Sony rumored to have 'locked down marketing rights' to GTA 6 on the PS5 and PS5 Pro

YeezyDude

17 Jun 2024
Denmark
I have absolutely no doubts on this.
Exactly... Which makes sense and I can't wait to see how it'll run on the PS5 Pro! (y)

Also since it's okay-ish to quote RGT as a source then so might I as well quote what he said about what the developers told him about the PS5 Pro GPU in the PS5 Pro thread then as it's actually as good as or close to a AMD 7800 XT GPU and not a AMD 7700 XT GPU! 👀

Last edited:
  • Shake
Reactions: Bryank75 and Puff

Summer Nightmares

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2023
Me on my way to work:

Love is a long, looooong roaaaaad
Sing Season 20 GIF by The Voice

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Exactly... Which makes sense and I can't wait to see how it'll run on the PS5 Pro! (y)

Also since it's okay-ish to quote RGT as a source then so might I as well quote what he said about what the developers told him about the PS5 Pro GPU in the PS5 Pro thread then as it's actually as good as or close to a 7800 XT and not 7700 XT! 👀
Maybe in CU count, but I think it will be much better than 7800XT because RT performance is supposedly 4X, new architecture, and advanced upscaling PSSR.
Also, this guy is a complete BS.

YeezyDude

17 Jun 2024
Denmark
Maybe in CU count, but I think it will be much better than 7800XT because RT performance is supposedly 4X, new architecture, and advanced upscaling PSSR.
Also, this guy is a complete BS.
I hope so as I am really excited about the PS5 Pro... I really can't wait until Sony finally reveals the console and its specifications next week or during this month at least... Anyway I don't imagine the wait been very long if this console is hopefully still coming this holiday season! 👀

31 Aug 2024
Even though ColtEastwood isn't really much of reliable source It does kind of make sense for Sony to pay for GTA 6 marketing rights after losing COD marketing rights

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Sony is very lucky that they have GTA 6 to make up for the losses both in brand perception and sales, This shit going to do 10 million in 2 days alone on PS5

Reactions: Dabaus and Luffy123

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I mean thats been the deal since The Agent got cancelled I thought

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Sony started their PS5 hardware unveiling show in 2020 with a video of GTA V for PS5. I would see GTA VI being a lock.

However, if there is no special marketing by Sony or if Sony don't have any timed exclusivity on it, we now know this could be a secret deal for no additional benefit. Those crafty fuckers.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko

Dr. E99

1 Sep 2024
Honestly, I'm not sure Xbox will even be a platform any more by the time GTA 6 comes out.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
GTA6 is not releasing this year, will be released in 2025. So its marketing campaign wouldn't align with the PS5 Pro because their releases are too distant.

And if Sony signed a GTA6 deal won't be for PS5 Pro only, would be for PS in general. In the PS5 announcement speech when Jim Ryan did talk about their GTAV deal mentioned that the partership wasn't limited to this, meaning that pretty likely back then they already had something signed about GTA6. Which is fair to assume it's the marketing deal.