Sony's profit growth will be driven by Playstation | The segment invests in M&A and strategic partnerships

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Also Epic Games is probably Valve's biggest competitor: They have Fortnite, Fall Guys, Rocket League, all Mihoyo games as "exclusives" to their storefront, and they also compete with Steam for 3rd party spend ala Xbox and PS.
Steam is by far the biggest player in PC, but there are many outside it like those you mention, or Riot. Plus some Asian focused ones.

I remember that during a decade or so the top 1 of the top grossing PC game ranking was frequently changing between LoL and Dungeon Fighter Online, when none of them were on Steam.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Market cap means jack shit, Sony can't be bought. Also these BS 1-3T dollars balloons have nothing to do with actual money made/money on hand.

That's not accurate. The market cap is the total value of a publicly traded company's outstanding common shares owned by stockholders. Market capitalization is equal to the market price per common share multiplied by the number of common shares outstanding. Through stock exchange a company grows and becomes able to spend huge sums.

20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
That's not accurate. The market cap is the total value of a publicly traded company's outstanding common shares owned by stockholders. Market capitalization is equal to the market price per common share multiplied by the number of common shares outstanding. Through stock exchange a company grows and becomes able to spend huge sums.

That's true, but Sony isn't having the whole company in the stock market compared to US companies, so it's not really that important outside having more investors and loans.

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
Games with the kinda of AAA quality Sony likes to have take a very long time to make so they port older games to PC for extra profit while waiting on their PlayStation exclusives to cook. As a businessman I understand. As a gamer I hate it because of list wars lol. As a businessman I also understand every move Microsoft makes is for their stock price, I absolutely hate Microsoft's products and services, however Microsoft has made me a lot of money in my 401k. Sony for my entertainment, Microsoft for my stability. I'm loving how xbots are crying because Xbox is dying but at the same time Microsoft is increasing my wealth 🤣.

All Might

10 Jul 2024
With how much PS has gone woke, I seriously doubt much growth will come. Sony will go bankrupt before understanding that they are sinking themselves with their DEI pitch.

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Yes they will loose significant growth if PlayStation as division ends. Sony is financing huge parts of their other corporations sectors through the success of PlayStation. Oh boy if PlayStation is gone, Sony's capability of spending will drastically decrease. Also say goodbye to their market cap if PlayStation is dead.
Well, absolutely nothing leads to think that PS will die.

PlayStation/SIE is growing in userbase, revenue and profit. Plus have most metrics on all time high record numbers and in a multi year growing patter.

Reactions: Bo_Hazem