Square Enix’s Forspoken Faces Challenges Breaking Even With A Cost Over $75M

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Oh don't worry, for any propaganda I may or may not be spreading, plenty of people are over-analyzing the trash can for traces of other things, see the post above for reference.

But I digress, the game has been received and now also sold lackluster, even the parent company has come out and said it. And they can't even blame this one on any of their former Western studios anymore.
Dis you?
Trash Quit GIF by 60 Second Docs

• haha
Reactions: KiryuRealty

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022

kmt-yeah.gif

Do you see anything else in that dumpster besides the empty steelbook? Everything is in boxes or trash bags and then the Forspoken is sitting on top.
Okay so that Xbox fan in Brasil went dumpster diving and just so happened to find steelbook copies of that particular game randomly by accident? Sure I believe it.
I know they were empty but there was nothing else gaming related in that dumpster besides the Forspoken steelbooks right on top.

ain't fooling nobody gobsanddumpsters.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
This analyst has no idea of the development costs of a AAA game. The game must have been way more expensive than this.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
This analyst has no idea of the development costs of a AAA game. The game must have been way more expensive than this.

According to the (a ?) writer on the game, they said on their linked in that its a $100+ million budget game.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
According to the (a ?) writer on the game, they said on their linked in that its a $100+ million budget game.
The writer meant that AAA games are the ones who cost over 100M. Which could be 101M or 800M. Something wrong and probably only meant at a way to say 'very expensive games'.

Also, most developers have no idea about the budget of the games they work on. In my case being the boss of a department of a dev team in a huge company didn't know the budgets of our games outside a handful ones. Even in one of them, where I was part of the team that went to the HQ to pitch it the budget mentioned there was only for the first part of the project, not the whole one.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
The writer meant that AAA games are the ones who cost over 100M. Which could be 101M or 800M. Something wrong and probably only meant at a way to say 'very expensive games'.

Reading what they wrote, it doesn't read like a generalized statement. Seems like a very specific one.

Wrote the bible, script, and downloadable content for a fantasy AAA video game ($100,000,000+ budget) with release date set for Fall 2022.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Reading what they wrote, it doesn't read like a generalized statement. Seems like a very specific one.

Wrote the bible, script, and downloadable content for a fantasy AAA video game ($100,000,000+ budget) with release date set for Fall 2022.
Yes, it's exactly what I said. Pretty likely the writer asked someone about the budget of the game and was told 'I don't know but it's a AAA game, so over $100M'.

• brain
Reactions: adamsapple