Sony Possibly Building New Studio Of Ex-Deviation Games Talent.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Sony should recruit Teyon Studios and give them a proper budget to flex their muscles a bit while they at it.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Maverick

1 Sep 2023
After 18 years at Treyarch he has been working since August on a secret project/studio from LA. The other former Treyach/Deviation guys joined the unknown SIE studio June or July, so maybe when they started to set up the new SIE team (either in a new studio or inside Insomniac, ND or SSM) they not only got former Deviation staff, but also went to hire Treyarch staff who didn't work in Deviation:

x21HlRUqKN17.png
I really wonder where he went because my initial guess was a studio by Netease. But when the rumors about Blundell joining SIE I thought he might be at there too. But it have still two questions in my mind. If he wanted to work in another company why he didn't join Deviation Games at first? Secondly, wouldn't they announce if Van joins to SIE? It would be a massive hire.

Anyway. I wonder the future of CoD after these departures.

Aidendelaney95

9 Jul 2022
I really wonder where he went because my initial guess was a studio by Netease. But when the rumors about Blundell joining SIE I thought he might be at there too. But it have still two questions in my mind. If he wanted to work in another company why he didn't join Deviation Games at first? Secondly, wouldn't they announce if Van joins to SIE? It would be a massive hire.

Anyway. I wonder the future of CoD after these departures.
Might be a case of friction within the studio. Sony might have wanted to acquire Deviation (did the same with the others they partnered with, so why would they be any different?) but perhaps the two heads of Deviation fought over it (acquisition v independence) so Sony may have offered Jason money to head up his own studio internally with those who liked the idea of being acquired, whilst letting Deviation retain its independence. Could also explain the job cuts.

Reactions: Dabaus

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Might be a case of friction within the studio. Sony might have wanted to acquire Deviation (did the same with the others they partnered with, so why would they be any different?) but perhaps the two heads of Deviation fought over it (acquisition v independence) so Sony may have offered Jason money to head up his own studio internally with those who liked the idea of being acquired, whilst letting Deviation retain its independence. Could also explain the job cuts.
Yes, this is another likely possibility.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Let's see how this FPS turns out!

Whether it turns out great or not.

Sony needs to continue supporting these games and be patient.

COD Rome was not built in a day.

Imagine if Sony continued to support SOCOM, MAG and Warhawk they would not be in this predicament.

Let’s not forget Sony Online and Planetside/Everquest.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Whether it turns out great or not.

Sony needs to continue supporting these games and be patient.

COD Rome was not built in a day.

Imagine if Sony continued to support SOCOM, MAG and Warhawk they would not be in this predicament.

Let’s not forget Sony Online and Planetside/Everquest.
Sony at any point can remake Warhawk and it will sell gang busters, thts on them. Idk WTF they are doing.

It's crazy I still see a person on my list who plays Planetside everyday religiously.

Reactions: Muddasar

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Sony at any point can remake Warhawk and it will sell gang busters, thts on them. Idk WTF they are doing.

It's crazy I still see a person on my list who plays Plabetside everyday religiously.

Yep and Socom still has potential.

Planetside IP was sold by Sony when they sold SOE.

Everquest too.

Madness.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Yep and Socom still has potential.

Planetside IP was sold by Sony when they sold SOE.

Everquest too.

Madness.
Mag remade and beefed up with PS5 power would be a great sight to behold! And I know it would gather a following. I know ppl hate PC releases but games like this definitely should have a pc release if made. It would have a great following and generate tons of money if mtx was done right.

Reactions: Muddasar

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Mag remade and beefed up with PS5 power would be a great sight to behold! And I know it would gather a following. I know ppl hate PC releases but games like this definitely should have a pc release if made. It would have a great following and generate tons of money if mtx was done right.

Agree, all Sony Multiplayer Online games should release on PC.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
I think this is exactly what happened.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
The development was transferred to be handled by Crystal dynamics and the overseer is Initiative this is another example of how building a studio is difficult you just supported my argument
Lol Sony created SSM and their second game was GOW. Them and Respawn are the outliers that I can remember, of building a studio from scratch and have big immediate success.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Now I understand why Blundell and Sony said fuck that.

Kindergarten playground style events like these might have just gone extinct for whatever dev houses survive these next few years anyway. Glad to see it go. Such fantasyland bullshit and waste.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Kindergarten playground style events like these might have just gone extinct for whatever dev houses survive these next few years anyway. Glad to see it go. Such fantasyland bullshit and waste.
They look like a bunch of interns fresh out of college. You would never see devs from Rockstar or Naughty Dog do this.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Nobody jumps ship/leaves after 18 years without a compelling reason. Nobody.
Maybe they got tired of making CoD games, and someone else offers them a cooler project and more money/job promotion.

More ex-developers from Deviation Games.
I think there are already 8 of them. The theory of SIE building a new team with ex-Deviation staff maybe in a new studio or one of their already existing ones in LA starts to be more likely. Now we should see if it's to support Deviation with an additional (internal SIE) studio, of if the new team is to replace them as lead studio in the Deviation game or if it's to work in a separate game.

Last edited: