Starfield is the "starting gun" for first-party Xbox games

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022

"This is the beginning of something that's going to be really special," Xbox CMO says

Starfield_GdQO7eb.jpeg

Starfield
Everwild
Fable
The Outer Worlds 2
Avowed
Senua's Saga: Hellblade II
Clockwork Revolution
Perfect Dark
South of Midnight

Unfortunately I have to agree with him. Currently Xbox has announced more Interesting Single-player games for next gen than Sony.
I'm sorry to say, but this is pretty delusional.

The gen started in 2020, Phillip's been head of exbox for how many years before that?

If Starfall is their starting gun, they've been lapped by Sony and Nintendo 10 times over. The competitors have been running circles around them. It's also a game that simply got it's PS5 version cancelled, not this amazing creative endeavor by MS.

Look at the list you have there.

Games announced YEARS ago, some we don't even fucking know what they're about (Everwild lol). Games that are still years away, or pretty fucking mid (Outer Worlds lol).

One unannounced game from Sony or Nintendo absolutely curb stomps 10 of these vaporware fake hype for shills.

It's time for you to get a reality check, respectfully.

Last edited:
  • brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
skyrim was important because of how it pushed the medium forward with the ambition of its scale and scope
starfield is copying shit other games have already done before and arguably doing it worse
I had Skyrim preordered, played on release for 2 weeks straight and pretty much 100%'d the game. When I finished I thought it was shallow and had wasted all that time. Funnily enough most video essays on Skyrim talk about it being shallow, much of the systems being underbaked or non-functioning (e.g. Maces and Hammers "ignoring armour" is functionally useless because most enemies in the game do not have an armour class. Dragons = no armour) which validated my initial feelings about it. Most of the scale and scope is smoke and mirrors.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I had Skyrim preordered, played on release for 2 weeks straight and pretty much 100%'d the game. When I finished I thought it was shallow and had wasted all that time. Funnily enough most video essays on Skyrim talk about it being shallow, much of the systems being underbaked or non-functioning (e.g. Maces and Hammers "ignoring armour" is functionally useless because most enemies in the game do not have an armour class. Dragons = no armour) which validated my initial feelings about it. Most of the scale and scope is smoke and mirrors.
Yes of course. I've never finished skyrim because it's a dogshit game, but I can't deny it was important to the industry because it turns out millions of people love dogshit games. (I feel the same about GTA btw)

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
Yes of course. I've never finished skyrim because it's a dogshit game, but I can't deny it was important to the industry because it turns out millions of people love dogshit games. (I feel the same about GTA btw)
Very true. It's all about the lowest common denominator, which is why games become increasingly casual. Same thing with Game Pass, just pump out cheap garbage with no depth that people keep subscribing to.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters