Sony Pictures reportedly in talks to buy Paramount. |UP|Sony Makes $26 Billion All-Cash Offer for Paramount.

Neversummer

27 Jun 2023
So, just for arguments sake, we could see a AAA Transformers game from Sony? Would they get the IP as a whole or just the movie rights?
No Paramount own the transformer movie right Sony will still have to buy Hasbro to own the franchise as a whole.

Could there be some deals sure but do not count on it. It would be more likely if Sony own the franchise thoe TMNT game would be a easy one for Sony to make PS exclusive like the new Ronin TMNT game but who knows knowing PS all of Paramount ip will be left 3rd party with low investment in the gaming front i mean Sony doesn’t invest in PS who would work on these franchise

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Fucking hell, imagine not investing that into PS with all the vultures circling around major IPs.
No doubt about it, Sony have absolutely 100% no trust in Playstation 👎
yeah, paying the price of a Take Two in Paramount... seems like an overpriced acquisition
Yearly revenue
A waste of money. Who knew Sony was so rich tho? We were told they were too poor to acquire anything 🤡
Sony Pictures was going to pay $10B for Zee but recently the acquisition failed. The Paramount Global acquisition wouldn't be only made by Sony, Apollo would also pay and get part of it.

Reactions: Jim Ryan

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
when we heard Totoki say "Consolidation in entertainment has been happening and Sony doesn't want to be left behind" in the same year that MS acquired Activision Blizzard King, we were thinking he was talking about gaming, seems that's not the case 🤦‍♂️

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
This thread, man.

"NOOO! Only do what I want you to do!"
I mean, we're mostly gamers here, not movie buffs. It's natural that most won't care about some movie franchises, but will care about 5 other companies spending billions on acquiring IPs. And it's not just having access to them in the future, it;s about preserving the quality. MS already shat on most of the new IPs they bought.

Neversummer

27 Jun 2023
26 Billion cash they couldve bought SE, Capcom, FRoms parent company and still had money left over. Theyd better pray MS is done with all the publisher acquisitions.
With MS pushing 3rd party MS is already gearing up for there next gaming publisher this time there won’t be much backlash from government since MS is going full 3rd party thoe technically there games exclusive to there subscription so it might aswell be the same as locking it behind & hoarding ip into 1 pie

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Sony can literally acquire any game publisher avaliable in the market, including EA, this argument that they have no money makes no sense, 8 years ago they made a bid to acquire FOX for 50B dollars while Sony Corp were valued at like 36B dollars, today they're valued at 100B+
Looks like they didn't learn their lesson, they were lucky they didn't buy Fox.

For comparison, Disney bought Fox for $71 billion.
And now they are doing worse than ever.

Neversummer

27 Jun 2023
This thread, man.

"NOOO! Only do what I want you to do!"
I mean can’t blame PS gamers. Sony output for major games from first party PS studios is 0 & in 2023 it was 1. Sony cadence 1-2 major games per year if your lucky (which is horrible)

People wanting to see Sony invest in gaming where there lacking massively compared to competitors shouldn’t be surprising. MS double down in gaming, Nintendo double down in gaming, Chinese & Saudis double down in gaming & Sony who’s biggest division & money maker isn’t I mean if your fine w PS output of 0 major games keep your head down but for the likes of many we want to see PS output increase x3 to compete w Nintendo & other. It will be funny if Saudis some who bought Capcom & made there games exclusive to Nintendo, PC & Mobile as there invested in Nintendo & Nintendo is the only platform who is defacto out of the 3

Last edited:

Neversummer

27 Jun 2023

Investors of Paramount seems to want the Sony deal. Particularly over Sky dance.
Hopefully Paramount is stupid enough to go with Sky Dance & Sony can take that 26 billion & buy WB which wouldnt require much as WB is in a similar position as Paramount in the movie industry

Last edited:

Neversummer

27 Jun 2023
Looks like they didn't learn their lesson, they were lucky they didn't buy Fox.

And now they are doing worse than ever.
Wouldn’t Fox give Sony StarWars & Marvel the power Sony would get in films & animation with those 2 ip alone & having full on Star Wars & Marvel games exclusive would be a gigantic shift in power imo

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
it literally won't benefit PlayStation in anything, will it?
  • PS+ Premium includes Sony Pictures Core and Crunchyroll content, they could add Paramount content there
  • They could use Paramount/Nickleodeon/MTV/CBS/etc IPs to make games
  • Paramount/Nickleodeon/MTV/CBS/etc could make movie/animation/tv show adaptations of SIE IPs
  • Sony would get a giant influx of revenue they could use to partly reinvest it on PlayStation

Know what you could do with 26b?

Capcom
Square
Fromsoftware
Larian
CD Projekt
Remedy
These companies combined would cost way more than 26B and would produce way less revenue combined than Paramount Global. Even if letting all of them full multiplatform.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Thirty7ven

30 Dec 2023
Why? Don’t really see what they have, and I mean really have? Mission Impossible and Star Trek?

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
A waste of money. Who knew Sony was so rich tho? We were told they were too poor to acquire anything 🤡

Be prepared to get a barrage of people that were fine with Activision suddenly be against consolidation, "bad for consumers", monopoly, competition and all that 🙄

I can already see all the usual suspect in the gaming industry campaign against this.
Bungie was a big waste 🤷🏻‍♂️