Square Enix confirms goal to bring 'Final Fantasy 16' to Xbox

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
Yes they are. Why do you think they are called xbots since 2005? They are all programmed to say and think the same way.

We noticed this pattern as soon as Xbox came into the scene.

Actually since 2003, it was already a thing.

Ngl this a pretty childish outlook on life and the fact there is an equivalent word for PlayStation fans pretty much cements the fact the terms were made up by some butt hurt people who aren't mature enough to realize everyone has different opinions and not everyone has to agree with them. The mere term Xbot, in and of itself is rooted in immaturity, the same with Pony.

A few people do not represent the entirety of a userbase.

• noneofmybizz
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Ngl this a pretty childish outlook on life and the fact there is an equivalent word for PlayStation fans pretty much cements the fact the terms were made up by some butt hurt people who aren't mature enough to realize everyone has different opinions and not everyone has to agree with them. The mere term Xbot, in and of itself is rooted in immaturity, the same with Pony.

A few people do not represent the entirety of a userbase.
And the PCMR are the worst of them all 🤷

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
sr1UaSX.png

lmao-laugh.gif

What a bunch of dishonest weasels. I can't wait for this Brand to die once and for all.

saltyashell

11 Feb 2024
What's a current gen game that sold over a million copies on Xbox S/X that isn't CoD/Fortnite/Live service?

According to SteamDB, Starfield has sold between 1.7 million - 4 million. So maybe Starfield?

Last edited:
  • thinking_hard
Reactions: Entropi

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
sr1UaSX.png

lmao-laugh.gif

What a bunch of dishonest weasels. I can't wait for this Brand to die once and for all.
LMAOOO! Faded into obscurity my ass. Both Persona and Yakuza gained recognition with audiences well before those games hit Xbox. Persona got the attention it deserved with Persona 4 and Persona 4 Golden during both games' original release and those releases excluded Xbox. As for Yakuza, for years Sega didn't think the franchise would be a hit in the West because they thought the game would be too Japanese for western audiences. However, that ended up not being the case since the franchise continues to grow a cult following on PlayStation that ended up with Sega being pleasantly surprised and lead them to actually put real marketing into the game in the States as well as reaching for worldwide releases of future titles. Yakuza was always massive in Japan to begin with.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
sr1UaSX.png

lmao-laugh.gif

I know, this sort of shit is everywhere.

So much that it really makes me wonder if Im the retarded one? But then I look at console sales, game sales, and quality of games in the last 5 generations lol… These people are either have mental delusional or dishonest freaks

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
Give me my PS5 Pro enhancements first, waited on it to do the FF mode run for the platinum.
The game served it's purpose bolstering the 2023 line-up for PS5. Seen it regularly on sale for newcomers by that time it's on Plus.

They took longer than the exclusivity deal to have the PC port up and didn't do a great job at it, getting it running on the Series S will take resources beyond the 2 year mark. With ''goal'' Yoshi P is basically saying give me money Phil.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
I don't understand what the big deal is. It's a multiplatform franchise and has been since the PS34 days.

But I love how both Sega and Square are bending over backwards for MS. The moment the latest FF game hits GP, Square isn't getting any of my money anymore. Same with Persona games on GP. Have xbox players carry them.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I don't understand what the big deal is. It's a multiplatform franchise and has been since the PS34 days.

But I love how both Sega and Square are bending over backwards for MS. The moment the latest FF game hits GP, Square isn't getting any of my money anymore. Same with Persona games on GP. Have xbox players carry them.
The biggest deal is that the OP is not exactly correct.
He want to bring the game to Xbox but there is no plan at all :D.
There is no confirmation at all.

ghostwriter74

27 Jun 2023
Square Enix is currently making strange decisions. Since Team Asobi suggests it's SE's fault that there are no FF bots in Astro Bot, it may have actually been Sony that decided not to make exclusive deals or even buy SE. Ryan announced in an interview with, afaik, analysts about 2 years ago that they wanted to move away from exclusive third party deals and concentrate more on first and second party deals like Nioh, Death Stranding or Rise of the Ronin. Somehow I have the feeling that this is also why the old Square Enix CEO left or had to. The new CEO now seems to be grasping at every straw to generate more sales, I can't interpret the "Xbox Offensive" any other way.

In my opinion SE can better burn the money for all the ports or invest it in games that Square Enix fans really want. Instead of a DQ 3 "2.5 remake/remaster" I would have preferred a DQ8 remake with DQ11 graphics, that would have been worth $70 to me. I pray every night that SE doesn't come up with the crazy idea of blowing up FF9 like the FF7 remake. And why the hell is there still nothing new or similar to Nier Automata? As far as I know, it didn't have high production costs, but it sold pretty well. Alternatively, they could have offered a current gen version a long time ago that runs better technically and also packs in 30 2B outfits. Give the people what they want, Square Enix! And Stellar Blade is the best example of how games with sexy women + loads of outfits sell well.

I don't see any Xbox ports selling and putting Square Enix on the road to success. Not even their own Xbox games are putting Xbox on the road to success. The FF14 port doesn't seem to be particularly successful either, if the free trial version doesn't even manage to get past ESO. Good luck selling ports on this platform, which is practically dead in Japan and Europe. I would save the money and invest it in ports for the Switch successor, which will be much more successful in Europe and Japan than Xbox. I'm afraid Square Enix is facing pretty difficult times and with Sony gone as a financial backer, all that's left now is FF14, which is still doing quite well.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters