(Speculation on if still) Bend Naughty Dog are working on a joint unannounced project for two years, according to the former Senior Gameplay Animator.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Senior Gameplay Animator
Bend Studio
Jan 2020 - Apr 2022 2 yrs 4 mos
• Worked with Naughty Dog to prototype and create content on an unannounced project.
• Created animation tools in python to assist standing up maya animation pipeline at Bend Studio.
• Created previsualizations to inspire team and to plan game moments and systems.

Titles worked on:
- Unannounced Naughty Dog project
- Unannounced Bend Studio project

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022

Senior Gameplay Animator
Bend Studio
Jan 2020 - Apr 2022 2 yrs 4 mos
• Worked with Naughty Dog to prototype and create content on an unannounced project.
• Created animation tools in python to assist standing up maya animation pipeline at Bend Studio.
• Created previsualizations to inspire team and to plan game moments and systems.

Titles worked on:
- Unannounced Naughty Dog project
- Unannounced Bend Studio project
It was uncharted which they asked not to do anymore. Jason covered in his article in 2020

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Should be Uncharted, Sony would be stupid to not do anything with that IP this gen.
If it’s Uncharted. Just know that we won’t get a new IP from Naughty Dog until PS6 till the early 2030’s. Because you know that they’re making TLOU 3 one way or another.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
According to Jason and indirectly confirmed by the DG directors, between the DG release and the start of the production of their own next project (their current new IP), Bend did support ND on TLOU Online and also were codeveloping with them an Uncharted spinoff.

These directors mentioned that since over a decade ago, when ND or Bend have people free between projects they help the other studio in whatever they are doing if there's fit.

Apparently after the original DG release it took them around a year or two to make the preproduction of the new IP and to get it greenlighted to enter into production in 2021. During that time some people supported ND, other people did the preproduction of the new IP and other people updated DG and ported it to PC.

The DG directors debunked Jason's statement saying that Sony rejected the DG2 pitch because they never sent it: it was their boss inside Bend who turned it down. They also debunked what Jason said about Bend supposedly having a bad relationship with ND or having any issue on working with them since they have been helping each other for decades and have a good friendship and mutual respect. They also debunked Jason's words about fearing to be absorved by ND or having any bad relationship or opinion about PS Studios/SIE management and strategy, they said it's the opposite: they always have been very supportive with Bend and DG even after release.

Last edited:

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Jesus Fucking Christ, Sony!

No Days Gone 2, No TLOU Online, but these two incestuous hillbilly cousin development studios that have been eating each others asses for decades whilst refusing to commit with a ring in it... We're not ND junior, oh but they're working on something together by golly! Not either of the two games people wanted, mind you, oh no.

At this point, you inept fucks, all of them from Sony management, ND, Bend, whichever way the blame blows, just stick motorcycle riding and upgrading, together with TLOU's horse and boat, DG's horde attack, basebuilding, and shopkeeper mechanics, take a sprinkle of whatever is left from Factions 1 and Factions Online.

Somebody please cut a clean pathway through TLOU Factions, Division overworld/missions, State of Decays scrounging and basebuilding. Cause The Day Before wasn't it, and TLOU Online is dead ffs!

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Jesus Fucking Christ, Sony!

No Days Gone 2, No TLOU Online, but these two incestuous hillbilly cousin development studios that have been eating each others asses for decades whilst refusing to commit with a ring in it... We're not ND junior, oh but they're working on something together by golly! Not either of the two games people wanted, mind you, oh no.

At this point, you inept fucks, all of them from Sony management, ND, Bend, whichever way the blame blows, just stick motorcycle riding and upgrading, together with TLOU's horse and boat, DG's horde attack, basebuilding, and shopkeeper mechanics, take a sprinkle of whatever is left from Factions 1 and Factions Online.

Somebody please cut a clean pathway through TLOU Factions, Division overworld/missions, State of Decays scrounging and basebuilding. Cause The Day Before wasn't it, and TLOU Online is dead ffs!
Not Sony's fault there's no Days Gone 2 though I did find it puzzling they allowed Studio politics prevent the sequel without stepping with an intervention to try and salvage things after the creator was booted for being toxic.

Screwing the pooch with TLOU will haunt them, the same way them butchering Uncharted 4 Multiplayer has left such a hole in their roster now. They were sitting on two sure shot GaaS gold mine but botched both.

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
The Lost Legacy director did a bang up Job, he took all the Neil padding out of the game and made such a tight experience.
He also fixed Nadine Lol He‘s back at the studio now. Rumors are he’s making their next game. Which could be Uncharted. That’s one of Neil’s biggest flaws as a director. Too much
padding creates bad pacing. TLOU 2 had this same issue.

Reactions: Danja1187

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I would rather see a different studio working on Uncharted or not continue the franchise. Uncharted without Amy Henning is not Uncharted.
I really liked Uncharted 4 and she didn't work on that. I would love to see her back but I don't think that is happening.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
I would rather see a different studio working on Uncharted or not continue the franchise. Uncharted without Amy Henning is not Uncharted.
You’re Trippin. Uncharted 4 was great. The only issues were the pacing and Neil turning Nadine into an unrealistic superwoman to appease the feminists.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
He also fixed Nadine Lol He‘s back at the studio now. Rumors are he’s making their next game. Which could be Uncharted. That’s one of Neil’s biggest flaws as a director. Too much
I actually want to see the studio move on from Uncharted but if he's leading I'd be down for it.

I know Sony tried to make a new San Diego studio after Uncharted 4 with a bunch of ex Naughty Dog devs, I guess that fell through.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
What do you mean by padding? Because I agree recent Naughty Dog games have bad pacing. The same pacing ruined GOWR.

Reactions: Gamernyc78