Sony won't be at Gamescom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
More likely than not better than you would. PS4 was the overall turnaround for first party output for their consoles.
Wrong. You couldn't make it more clear that you don't know what you were talking about.

The PS4 was the result of the turnaround that happened during the PS3 days. Sony closed about 5 studio leading into the PS4 release and during it's early days and franchises like Uncharted and The Last of Us were the face of their console.

Reactions: Danja1187

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
And you’re still getting naughty dog games. What are you complaining about?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
And you’re still getting naughty dog games. What are you complaining about?
Am I? When? All I got was a very unnecessary remake and a TV show.

Not even a TLoU Part II Director's Cut... just the promise of a Factions games that is never even shown.

Absolutely nothing related to how Uncharted is going to be handled as well.

Where will another Ico, Shadow of the Colossus or Bloodborne come from?

Horizon and Marvel games were not why I looked forward to upcoming Sony games. These are not GoTY class games.

FFXVI and FFVII Rebirth look awesome but that's all SE.

Last edited:
Reactions: Puff

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Am I? When? All I got was a very unnecessary remake and a TV show.

Not even a TLoU Part II Director's Cut... just the promise of a Factions games that is never even shown.

What has become of factions isn’t ready to be shown.

In fact you could be more interested that it’s being most likely being refitted into a one and done boxed game which serves players that hate online games better.

Or do you not want them to put more time into their bread and butter single player narrative driven games and focus their entire studio on one online game. Should they put that workforce back on factions??

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
What has become of factions isn’t ready to be shown.

In fact you could be more interested that it’s being most likely being refitted into a one and done boxed game which serves players that hate online games better.

Or do you not want them to put more time into their bread and butter single player narrative driven games and focus their entire studio on one online game. Should they put that workforce back on factions??
Refined by Bungie? A studio that never made a game I liked in 20 years? No thanks.

When do you think you are getting the next ND single player game? If they can't even get Factions out we are probably looking at 2026/2027 here. It not my job to have blind faith in Sony, it's their job to inspire confidence that the games are coming and right now it ain't looking good.

"The games are coming trust me bro", I might as well buy an Xbox if I start believing in that. You better pray that Xbox has an all time shit show too because even more people will run out of patience and good will with Sony like me.

Last edited:

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Where does another Bloodborne come from? I dunno what’s Dark Souls 3, Sekiro, friggin Elden Ring?

Oh it doesn’t have Sony’s name on it… my bad.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Refined by Bungie? A studio that never made a game I liked in 20 years? No thanks.

When do you think you are getting the next ND single player game? If they can't even get Factions out we are probably looking at 2026/2027 here. It not my job to have blind faith in Sony, it's their job to inspire confidence that the games are coming and right now it ain't looking good.

"The games are coming trust me bro", I might as well buy an Xbox if I start believing in that.

And I have never liked a naughty dog game ever. So LOLs?

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Again, shows how much you know.

I know plenty. It’s just fun seeing you’re unaware of your own biases. Everyone has theirs and that’s fine. That’s why variety is necessary.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I know plenty. It’s just fun seeing you’re unaware of your own biases. Everyone has theirs and that’s fine. That’s why variety is necessary.
I don't give a shit about games I don't like, why would I? If Sony stops making the games I want to play they might as well not exist anymore as far as I'm concerned.

Disbistayds1

5 Jun 2023
I don't give a shit about games I don't like, why would I? If Sony stops making the games I want to play they might as well not exist anymore as far as I'm concerned.
You’re an idiot. Just be quiet already. We get it you love doom and glooming PlayStation. Please go outside for a minute. Talk to a real person. You will realize that you’re like the 0.01% that acts like this in gaming. No one cares about your opinion on PlayStation. No one but a small minority didn’t like the PlayStation showcase. No one but xbots and delusional weirdos like you are doom and glooming PlayStation.

Why can’t nobody just call this mf out like it is.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022

I don’t see where new ventures replaces existing successes. You’re getting more of what’s worked for Sony.

And they’re clearly approaching the live service carefully too. They should. There’s too much risk.

The doom is outrageous when their actual business has been pretty solid.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I don’t see where new ventures replaces existing successes. You’re getting more of what’s worked for Sony.

And they’re clearly approaching the live service carefully too. They should. There’s too much risk.

The doom is outrageous when their actual business has been pretty solid.
I'm getting less from now on. Even less investment on the games I like going by information Sony themselves made public. They invest less now on traditional games than they did 4 years ago.

I'm tired of explaining it, it's pretty obvious what it happening and the lack of upcoming internal single player games is not a mystery anymore.

Why should I care about Sony's business health if they are leveraging that success to fund GaaS? What do I get if Sony "wins" by making a bunch of game I dislike and becoming just another Microsoft? Are you mistaking me for some sort of fanboy that cares more about Sony succeeding than them making good games?

Last edited: