Sony president: PSN has 118M MAUs, half are on PS4. What does Sony need to do to bring them over to PS5?

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Last gen started so shit, why won't it just fucking die already.

That said, its not like the added power is actually giving us much of anything.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
So, 59 million is sold through. So VGChartz are completely lying when they say that they estimate 2 million or so in supply channels or unsold.

Disgrace of a site.
Come on u know vgchartz is garbage.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022

The PlayStation 5 has sold just over 59 million units since it launched in 2020, which is slightly less than PS4’s sales in the same timeframe, as it sold roughly 60 million consoles four years into its lifecycle. And from the sound of it, those PlayStation 5s only account for roughly half of PlayStation’s active online user base.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Hopefully Playstation put out a good show, showcasing there future pipeline. And a surprise hit or 2 this year.
You need to have a pipeline players can see so they know more is coming.

Plus alot of games that normally get old players to buy the newest Playstation were still Cross Platform. Games like GT7, GOW Ragnarok, Spiderman MM, Horizon 2. Having these cross playform gave some reason not to buy the PS5. 2nd hand copies also dont count in data, but alot of people buy 2nd hand.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Do you have Gamernyc on ignore? There are two threads on the same subject (PS2 classics and the MAU)
It's not the same topic. He talks about MAU and me about the fact that people didn't upgrade to PS5. PS2 classic was a report about Stars Wars coming to PS. The news he shared didn't specify about the emulator. Anyway this thread is to soley to discuss on the news, that many PS4 gamers didn't migrate, not the MAU. Eitherway you haven't read his threads, or else you wouldn't make a fuss. Stop bitching around, it's getting annoying dude. If you continue I will put you on ignore.

Last edited:
  • noneofmybizz
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Posted this in the other thread.

To get more PS4 owners to move over, Playstation need to put out a good show, showcasing there future pipeline. And a surprise hit or 2 this year.
You need to have a pipeline of games, so players can see to know more is coming.

Plus alot of games that normally get old players to buy the newest Playstation were still Cross Platform. Games like GT7, GOW Ragnarok, Spiderman MM, Horizon 2. Having these cross playform gave some reason not to buy the PS5. 2nd hand copies also dont count in data, but alot of people buy 2nd hand.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Speak for yourself.
PS4 had good games but it failed to compete with top of the line computers on release and only got worse from there. And worse, the Xbox was even more hobbled than it and has held back third party development to this day. Its the first generation that gave us absolutely nothing that wasn't possible on the one that came before it (and the PS360 version of GTA V is bigger, prettier and does more than like 90 percent of games released on PS4/XBO, too.)

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Don't worry it's not the same topic. The thread mentioned talks about generally the Maimus and that half of the MAUs are on PS4. I created this thread to talk why PS4 users didn't migrate.
I say the reasons I gave above then