Square Enix to Double Down on Xbox Releases, Final Fantasy 14 Producer Says

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Industry Leader is now the laughing stock / punching bag of the Industry... I hope they are happy.

Well done Sony. Devaluing your platform and losing partners left and right

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Until Dawn released August 25th, 2015. It's a 9 year old port. Cut this horseshit about day 1.

As for Square, money clearly exchanged hands. Not even Xbox wants to release on Xbox.
By your logic FF remake should be day n date on PC & no longer exclusive because it’s a 15+ year old game.

“It’s a 9 old game” is the new cope people say it was 2-3 years back when people would say PS wouldn’t port there games & definitely not day n date for any of there games (excluding multiplayer games) Uncharted 1 remake day n date w PC lmao what was once a game that would be exclusive to drive the platform is no longer exclusive & now design to bolster the PC & Steam platform, nice.

It’s like people forget about the remakes on PS3 GOW trilogy remake collection, R&C trilogy remake collection, infamous remake collection, Killzone remake collection all of these where remakes to bolster the PS platform now these type of games are being made & design for PC day n date bolstering Steams platform & storefront

Senki Dala

11 Aug 2024
France
When will they learn. Xbox buyers don't give a fuck about JRPGs. They showed it many times, JRPGs on Xbox, such as Ys Origins don't even sell 1000 worldwide.

Well SE is in trouble so selling "more games" on Xbox might be a good idea but... I already see all Xbox fans being "I will wait it comes to gamepass" when they announce FFXVI or something like this.

The few gamers that still plays exclusively on Xbox aren't gamers who are buying games, they are just gamepassing, and buy 1 dlc here and there, that's it. MS isn't releasing games on PS5 and Switch because "when we all play we all win", but because, as said Phil recently, they need return on investments and Xbox Gamers buy nothing. Or controllers. And mini fridges.

EDIT : I made my first meme :eek: well at least I tried

91psqs.jpg

Last edited:

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
By your logic FF remake should be day n date on PC & no longer exclusive because it’s a 15+ year old game.

“It’s a 9 old game” is the new cope people say it was 2-3 years back when people would say PS wouldn’t port there games & definitely not day n date for any of there games (excluding multiplayer games) Uncharted 1 remake day n date w PC lmao what was once a game that would be exclusive to drive the platform is no longer exclusive & now design to bolster the PC & Steam platform, nice.

It’s like people forget about the remakes on PS3 GOW trilogy remake collection, R&C trilogy remake collection, infamous remake collection, Killzone remake collection all of these where remakes to bolster the PS platform now these type of games are being made & design for PC day n date bolstering Steams platform & storefront
Explain my logic to me then. Explain how the 1:1 re-release/remaster of Until Dawn is the same as a full remake of Final Fantasy 7.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
No surprise here. This has been known for over a year already once their new CEO took over. Don't worry though Square Enix about us Xbox fans as I already pre-ordered Visions of Mana!!! Square Enix releases their games day one on Xbox, I will buy them!! 😂

Reactions: anonpuffs

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
No surprise here. This has been known for over a year already once their new CEO took over. Don't work though Square Enix about us Xbox fans as I already pre-ordered Visions of Mana!!! Square Enix ports them, I will buy them!! 😂
As you should.

Reactions: peter42O

Ico

Icon Extra
8 May 2024
the only thing i can see from square enix hard pursuing money is that will be less likely to see sony pushing FF7 part 3 as a PS6 system seller after this

saltyashell

11 Feb 2024
I hope they bring FF17 to Game Pass day 1. They'll lose even more money than they're losing now.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
According to Jez and NateDrake, FF16 and FF7R are coming and more besides FF 🤡

Xbox is getting more support than ever because Sony's reputation is in the gutter. They have never been so weak, publishers are going to Xbox for chump change 🤡

NateDrake:
Don't know why the focus is purely on Final Fantasy when it extends beyond Final Fantasy. More SqEx games in general will find way to Xbox (Note: Not all but more). There will be select exceptions here & there (which will lead to some personalities claiming the relationship has soured or some other outlandish outrage due to knee-jerk reactions).

• haha
Reactions: Lersds and Puff

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024
Industry Leader is now the laughing stock / punching bag of the Industry... I hope they are happy.

Well done Sony. Devaluing your platform and losing partners left and right

This has more to do with people not buying Final Fantasy games as much as they used to.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023

Xbox is getting more support than ever because Sony's reputation is in the gutter. They have never been so weak, publishers are going to Xbox for chump change 🤡

NateDrake:
Which one of them is lying about FF7R? Not Nate surely

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Square has a lot of issues, from a business perspective they desperately need to raise revenue and profits up

Exclusives haven't helped them on any platform. And is amazing as FFVII Rebirth is it didn't move the needle on software or hardware sales

If Sony want Square Enix exclusive they should buy them

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
Square has a lot of issues, from a business perspective they desperately need to raise revenue and profits up

Exclusives haven't helped them on any platform. And is amazing as FFVII Rebirth is it didn't move the needle on software or hardware sales

If Sony want Square Enix exclusive they should buy them
Sadly, If that were to happened with Sony buying Square I think Square would be allowed to operate like usual as a third party publisher still. Sony would probably just omit Xbox but don't see them omitting Nintendo and PC though. As long as Square is independent they can do whatever they like with Final Fantasy.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022

NateDrake:
So it’s some games but not all games, just as we all suspected. Jez is a known liar at this point and depending on where Nate drake is speaking for example at resetera, it’s to massage the ego of the lunatic asylum that is the Xbox thread over there.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022

NateDrake:

These are the same people that said FF7 remake was going to Xbox years ago. More recently said FF16 was going to be announced this year at MS show. Didn’t happen.

Anyway, Square Enix has games that are already on Xbox. Like a bunch.

This is all just a talking point to make it seem like there’s some drastic change. Don’t fall for it.

When games do show up on Xbox and doesn’t sell, SE goes back to less support and green rats complain.