Sony will start disclosing software sales outside of PS5, including sales on PC & Sony stopped disclosing PS Plus numbers

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
there is no PS5 Pro and a change in direction, as well as many more announcements I'm out when my PS+ sub expires next year. I'm not going to support them if they threat me like a second class citizen.

Happy Chris Pratt GIF by Parks and Recreation

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Either remove my warning for "promoting piracy", makes no sense since I'm one the most anti-piracy users here or delete my account.

Pretty obvious how moderation in here turns against you if you have any criticism towards PlayStation. Bye.

Last edited:

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
While I believe it is bad move I can understand why they are hiding PS+ subs.
The Extra and Premium conversion are probably way lower than what they expected while most players are good enough with PS+.

And to be fair I like that… I don’t like a gaming world where subscription wins over tradicional gaming development because it will probably make games gone down in quality, scope and size (most cases will love to episodic releases).

So Extra and Premium not getting traction makes me very happy and make me thing that the gaming industry is still in the right path.
Numbers say the opposite. Either there are more subscribers or more people are converting from essentials to extra, and more likely, premium.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Numbers say the opposite. Either there are more subscribers or more people are converting from essentials to extra, and more likely, premium.
There is no number 🤷‍♂️

What you see is that Network Services revenue is basically flat and that can means anything because Network Service is not just PS+ subscriptions.

• haha
Reactions: Cool hand luke

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
"Network Services includes network services relating to game, video and music content;"
No, actually.

"Network Services is revenue recognized through the PlayStation™Network of PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Now* and advertising revenue.
This does not include Game Software revenue.
*PlayStation™Now has been integrated into the new PlayStation®Plus service during Q1 FY22, and no longer exists as an independent service."

• Informative
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
And it's up 5% quarter on quarter and closer to 25% year on year, so you're wrong on that count too.

How would you like to concede? By not posting again or ignoring this and spreading lies elsewhere?

• fire

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
No, actually.

"Network Services is revenue recognized through the PlayStation™Network of PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Now* and advertising revenue.
*PlayStation™Now has been integrated into the new PlayStation®Plus service during Q1 FY22, and no longer exists as an independent service."
Sony themselves says it is everyting related to game, video and music content inside the G&NS.

You can see here:

Page F-10.

In the G&NS segment, Digital Software and Add-on Content includes distribution of software titles and add-on content throughthe network; Network Services includes network services relating to game, video and music content; Hardware and Others includeshome gaming consoles, packaged software, game software sold bundled with home gaming consoles, peripheral devices and first-partysoftware for third-party platforms.

In any case your own description already includes more than just PS+.
And they are flat compared with last quarter unless you take differences of 1% as grow.

• haha

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Sony themselves says it is everyting related to game, video and music content.

You can see here:

Page F-10.

In any case your own description already includes more than just PS+.
And they are flat compared with last quarter.
You have chosen "ignore".

Ok, the definition of network services that I provided you comes from Sony's supplemental information. See it here:

The only other thing it includes is advertising. Do you think advertising is driving revenue growth of 25% year on year?

• haha
Reactions: ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
You have chosen "ignore".

Ok, the definition of network services that I provided you comes from Sony's supplemental information. See it here:

The only other thing it includes is advertising. Do you think advertising is driving revenue growth of 25% year on year?
It is not just advertising... there is more like Sony themselves says.

BTW you are looking the wrong way... you say there is a 25% year on year grow (it is 16% yoy grow btw) but that didn't happen in the year on year.
It happened because in last year PS+ Extra and Premium were launched... so the grow happened imediatelly.

Q1 FY22: 106k
Q2 FY22: 117k (+10%)
Q3 FY22: 122k
Q4 FY22: 118k
Q1 FY23: 124k (+5%)

Q1 FY22 > Q1 FY23 = 16% grow (not 25%).

It is variating around 117-124k... looks more stable than exactly showing grow outside when PS+ Extra/Premium launched.

• haha

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
It is not just advertising... there is more like Sony themselves says.
Sony says:

• haha

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
You you just read one doc lol
Read more.

image-2023-08-09-163829444.png

If you can't understand that Network Services includes way more things thanyou believe then nobody can helps you... neither Sony.
X Factor Omg GIF by X Factor Global

You just read one doc. Read the actual supplemental information that spells out exactly what network services are.

Sorry another super lol. Your definition says "network services includes network services". Maybe try a definition that doesn't include the word being defined.

• haha

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Either remove my warning for "promoting piracy", makes no sense since I'm one the most anti-piracy users here or delete my account.

Pretty obvious how moderation in here turns against you if you have any criticism towards PlayStation. Bye.
Well you said PC was the best platform because payment is optional. 😛

Pretty easy to see how that can be interpreted as being in favor of piracy. Just fix the statement if you’re actually against it. 🤷‍♂️

BTW you can criticize playstation all you want. Haven’t you ever seen some of the things @Bryank75 the head honcho says? 😅

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

Stop being so Melodramatic ffs, and get your arse back here, you pirate.

Sheila Canning Laughing GIF by Neighbours (Official TV Show account)

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Well you said PC was the best platform because payment is optional. 😛

Pretty easy to see how that can be interpreted as being in favor of piracy. Just fix the statement if you’re actually against it. 🤷‍♂️

BTW you can criticize playstation all you want. Haven’t you ever seen some of the things @Bryank75 the head honcho says? 😅
To be honest it looked like he was just joking.

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Stop being so Melodramatic ffs, and get your arse back here, you pirate.

Sheila Canning Laughing GIF by Neighbours (Official TV Show account)
Yuh huh huh
By the way I heard that pirating in North America/Europe only caused the ISP to cut your Internet right.

Because in my country, pirating would get you arrested.

• Surprised