Sony’s Hiroki Totoki: “Prioritising Intellectual Property”

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
Seems they made the right call. Their stock have been jumping since they made this announcement.
Hiroki knows sony have some of the best content creators in all of entertainment and the best thing to do is triple down on that vs competing with amazon, google, microsoft for 3rd party content depriving their internal talent of that money, live service or otherwise. MS cant buy the next cod if its from sie.
Make your own shit.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Seems they made the right call. Their stock have been jumping since they made this announcement.
Hiroki knows sony have some of the best content creators in all of entertainment and the best thing to do is triple down on that vs competing with amazon, google, microsoft for 3rd party content depriving their internal talent of that money, live service or otherwise. MS cant buy the next cod if its from sie.
Make your own shit.
It's not that easy. If it was that simple, Sony would have done it a decade ago. Even Halo never got to where COD is.

You're also dealing with a casual market that won't really abandon what they know to go play something that's trying to be that same thing.

Established IPs have a HUGE pull. Breaking off from it is almost impossible.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I mean sing star and eye toy did well in europe and Australia
Yes, Eyetoy and Singstar were a huge success in PAL territories.

Sadly back then Sony Computer Entertainment Europe, SCEA and SCEJ were too busy competing against each other and didn't support these games in America or Asia.

daniel5043

Veteran
19 Jan 2023
Yes, Eyetoy and Singstar were a huge success in PAL territories.

Sadly back then Sony Computer Entertainment Europe, SCEA and SCEJ were too busy competing against each other and didn't support these games in America or Asia.
I think they also did OK in Japan but not amazing. In America I think anything like that just wasn't gonna catch on with there gaming culture at the time