Square Enix Will Be a Part of the Xbox Showcase, It’s Claimed

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Square Enix might have some announcements to make at the Xbox Showcase, Final Fantasy 9 remake could be one of them.

Trusted tipster, Midori, recently took to X (formerly Twitter) to inform the fans about Square Enix’s next plans. It seems that the Final Fantasy developer is going to be a part of the upcoming Xbox Showcase, scheduled for June 9. Square Enix will reportedly be present at the event with information on their upcoming titles. This is very exciting news as fans have been wondering what’s next for Square Enix and Xbox after the former’s multiplatform push announcement.

Luffy123

Veteran
16 Jul 2023
When can we start asking why Xbox a dying console now has a ton of exclusives and games announced

But Sony isn’t marketing or announcing anything

Who looks like the Console leader and who looks like the 3rd Party Publisher

It doesn’t make any sense

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Xbox will further bring them down smh. They are dumb asf. Optics means alot.

Reactions: Diah

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
“Very exciting news as fans been wondering what’s next for SE and Xbox.” LMAO. Nobody is wondering what’s next for Square and Xbox cause people don’t care. Games media with another dumb narrative.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Probably Octopath Traveler again

Nah, it's going to be Visions of Mana again. Its going to need a release date.
When it was shown they just said Summer 2024.

Funniest thing is that there's no Switch for a game that will definitely skew towards Japan.
Whoever was the producer on that project working with the studio making the game is an idiot.

Last edited:

Shadow2027

15 Dec 2023
Well xbox is certainly throwing a lot of money out there for marketing these past few years. Just seems like nothing ever works on their platform, mostly because of their training

Reactions: Diah and Gamernyc78

TrishaCat

17 May 2024
Nah, it's going to be Visions of Mana again. Its going to need a release date.
When it was shown they just said Summer 2024.

Funniest thing is that there's no Switch or PS4 version for a game that will definitely skew towards Japan.
Whoever was the producer on that project working with the studio making the game is an idiot.
?
Octopath is on PS4 now, and Visions of Mana was already announced for PS4 and PS5 in addition to Xbox and PC

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
?
Octopath is on PS4 now, and Visions of Mana was already announced for PS4 and PS5 in addition to Xbox and PC

My bad, it's not that Visions isn't coming to PS4, I had my wired crossed.

It's that the back porting is allegedly going poorly and the PS4 might not release at the same time as the other versions.
As far as we believe, the PS4 version of Visions of Mana is going to suffer a delay... the whole game was planned to be delayed but its release is still on schedule for the rest of the platforms (whether it arrives sooner or later).

The PS4 (or really the Switch, but that's probably an unpopular opinion here) should've been the target platform for this project. Mana is not that large of a series, it needs all the help it can get.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Remake, Rebirth, 16, all releasing on Xbox and Gamepass is what I would predict, pretty much the Sega deal all over again. SE would have to expect these games are going to sell on Xbox so they'll likely take whatever they can get for Gamepass.

As always these companies will just spit in the face of the people that bought these games day 1.

If ain't that, whatever, who cares?

TrishaCat

17 May 2024
As always these companies will just spit in the face of the people that bought these games day 1.
Owning a game is better than renting it on GamePass. There is more value in something you can access whenever you want and sell it when you're done than a subscription service that changes its library every so often

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Owning a game is better than renting it on GamePass. There is more value in something you can access whenever you want and sell it when you're done than a subscription service that changes its library every so often
Nah, I'll take playing a game for $1 over buying a disc for $70.

I sell most of my discs but still, these companies should learn a thing or two from Nintendo.

TrishaCat

17 May 2024
Nah, I'll take playing a game for $1 over buying a disc for $70.
Just know that the $1 you pay for the trial increases in price after two weeks and eventually it'll be taken off Gamepass like most games eventually are. I for one don't want game publishers to be able to take my games away