Square Enix’s Forspoken Faces Challenges Breaking Even With A Cost Over $75M

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I know they were empty but there was nothing else gaming related in that dumpster besides the Forspoken steelbooks right on top.

I'm sure he got them from the store and put them there himself for a video. All the Xbox warriors are completely obsessed with that game it's so embarrassing.
That’s possible.

• Shake
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Savagefrogdemon

13 Feb 2023
Gary Whitta said that forspoken had a ton of plot and character changes during it's development entire parts of the game got scrapped and reworked.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Bs article removed lol Def fanboys fodder

Last edited:

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Who the fuck wrote that article? Adamsapple? It says Hifi Flush annihilated Forspoken sales but Hi-Fi wasn't in any sales charts for January or February? Made up numbers from Xbots.

however, when just a day later, Tango Gameworks’ Hi-Fi Rush launched without any marketing at all and proceeded to annihilate the game in the sales department,

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Goddamn $100 million budget ?

There's not enough trash cans in Brazil that can fill all that output 😬

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
And why would people be throwing that in my country? That’s a blatantly lie.

Isn't that Forspoken in the dump cans video from Brazillian twitter? At least I thought it was.

also since y'all removed the link, whatever that source was, it wasn't the origin of the $100 million rumor, it was via the linked in of a writer on the game.

According to game writer Allison Rymer, Forspoken had a budget of over $100 million. "Wrote the bible, script, and downloadable content for a fantasy AAA video game ($100,000,000+ budget) with release date set for Fall 2022," Rymer's LinkedIn reads.

Read more: https://www.tweaktown.com/news/9071...pent-over-100-million-on-forspoken/index.html

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Isn't that Forspoken in the trash cans video from Brazillian twitter?

also since y'all removed the link, whatever that source was, it wasn't the origin of the $100 million rumor, it was via the linked in of a writer on the game.
One video from a random person. I live here and I interact with Brazilian gaming twitter, so, that’s not happening here.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
One video from a random person. I live here and I interact with Brazilian gaming twitter, so, that’s not happening here.

Oh I also don't believe it was every single retailer dumping it in the trash, but historically in the US even Gamestop has been known to do that every now and then.

Anyway, since that video doesn't seem to have been posted, here it is in case someone missed it:

-

Also @Gamernyc78 , use this source for the $100 million budget claim.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Isn't that Forspoken in the dump cans video from Brazillian twitter? At least I thought it was.

I mean this title still stands as it costing "over" 75 million. It wasnt removed due to the $100 million assertion.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Gary Whitta said that forspoken had a ton of plot and character changes during it's development entire parts of the game got scrapped and reworked.
Yeah, not surprised. Though if anything its a miracle the game came out as "fast" as it did and with the cuts being so un-noticable.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Oh I also don't believe it was every single retailer dumping it in the trash, but historically in the US even Gamestop has been known to do that every now and then.

Anyway, since that video doesn't seem to have been posted, here it is in case someone missed it:

-

Hardcore Xbox fanatic posts a photo and you proceed to treat it as the truth. Are Xbox fanatics a multicelular organism or something? It's like you have a fucking hive mind.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Hardcore Xbox fanatic posts a photo and you proceed to treat it as the truth. Are Xbox fanatics a multicelular organism or something? It's like you have a fucking hive mind.

*Video, not photo.

I guess in this case one mans trash is also another mans trash.

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming

-

You know Stealbook's tend to be empty 99% of the time right?
Just thought i should point that out as the only way for them to have a disk in is if you buy the disk copy along with it and put the disk in.
For all we know is they might have had them set up as prop's in windows/shelves

Take Out The Trash GIF by CBC

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
You know Stealbook's tend to be empty 99% of the time right?
Just thought i should point that out as the only way for them to have a disk in is if you buy the disk copy along with it and put the disk in.
For all we know is they might have had them set up as prop's in windows/shelves

Sure it is entirely possible, but that video predating Square Enix coming out and saying the games sales are lacklsuter by just one, two days is an incredible coincidence.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Do you see anything else in that dumpster besides the empty steelbook? Everything is in boxes or trash bags and then the Forspoken is sitting on top. It's fake unless the Game Stop employee went there to put it right before the Xbox mega fan went dumpster diving (instead of the store trash).
Sure it is entirely possible, but that video predating Square Enix coming out and saying the games sales are lacklsuter by just one, two days is an incredible coincidence.
Yes it's incredible, you should go in that dumpster maybe your new hero will find you next 🤭

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
In this case it's cheap prooaganda that you're spreading.

Oh don't worry, for any propaganda I may or may not be spreading, plenty of people are over-analyzing the trash can for traces of other things, see the post above for reference.

But I digress, the game has been received and now also sold lackluster, even the parent company has come out and said it. And they can't even blame this one on any of their former Western studios anymore.

• haha
Reactions: Gods&Monsters