Sony: Totoki was refering to Bungie, not all PlayStation Studios in quote from financials

gokuss4

28 Jan 2023
The Ai bots new nertives is to push for sony & Nintendo to go third-party lol
They tried so hard with gamepass and failed miserably 🤣🤣🤣
I also think MS are done with their former shills on twitter timdog crapgamer ect
They wil hire or I should say they already hired a new wave of shills to push the sony&Nintendo third party stuff

Last edited:

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Good, fuck Bungie. Sony should pressure Bungie to be less toxic and threat their players with respect.

Reactions: Luffy123

BloodMod

Fear the Old Blood
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
We can also ask Takashi Mochizuki the same question. Sony should take tougher action against

I believe I already mentioned this before. If we ever started banning malicious and generally unreliable sources, this gentleman probably would be among the first.

The one thing holding us back is that banning sources is, in principle, a slippery slope.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Hes 100 percent correct about Bungie. They were bought in early 2022 and have released ONE expansion.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
I believe I already mentioned this before. If we ever started banning malicious and generally unreliable sources, this gentleman probably would be among the first.

The one thing holding us back is that banning sources is, in principle, a slippery slope.
We just need a 'community notes' type feature that details a source's many lies.

• brain
Reactions: BloodMod

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Hes 100 percent correct about Bungie. They were bought in early 2022 and have released ONE expansion.
Maybe they helped Helldivers become the huge success it is. We don't know the backend and the systems they used (not the servers lol). Even the shooting is very good.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Maybe they helped Helldivers become the huge success it is. We don't know the backend and the systems they used (not the servers lol). Even the shooting is very good.
They probably didn't at all based on how Helldivers is monetized in a non aggressive manner.

J

Joey Ravn

Xbots now: "No, well, you see, we were saying "Sony 2", not "#SonyToo", like in the sequel to Sony! Anyway, GAME PASS, AM I RITE!?"

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
They didn't do shit for helldivers. Maybe help with monetisation but that's about it

• sad

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
They probably didn't at all based on how Helldivers is monetized in a non aggressive manner.
They can still help for leveling system, gameplay stuff (shooting, animations), sound effects and skybox. This is all Bungie trademark and it's in Helldivers.

Would that be in the credits? Nobody checked?

Wraith Phantom

22 Jun 2022
This what happens with interim clowns. Thats just a bean counter. He should of shut his mouth. Instead of interject with his personal opinions on gaming matters. Stop talking you bean counter.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
This what happens with interim clowns. Thats just a bean counter. He should of shut his mouth. Instead of interject with his personal opinions on gaming matters. Stop talking you bean counter.
I don't think he said anything bad for gaming. Playstation had a soft year in 2023 which would've been dire (on exclusives) without Spiderman. 2024 we already know there's no major franchise game coming. So 2 off years in the prime of PS5's life isn't great. Last of Us online cancellation further indicates dysfunction. If this guy can get the PS studios back to a consistent release cadence, I'll salute him.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
He is also the boss of whoever comes next anyway. All the top people at Sony are bean counters.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

what if I used KidSmoove as a source

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
This is commentary on Final Shape and Marathon both being pushed back 6 months. Missing projections for this last year aside, delaying products also hurts the following year without anything to sell. Marathon was planned for this year.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
This is commentary on Final Shape and Marathon both being pushed back 6 months. Missing projections for this last year aside, delaying products also hurts the following year without anything to sell. Marathon was planned for this year.
Plus there's reporting that Bungie could be brought fully under Playstation ownership if they don't meet certain conditions. My guess is Totoki would like to exercise that authority, and is putting them on notice publicly.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Plus there's reporting that Bungie could be brought fully under Playstation ownership if they don't meet certain conditions. My guess is Totoki would like to exercise that authority, and is putting them on notice publicly.

It is believed that Bungie internally delayed both Destiny and Marathon product launches and not Sony.

Reading his actual comments is more encouraging than most would spin. Bungie requires better oversight on its spending and there’s resources at Sony worth leveraging to cut costs further.

I also appreciate the clash over release dates. Bungie delayed these products for quality and are taking bigger risks to do this… like not bringing in the money you promised for that year. It’s a big deal to value your work than just rushing to release.

Both Final Shape and Marathon were planned for 2024. With Marathon likely pushed out of the year… that’s half of what Bungie promised for 2024 alone. Keep in mind TFS would’ve launched for the prior financial period in feb as well and marathon the next in summer. Bungie fucked their projections bad lol.

Bonus commentary from aztecross

• Informative