Sony just flushed all the good will they gained this year down the drain

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
CGI for a game releasing on Xbox, wow.
With Sony acquiring Bungie we imported the Bungie legion home. They're like Lebron fanboys..... Where to next? LA, Miami, Cleveland... don't matter.

airplane-aircraft.gif

Thunderstorm__

31 May 2023
According to my knowledge, the condition for Bungie to be acquired is letting it releases games on multi platform. Does this mean that even if Sony wants, it will not be able to make Bungie games exclusive to Ps5?

Last edited:
Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
According to my knowledge, the condition for Bungie to be acquired is letting it releases games on multi platform. Does this mean that even if Sony wants, it will not be able to make a Bungie game exclusive to Ps5?

We don't have access to the exact wording of the contract, so I don't think any of us could really know if there is any flexibility there.

If I went by my gut feeling, I'd say there might be a little bit of room for a game to skip Xbox down the line, especially if the platform reduces in significance further. But I would imagine PC will be non-negotiable.

For now, it certainly looks like all platforms are being catered to.... as long as they have the power.

Reactions: Thunderstorm__

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
According to my knowledge, the condition for Bungie to be acquired is letting it releases games on multi platform. Does this mean that even if Sony wants, it will not be able to make Bungie games exclusive to Ps5?
Just delay then, for 5 years. It will release just not day one. Problem solved 😁

• brain
Reactions: Thunderstorm__