Square Enix indicates it will continue making exclusivity deals with PlayStation

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Square Enix right now :
money perfect loops GIF

Kokoloko

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
They also do exclusives for Nintendo but no1 brings that up. They only complain when its a PS exclusive

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
The games don’t sell on xbox and the AAA would be a nightmare to downport to switch.

They lose nothing by doing deals with sony and epic. For a game like FFXVI sony probably just showed them the sales their big first party games get and they were like ‘ok bet.’

Reactions: Gods&Monsters

CloudStrife

9 Jul 2022
Did they actually say "exclusivity deals with PlayStation" or is the author of that article inferring that? Article seems a little sensationalist to me.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
The actual article doesn't make any mention of them continuing deals with any platform.

We need to found what the forum ID for that tweek town author is for such a salacious headline. :ROFLMAO:

Their current strategy involves having exclusivity / console specific games out there. Them stating that they will continue with their strategy basically implies that they will continue having those deals.

It's not rocket science.

I do agree that an article extrapolating that without mentioning it's an opinion is not ideal, but let's not try and fool ourselves here.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Did they actually say "exclusivity deals with PlayStation" or is the author of that article inferring that? Article seems a little sensationalist to me.
They said their current approach is making good money, and they are sticking with it.

Their current approach is working more with Sony and making natural exclusives to PS5.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
article could have also easily have said the same about nintendo since they’ve effectively struck more deals with them.

Reactions: ethomaz

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022

This is *literally* the only thing the earnings report itself says on the matter:

A: We intend to maintain the multi-platform strategy that we have adopted to date

Everything else in the article, including the title of the article itself, is the authors inferrance.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Zzero

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I think its a complete waste of money sony moneyhatting square titles FF would still get 80% plus sales on playstation even with an xbox version and the rest of squares titles always seem to sell poorly locking out other platforms doesn't help at all.
When they work with Sony or Nintendo, they get support and marketing so it's cheaper for them. Nintendo also publishes some of their titles so it's even cheaper.

If it's multiplat on Xbox nobody will pay and the terrible, garbage sales on Xbox don't make up for it.

Atlus worked like that too. We'll see if they continue for their next games.

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
This is *literally* the only thing the earnings report itself says on the matter:

A: We intend to maintain the multi-platform strategy that we have adopted to date

Everything else in the article, including the title of the article itself, is the authors inferrance.
i remember reading S-E saying thar due to rhe scope of AAA games theu will need to secure partnerships or something like that.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I think its a complete waste of money sony moneyhatting square titles FF would still get 80% plus sales on playstation even with an xbox version and the rest of squares titles always seem to sell poorly locking out other platforms doesn't help at all.

Its really about mindshare.

Playstation want their brand synonymous with final fantasy again. Its the biggest japanese rpg in the world outside of pokemon. People can’t say sony doesn’t care about Japan when one of the longest running japanese game series are exclusive to ts platform

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
What is the next project after ff 16 and 7 remake

Kingdom Hearts 4 is also in full on production. And FF14 team will continue making another FF online expansion. I've heard they want to move on to a new title entirely and just have a separate team just for FF14 support. Originally before resurgence of FF14 they were going to move on.

Seems FF MMO replacement is still a ways off since a lot of the engineers are working ON ff16.

FF9 is getting a remake as well, take that for what it is.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
What is the next project after ff 16 and 7 remake
Dragon Quest probably next year. I think its a PS exclusive but can't remember. They also have a lot of smaller projects out (DQ3 remaster, Infinity Strash, spin-offs, probably Just Cause 5 somewhere in there.)