Sony PlayStation accounted for 13% of the Activision's revenue. Microsoft numbers are too low to be reported

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
If Playstation is only 13% whats the rest? Cause I dont believe its PC lol. They arent big spenders on games, more for hardware they spend

VillaiN

10 Feb 2023
If it goes through, they'll drag down ABK with them.
Yea, people think everything ll be fine with AB when deal closes. Or even better. Phil cant manage 50 people studios let alone publisher with 10k people. He hyped crossfire x, crackdown 3, state of decay.... to the moon. He saw quality there. It ll be funny it he drags AB to ground.

VillaiN

10 Feb 2023
To this day i dont understand why devs cant make a copy of cod with different name. Every military shooter tries to add some own gimmick and they fail to capture cod audience in huge share.

Make it f2p (or cheaper from cod) with basic modes, tdm, free4all, domination...before going for warzone, ground war. Before season passes.
60 fps twich shooter. Small maps. Instant respawn option. Fast paced. Spawns so even noobs can make few kills. For people who jump in for 20 minutes etc.

• thisistheway
Reactions: Deleted member 417

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
To this day i dont understand why devs cant make a copy of cod with different name. Every military shooter tries to add some own gimmick and they fail to capture cod audience in huge share.

Make it f2p (or cheaper from cod) with basic modes, tdm, free4all, domination...before going for warzone, ground war. Before season passes.
60 fps twich shooter. Small maps. Instant respawn option. Fast paced. Spawns so even noobs can make few kills. For people who jump in for 20 minutes etc.
Mindshare, and social networks. If your buddies are playing cod, you're going to play cod and not the knockoff that looks and plays the same.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Mobile, through King. Another reason why if MS were honest, they should be ok with divesting the CoD assets.
You really need to click into the full image for this one, it shows what the two big phone companies make and neither is all that much higher than Sony. Add those three together and you get 51 percent of 2022. Microsoft is somewhere under 10 and Nintendo would also be under 10 (probably way under since the only Acti games I can remember them getting are Crash and Spyro.) The other 40-something percent is probably merchandise, licensing (including to markets like China where they aren't the publisher?) and other miscellaneous stuff.

Edit: Also, PC/Batttlenet would be in there too, I guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: Old Gamer

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
If Playstation is only 13% whats the rest? Cause I dont believe its PC lol. They arent big spenders on games, more for hardware they spend
There are something called Candy Crush and others on Apple and Google 👊

But there are not that bigger than Sony in revenue terms.

For 2022:

Apple: 20%
Google: 18%
Sony: 13%

Microsoft is probably around 6-8% that is not that lower than Sony 🤷‍♂️
Nintendo and Valve around 5%?
Others minor players below 5%? When that
China has some minor player stores because the Google Play Store doesn’t work there… plus there are that company with Blizzard license until last year and they still holds Diablo Immortal.

Last edited:

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
deleted by me

Last edited:

BadBurger

3 Jul 2022
It's a bit of a disaster for Microsoft that they don't have a horse in the mobile operating system market.

Considering how big they are and how large that market is. It's embarrassing they can't compete there.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
20% iOS, 18% Google Play, 13% PS, <10% MS. PC and Nintendo aren't there pretty likely because they were <10% every single year while MS achieved 11% back in 2020 and the table only shows platforms over 10%.

Remember that they have King and CoD Mobile, and that mobile gaming makes over half of the gaming revenue. And that PS for big publishers makes around half of the non-mobile (or arcade+pachinkos etc) gaming revenue.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
It's a bit of a disaster for Microsoft that they don't have a horse in the mobile operating system market.

Considering how big they are and how large that market is. It's embarrassing they can't compete there.
MS is short sighted. They really have a problem innovating and pursuing new forms of revenue. Look at Azure. You'd think MS would be number one on Cloud but Amazon got them beat... because the leadership is trash.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022

Hey you play chess and I play checkers, why don't we play together? The boards are similar enough!

• brain

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022

This is the thing, I think that they might have pulled it off if they had kept trying. A few people had them, they tended to love their windows phones.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Mindshare, and social networks. If your buddies are playing cod, you're going to play cod and not the knockoff that looks and plays the same.
CoD lost some steam to battlefield for a while around 2012/14. It's hard, but if a series came along and delivered the goods for a couple of years in a row they could eat up quite a bit of CoD's market.

EN250

17 Feb 2023

Medal of Honor was the answer COD when COD wasn't as big as it's now, then Battlefield was the answer to COD when COD surpassed Halo's popularity, then everyone and their grandma tried to chase the "COD Trend" and failed on different levels, that was at the end of 7th gen, everyone threw the towel after the following gen and the damn thing got bigger to this day

There are like what? 3 huge FPS atm, COD, Counter Strike and Destiny, 4 with Apex Legends, but that's "the answer to Fortnite", should be 5, but EA and Dice keep destroying whatever hopes there are for a good Battlefield 🤷‍♂️

As for the news, show the MS numbers damnit :cautious:
Love how the money is there on PS Systems and it's not some spare change, but AV board doesn't give a crap, guess by the time the purchase is done, it won't be their problem 😑