Sony Q1 FY2022 Results (2.4m PS5,

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
It helps Xbox stay afloat. Which is all that matters to a crazy Xbox fanboy - as it should.

Not sure why folks give Bernd, Adamnapple and others the light of day... the dude is clearly luring for the no fucks given jiggles. Enjoys it. Matter of fact, many have opened accounts here with that sole purpose alone. I guess the need for "the other" will always override common sense. There is no first place, without a second place or a third place, no good without evil... how would define it then? The human condition.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Profit down 37%

jim-ryan-laughing.gif

How is this money sink division profitable, Sony would be better off turning into a third party publisher.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: ManPhlaps

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Absolute disaster.

PC ports are killing PlayStation

Steam prices at launch for the same games are 20 euro lower.
I am NOT gonna buy F1 2022 for 80 when a person on PC gets it for 60.

THAT is why 3rd party software is down. Poor strategy... massive hubris and taking customers for granted.

PSPlus subs down on top of everything is just insane.

So basically nothing good.

Ironically the only thing that is making the numbers look in any way good is the hardware, which Ryan downplayed the importance of before..... and he is actively working to undermine and cut the legs out of the hardware with his shitty strategy.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: ksdixon and Umar

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
jim-ryan-laughing.gif

How is this money sink division profitable, Sony would be better off turning into a third party publisher.

That's what you wish....

Most of their money comes from 3rd party sales and MTX, so what your asking them to do is close down all their profit making areas so you can get some great exclusives that make no money cause they are so expensive to make...... think about it.

Reactions: nominedomine

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Absolute disaster.

THAT is why 3rd party software is down. Poor strategy... massive hubris and taking customers for granted.

PSPlus subs down on top of everything is just insane.

So basically nothing good.

Ironically the only thing that is making the numbers look in any way good is the hardware, which Ryan downplayed the importance of before..... and he is actively working to undermine and cut the legs out of the hardware with his shitty strategy.

There are a lot of factors that are against all game companies this past year. Specific to sony is stock, games in later quarter, and recession for UK/US and a lot parts of Europe is big factor.

More people have wallets getting tighter.

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
I am NOT gonna buy F1 2022 for 80 when a person on PC gets it for a fitgirl repack.

Fixed.

Recession has more to do with it, the West in general is imploding (the official figures fall way short of the real pain), you know that.

BTW I sent you a dm on psn. Let me know the answer when you get the chance.

• haha
Reactions: Bryank75
D

Deleted member 13

Absolute disaster.

Nah. Where is the proof that people are buying a PC instead of a PS for 'old' games like HZD and GoW (2018)? The games have just come out to the forefront.

Agree there.

Reactions: Bryank75

MScarpa

28 Jul 2022
Seems like the PS+ changes killed game sales, I at least haven't bought anything since then. That's what they get for copying Xbox business model.

Not great but way better than the competition regardless, Sony isn't ashamed to share hardware units and profit numbers.

They really need to move past this supply problems, it's holding back this gen for way too long.

79% digital? :sick: What is wrong with you guys?

Digital is the future. For better or worse.

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Yeah, Microsoft is very ashamed of Azure profits (estimate: 20+ billion a year), makes total sense.
So you compare PlayStation division profit with Azure profit?
C'mon man.

I wonder why Xbox fans always try to change the subject to MS as whole or other profitable divisions on MS when talks about Gaming PlayStation profits lol

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Yeah, I'm looking at it, and it says that profits went down 37%.

That's abysmal no matter how anyone tries to spin it.
$400 million profit for Game alone.

The decrease of profit compared with last year has the reasons:
  • No key first or third-party release (last year had R&C, Returnal, RE Village, Genshin Impact, etc).
  • Investment in first-party development.
  • Expenses with new studio/publishers acquisitions.
Ohhhh and a hint they already forecast big expenses with Bungie acquisition for whole FY2022.

No matter how you spin it.

Reactions: Hezekiah

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Great time to have a showcase and get people hype again for gaming.

There are still ps5’s available on the ps store. This is the longest they’ve ever been available. And 1st party software sales is pretty terrible, that means horizon and gt7 didnt even do 7 mil combined in sales. -edit- i forget this is April-June

This kind of proves that sony can’t really “just sit back” for the year because they are still selling consoles like people are saying. They gotta show us the future of ps5 already

Yep, there is no sit back in this industry. They need to more and mor. A proper E3 type show would be good right now

Reactions: Deleted member 13

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
If you read the report you posted in the OP, they mention exactly the reasons, studio acquisition is not a factor.

1tsjyo.png

Sony's massive drop in profits is the bigger parody

jim-ryan-laughing.gif
Sure, because you're purposefully ignoring they spent money in investments and that's the main reason why they have less profit than last year...
But go on and keep making a fool of yourself pretending you know how this works.

• haha
Reactions: Deleted member 13

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
There are a lot of factors that are against all game companies this past year. Specific to sony is stock, games in later quarter, and recession for UK/US and a lot parts of Europe is big factor.

More people have wallets getting tighter.

Well, raising game prices to 80 euro across europe and whatever crazy price it is in Australia wasn't a good idea with a recession coming in and such crazy inflation and fuel prices.

Reactions: Papacheeks
Status
Not open for further replies.