Sony's profit growth will be driven by Playstation | The segment invests in M&A and strategic partnerships

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Corporate Report 2024
zaKP9pu.png

9VwQb4v.png

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
It's why I think it's clear that they'll launch a handheld and a PC launcher.

They layperson thinks these things have to take over on day one, but the reality is that it's about sustained growth and profitability.
they should, cause currently the only thing they're doing with these PC ports is devaluing their console and giving less reasons for people to purchase a playstation handheld, their own studios are promoting Steam Deck, it's disgusting

Impulse

21 Apr 2023
they should, cause currently the only thing they're doing with these PC ports is devaluing their console and giving less reasons for people to purchase a playstation handheld, their own studios are promoting Steam Deck, it's disgusting
I have a piece in the works that will tackle this question.

Short answer: Everyone who is addressable in the market has largely chosen where they game. You can either reach them where they are, or you will lose out on a software sale.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
No! I knew it that Hermen Hulst was a bad omen. He will truly destroy the brand PlayStation. This imbecile will drag PlayStation into the Abyss. Sony does better get rid of Hermen Hulst, unless they want to face the same fate as Xbox. If PlayStation dies, so does Sony.
This is their bread and butter.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
I have a piece in the works that will tackle this question.

Short answer: Everyone who is addressable in the market has largely chosen where they game. You can either reach them where they are, or you will lose out on a software sale.
Well then those chuckle-fucks should miss out. Why should they get access to Sony's games without Sony's machine? The PC players don't even buy/play the games in comparison to their console version sales (see GOWR on pc vs ps sales). Get out of here with that absolute nonsence.

If they actually wanted to play that game enough, they'd get the console for them. If the games were only available on the console(s), they'd have no other option. Instead, Sony is coming to them, losing 30% to Valve in the process, and taking-on all the extra workload of porting to pc, and the bs and heartache that comes from doing so.

If everything they put towards PC was instead put towards a ''PS5 handheld'', or a PS4 handheld a few years ago, at least things would still be within the PS ecosystem and not working-against their console profit margins. It's just all ass backwards.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Well then those chuckle-fucks should miss out. Why should they get access to Sony's games without Sony's machine? The PC players don't even buy/play the games in comparison to their console version sales (see GOWR on pc vs ps sales). Get out of here with that absolute nonsence.

If they actually wanted to play that game enough, they'd get the console for them. If the games were only available on the console(s), they'd have no other option. Instead, Sony is coming to them, losing 30% to Valve in the process, and taking-on all the extra workload of porting to pc, and the bs and heartache that comes from doing so.

If everything they put towards PC was instead put towards a ''PS5 handheld'', or a PS4 handheld a few years ago, at least things would still be within the PS ecosystem and not working-against their console profit margins. It's just all ass backwards.

And why does that bother you? Do you own stocks?

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
No! I knew it that Hermen Hulst was a bad omen. He will truly destroy the brand PlayStation. This imbecile will drag PlayStation into the Abyss. Sony does better get rid of Hermen Hulst, unless they want to face the same fate as Xbox. If PlayStation dies, so does Sony.
This is their bread and butter.

oh... they'll lose way more than what they already lost in the last 4 years of this mess

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
And why does that bother you? Do you own stocks?
It's bad business. When Sony turn around and want people to buy a PS6, PS6 handheld, PSVR3 or something, people will point to little-supported hardware that stalled-out. They will point-to the various price raises; the fact they can buy a game cheaper just normally as a matter of course on Steam (never mind a sale also usually being active, or not having to pay an online paywall on Steam).

Sony making all the stupid bum-ass decisions now, that will lead them to have actual issues later-on. Monetarily. Not just loud actual PS fans eating bans and being told they're concern-trolling, or being condensed to one thread so other members don't get their feelings hurt.

Sega didn't die because the DreamCast sucked, it died because they eroded customer confidence/loyalty over the course of the CD/32/Saturn life cycles.

Men_in_Boxes

Veteran
18 Aug 2024
The PC and GAAS focus is common sense.

The DEI focus, I hope, is more lip service than anything else. Though I suspect we'll get more girl bosses out of first party over the coming years.