Sony Music New Joint venture with Palworld (Palworld Entertainment)

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Sony owns both the biggest viral hits of 2024. Palworld and Helldivers 2.

Palworld is not even on PS5 yet 🤣

I'm not sure this Ryan is a real account so the Astrobot stuff might be fake

Last edited:

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Weren’t they not doing well financially somehow? I doubt this was very expensive

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
That's not what they said, they are makng a new joint venture company “Palworld Entertainment”, there's no acquisition here
Yuh it’s not an acquisition it’s more like a partnership for merch.

But I remember people saying PS didn’t need to acquire studios now PS fans so excited they forgot to read the details regarding a simple partnership w Sony music/Aniplex not PS.

PS should make their own yokai/pokemon/palworld. A creature collecting farm/survival game featuring creatures/monsters. Target the animal crossing/pokemon/farming type gamers or make a new Toro Inoue game that’s like Animal Crossing

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
So they are going to go all in on replicating Pokémon company. Aniplex is a good company to try and achieve that with. That said, I have no interest in this IP

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Cool hand luke

YeezyDude

17 Jun 2024
Denmark
OP
OP
Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Sony doesn't own palworld....
It's only a matter of time. You better pray to your God Phil 🤣

After all the shilling you did for this fake pokemon only for it to be associated with Sony in a JOINT PARTNERSHIP where both companies will profit from this massive new IP that took Steam and the xbots by storm.

Even Sarah Bond the robot was all about Palworld, you would think she made it with the AI chip in her brain.

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
Didn't see this coming but it's smart. I thought it was more of a meme title but sales wise obviously potential as a franchise especially considering it's not on PS5 or mobile. It would fit their live-service portfolio, a survival/craft title and what would be crazy if Sony helps them beyond the foundation/scale up to have ''the dream MMO Pokemon game'' before GF ever gets to establish one, 2 stones with one pal. It's kinda like how Nintendo does their partnerships similar to The Pokémon Company.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
There you go - going for that Pokémon money with a multimedia franchise.

Xbox loses again. I remember the rumours about them purchasing the dev.

• fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
It's only a matter of time. You better pray to your God Phil 🤣

After all the shilling you did for this fake pokemon only for it to be associated with Sony in a JOINT PARTNERSHIP where both companies will profit from this massive new IP that took Steam and the xbots by storm.

Even Sarah Bond the robot was all about Palworld, you would think she made it with the AI chip in her brain.

i dont care about a joint partnership or who owns it. Im just pointing out you misunderstood the announcement. I don't care about phil.....