Sony should try to save Ready At Dawn from closure and purchase Crash + Spyro IPs

24 Jun 2022
Sony has enough problems trying to salvage bungie and firewalk after the inevitable concord flop. They should acquire arrowhead, invest like a billion in Square enix, and maybe acquire more of from soft/kadowkawa and theyd be set. Xbox is irrelevant in the market now as is.

The only things I think Square-Enix could realistically do for Sony now that'd result in some exclusive games for PlayStation are Vagrant Story (remake), Xenogears (remake), and Einhander (sequel). Also maybe Ergheiz, or co-developing a more story-driven JRPG campaign mode for a Gran Turismo game. Final Fantasy exclusivity is probably dead going forward (if it's PC Day 1 that's the same as not being exclusive), Dragon Quest is going to be at least PS & Nintendo Day 1 fare, the smaller games also come to Nintendo and some even to Xbox, etc.

With those prospects I don't think Square-Enix would be worth $1 billion in investments, not unless they had big transmedia plans for stuff like FF and DQ; the former in particular also seeing some creative transformations that massively expand the selling potential of mainline titles in the series. Otherwise I'd say $100-$250 million tops is a more realistic investment into S-E.

The rest of that money could be spent on 2P deals with a bunch of other devs & pubs for various AA titles and maybe a couple AAA titles between new and legacy IP, with SIE studios having smaller team to help in co-development.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Square enix can’t save themselves how s sony going to save them.

SE don’t have one IP thats more popular than horizon.

• haha
Reactions: Airbus

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Square enix can’t save themselves how s sony going to save them.

SE don’t have one IP thats more popular than horizon.
This has to be a really shitty take and very bad opinion

The ff16, ff7remake, rebirth, dragon quest, kingdom hearts not to mention other square enix published game like tomb raider etc has been carrying playstation for the last few years

I mean i understand youre a gen z gamer coming up with that opinion but final fantasy alone has a much bigger legacy and brand recognition compared to horizon

Last edited:

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
This has to be a really shitty take and very bad opinion

The ff16, ff7remake, rebirth, dragon quest, kingdom hearts not to mention other square enix published game like tomb raider etc has been carrying playstation for the last few years

I mean i understand youre a gen z gamer coming up with that opinion but final fantasy alone has a much bigger legacy and brand recognition compared to horizon

It doesn’t matter what you say, none of those games sell 8 million copies in a year and some not even lifetime

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
It doesn’t matter what you say, none of those games sell 8 million copies in a year and some not even lifetime
Cmon man you do better than this

FF15 and 7 exceed 8 million ( i admit i dont know 16 numbers )

Anyway enough with shitting square enix

I dont want to do it here

Square Enix has been allies to playstation for years

Last edited:

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
FF15 and 7 exceed 8 million

Proof? And proof they did it as fast as Forbidden West?

So. You guys have no problem with “keeping it real” and “sticking it to playstation” but can’t be real about how SE’s games are not nearly as popular as even Sony’s b-tier franchises?

Also funny how i don't see 10 threads about how badly Visions of Mana is about to bomb

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022

So. You guys have no problem with “keeping it real” and “sticking it to playstation” but can’t be real about how SE’s games are not nearly as popular as even Sony’s b-tier franchises?

Also funny how i don't see 10 threads about how badly Visions of Mana is about to bomb

That's my weekend sorted.

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022

Just google search man

Im too tired arguing whatever you believe have fun