Sony’s stock value drop by about $10b after lowering PS5’s sales forecast for the fiscal year, analysts question near decade-low profit margin

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
It's not one, it's multiple vetted sources, multiple animators reached out to them after their Wish review mentioned how mediocre it was. What happened at Disney was nasty, really nasty and no wonder things are going badly for them.

They are actually doing a series of reports based on their testimonies, check it out.
Yes, I'm sure it was. Send me those sources over private message please. Meanwhile, I'll try and find information about what is definitely going to be the single biggest lawsuit in US employment law history.

ForzaJuve

23 Oct 2023
Yes, I'm sure it was. Send me those sources over private message please. Meanwhile, I'll try and find information about what is definitely going to be the single biggest lawsuit in US employment law history.

Man, you know Disney is literally getting sued right now over their DEI policies, right? Like, it was just announced.

You are really misinformed.

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
Man, you know Disney is literally getting sued right now over their DEI policies, right? Like, it was just announced.

You are really misinformed.
Yes, I am sure I am. I'm waiting for that private message with the sources, since I really don't want to entertain this conversation in public. And of course, it's all unbiased shit! AFL is very credible for starters 😂

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Why set goofy goals & targets. Bean counters are just idiots. Stop looking for more money. Focus on actuall selling your products
the whole point is to get multiples more beans out than you put in. selling products alone doesn't tell the story. just think about how many copies of Skull and Bones need to sell to make a profit after 8 years in development.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
the whole point is to get multiples more beans out than you put in. selling products alone doesn't tell the story. just think about how many copies of Skull and Bones need to sell to make a profit after 8 years in development.
Skulls is going to do badly and they should have for saw that.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
their profits were all time high back when they used to make Only On PlayStation a thing, since they started porting games to PC in order to make MORE money, they've been dropping in profit, the only thing they're doing by porting singleplayer games to PC is making Steam an even stronger competitor 🫠
I believe 2020 was their most profitable year ever and that is when Horizon Zero Dawn PC happened

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I believe 2020 was their most profitable year ever and that is when Horizon Zero Dawn PC happened
I mean I know your not saying that 2 million PC sales coincidentally that year allowed them to be the most profitable lol that is nothing in the grand scheme of things. They just happened to be more profitable that year, not because of those miniscule PC sales.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
I mean I know your not saying that 2 million PC sales coincidentally that year allowed them to be the most profitable lol that is nothing in the grand scheme of things. They just happened to be more profitable that year, not because of those miniscule PC sales.
it didn't even sell 2m in its first year 😂 it was like 500k. It had more to do with the plandemic, but even 2019 and 2018 were really good years for PS.

• they're_right_you_know

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
Nothing to do with the fact that people were home due to covid + TLOU II and GoT releasing pretty much at the same time. Absolutely nothing, it's all due to a PC port that probably made 30M at best.

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022

it didn't even sell 2m in its first year 😂 it was like 500k. It had more to do with the plandemic, but even 2019 and 2018 were really good years for PS.

Nothing to do with the fact that people were home due to covid + TLOU II and GoT releasing pretty much at the same time. Absolutely nothing, it's all due to a PC port that probably made 30M at best.

Those are great reasons for Sony's high profit in 2020, now tell that to the guy whos aid Sony's profit's were at an all time high when PlayStation games were only on PlayStation and not PC which is not true at all. remember Sony's first PC game was Helldivers all the way back in 2015

their profits were all time high back when they used to make Only On PlayStation a thing, since they started porting games to PC in order to make MORE money, they've been dropping in profit, the only thing they're doing by porting singleplayer games to PC is making Steam an even stronger competitor 🫠

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
Those are great reasons for Sony's high profit in 2020, now tell that to the guy whos aid Sony's profit's were at an all time high when PlayStation games were only on PlayStation and not PC which is not true at all. remember Sony's first PC game was Helldivers all the way back in 2015

This makes no sense. Their profits would be at an all time high despite PC ports.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Umar

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
To put the drop into the context of the big picture, here's the last year, 5 years and max graphs:

image.png

image.png

image.png

remember Sony's first PC game was Helldivers all the way back in 2015
Under their PlayStation PC publishing label yes, but they published may other PC games with other labels:

• In the '80s (started in 1983/1984) Sony made MSX computers and games for them, some of them developed in my hometown.
  • During the 90s also published PC (and Nintendo/Sega) games as CSG Imagesoft/Sony Imagesoft/Sony Electronic Publishing, which part of it ended merged with other team to create 989 Studio and other part remained as Sony Interactive PC Software America (which published Wipeout).
  • In the '90s Psygnosis, while acquired by what now is SIE developed games for PC (plus Saturn or N64) like Wipeout, Wipeout 2098/XL, The City of Lost Children, The Adventures of Lomax, Toy Story, Monster Trucks, Shadow Master, Rush Hour or both Rollcage games to name a few of them.
  • As Sony Online Entertainment (originally owned by what today is SIE) they published games like the Everquest series, Matrix Online,Wizardry Online or Pirates of the Burning Sea, Payday, DC Univers Online, Bullet Run or Vanguard: Saga of Heroes since the '90s until they sold it in 2020.
  • They published as Sony Music Entertainment (Japan) Inc. / UNTIES several games in Steam since 2017 as TINY METAL, 3rd eye, BATTLLOON and The Midnight Sanctuary.
  • Sony Pictures Virtual Reality also published games and VR experienes on Steam since 2017 like Ghostbusters VR: Firehouse, Jumanji: The VR Adventure, Ghostbusters VR: Showdown, Groundhog Day: Like Father Like Son or Spider-Man: Far From Home Virtual Reality.
TLDR: Sony has been making PC games since forever using different labels.

Last edited: