nursery school for the rectally incontinent a good challenge.

• fire
Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
If Sony owned Uncharted and Tomb Raider yet didn't make a crossover by introducing Lara in Uncharted they should leave the gaming business.

I won't believe anything you say without you being vetted or leaking something very precisely btw, nothing personal.
Natan's daughter should have been called Laura C. and she would study archeology and eventually transition into Indiana Jones to fight nazis!

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Natan's daughter should have been called Laura C. and she would study archeology and eventually transition into Indiana Jones to fight nazis!
I just want Lara Croft to show up as the antagonist that eventually join forces. She could replace Chloe that they ruined in the last game by making her boring.

Or even better forget all this and lets go back to the 1600s/1700s with actual pirates and swashbucklery.

Reactions: Deleted member 417

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
I just want Lara Croft to show up as the antagonist that eventually join forces. She could replace Chloe that they ruined in the last game by making her boring.
Chloe used to be pretty edgy and kind of a double edged sword in UC 2, now she is brave and stunning.

• sad
Reactions: Nhomnhom

On Demand

Veteran
30 Jul 2022
The showcase was more of what they did on gamescom, More artsy. Everyone can noticed stuff has been cut! I can confirm!

Also since they change everything, our marketing team is a bit lost. PS Twitter stopped having personality, the YouTube shows in several countries are now gone

So yeah it was a big of a internal chance in direction.

Is this the reason PS5 hasn’t gotten any custom limited edition consoles? PS4 had so many artful designed consoles with first party games. Even a few 3rd party.

FF16 only gets PS5 cover plates in Japan while the US just gets a digital code bundle. Sony doesn’t even put physical copy anymore. The FF16 bundle doesn’t seem to selling. If it was a limited edition console it would be top 10 on Amazon right now.

PS4 had a lot of limited edition consoles at this point.

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
I mean, they were riding high, letting Microsoft make one big mistake after another, all they had to do was ride the wave and then they put out this disaster. It’s very worrrying for a number of reasons

1. Sony aren’t vocal enough so this may be the last time we hear from them for a while, maybe a whole year
  2. No single player games announced, yet multiplayer stuff announced for next year, thats worrying
  3. Too many Live Service games, this isn’t want playstation fans want
  4. Too many cgi trailers
  5. Where are all the studios?
Honestly, im so let down by this showcase that if sony doesn’t have a response soon idk how im gonna feel about the future of the brand. imagine going another year with only knowing about some cgi trailers for shooters?

Holy shit, I might have to take back everything i said about Hermen and Jim Ryan, this is a xbox one level disaster
🙄 Sony is still riding high. Ppl contiously saying they need to show us what they working on is so tiresome. We are getting DS2, stellar blade, Wolverine, horizon3, horizon multiplayer, factions, single player ND game, insomniac multiplayer, helldivers, concord, rise of the ronin, marathon, fairgame$ and that barely scratches the surface. Obviously if games were rdy to be shown they would show it or they have strategic reasons for not showing it. I don’t Ppl taking it personally Jim Ryan is giving them a 10yr outline detailing everything ps has planned.

Reactions: DocRay

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
My hope is that if sony is truly trying to sell 25m consoles this year that they need another showcase before years end or i dont see how that happens
What r u basing that on? Without having a showcase last year just state of plays they broke hardware sales records selling as much consoles than they have since the ps2.

ApolloHelios

2 Jul 2022
Holy shit, I might have to take back everything i said about Hermen and Jim Ryan, this is a xbox one level disaster
Dude you deserve Xbox honestly with this defeatist attitude.. fuck that all this good will shtick they don't live and die by your good will so when the games come you will do a 180 once again but throw your tantrum in the meantime LOL

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I don’t know what u mean by that
They made her really boring in the last game.
Dude you deserve Xbox honestly with this defeatist attitude.. fuck that all this good will shtick they don't live and die by your good will so when the games come you will do a 180 once again but throw your tantrum in the meantime LOL
Says the guy cheering Sony as they become more and more like Xbox. Go team blue, you can do no wrong! True fans won't ever turn on you!

Enjoy Farigame$.

• noneofmybizz
Reactions: ApolloHelios

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Man that is new level of savagery ... u just hurt alot of xboxers feeling with these words...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Cyberbroly7

3 Jun 2023
Man seeing u guys talk makes me realize there's a problem with u
and even sonys bad showcases had new single player announcements for their LARGE MAJORITY audience that prefers those games.
Let me give u a light bulb cause u seem lost... The Showcase wasn't anywhere bad and Playstation showed it's first party announcements with names, Spiderman Gameplay, Helldrivers 2, support for Indie devs, PSVR 2 Games, Multiplat third part games.. The only thing ppl didn't like were CGI trailers, Showcase wasn't any bad cause it had bangers including CGI trailers cause those are AAA games as well...and this showcase is the answer about Sony releasing games to mre gamers so they reach the their goal to have games sell more than a 100 million copies...you have to think in a company's shoes to understand it and that's what u failed to do, if ure not an average gamer(Large Majority Audience) then why didn't u analyse things like one? Im confused

Last edited:

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Showcase did what it needed to do.

Marathon sent out shockwaves in the shooterspace and while I could care less about spider-man; both those games pulled huge amount of eyes with more than 20 million views each for just their trailers.

They have been avoiding showcasing things to far from release. They didn’t do that entirely this time and it’s led to some nonsensical fanboy rage.

I do believe they still have more software for winter holiday season. This is assuming spider-man is placed in September.