Star Wars Outlaws Story Preview |OT| Will release August 30, 2024. Has gone gold.|UP| Post launch roadmap.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
It honestly looks really good but I'm only sceptical since it's a ubisoft game. I really don't like their open world checklist formula that makes games feel like a chore to play.

I wish Ubisoft would go for a more linear semi open world structure like the GOW games, personal I think that is the best balance.

Get rid of all the other filler and bloat
It'll probably get repetitive fast.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
As soon as I see "accessible, fun, and action packed as possible" I switch off, Maybe let the consumers decide what is fun and action packed instead of Ubisoft devs and focus testers. Anyways I know what I am spending my money on in august and september and this ain't it, with the excel sheet worth of various editions ubisoft is sure to release it will turn off more people

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
As soon as I see "accessible, fun, and action packed as possible" I switch off, Maybe let the consumers decide what is fun and action packed instead of Ubisoft devs and focus testers. Anyways I know what I am spending my money on in august and september and this ain't it, with the excel sheet worth of various editions ubisoft is sure to release
I know what you mean :/

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
I couldn't see any relevant difference between the ray reconstruction on and off...

EDIT: though I did watch it on my 12" tablet.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Icon

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
There is a difference but do we really need all this resource hogging stuff for what appears to be a tiny difference? I don't know, all this new stuff seems like a waste of resources to me.

Polyh3dron

Veteran
31 Jan 2024
There is a difference but do we really need all this resource hogging stuff for what appears to be a tiny difference? I don't know, all this new stuff seems like a waste of resources to me.
???

What you're seeing here is not the difference between raytracing and the absence of it, you are looking at the difference between raytracing with and without ray reconstruction, and the difference in performance cost between the two is negligible, as seen here:

It's the raytracing itself that incurs the heavy performance cost you're referring to.

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
I couldn't see any relevant difference between the ray reconstruction on and off...

EDIT: though I did watch it on my 12" tablet.

EDIT2: On my 4K 32" monitor I could see that the reflections seem to move around a bit in the results without ray reconstruction.
Though this is really easy to miss. I wouldn't have noticed it if it wasn't for the rectangles they put in there.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Ubisoft kicked off the show with a brand new look at Star Wars Outlaws gameplay with a trailer and actual gameplay ahead of its August 30 release. Over 10 minutes of gameplay was shown along with nearly four minutes of new looks via the trailer.

Last edited:

Sloane_Ranger

Icon Extra
3 Jul 2023
Trailer looked better than before. I still think this should have had a character creator, no “cute” pet, and a little more darkness/grittyness.

Reactions: Luffy123 and Sircaw