State of Play Feb, 6th |OT| SOP will focus on FF VII Rebirth & more. 🔥 FF 7 Rebirth demo out now! (49 GB). |UP| New Interview

Will you watch the State of Play?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 82.4%
  • No, i don't want to spoil myself

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Final Fantasy info and more.

When and where to watch:

Tune in next Tuesday, February 6 at 3:30pm PT / 11:30pm GMT/ 6:30pm EST for an extended look at Final Fantasy VII Rebirth.

See you Tuesday on YouTube, Twitch, and TikTok.

1706741213748.png

FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH Demo (State of Play Feb 6th) players will earn the in-game item : Kupo Charm - Survival Set​

Update 2/7/24 New Interview​

Interview: Tetsuya Nomura on FFVII Rebirth story changes, new characters and how the ending will hit differently​

Attachments

• 1707184985100.png
    1707184985100.png
    586.4 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
XqmqPp8.png

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Actually underrated, they get so much shit but they produce the game every year.

I wonder if Sony did buy them if it would negatively impact that though.
Too bad Forspoken was a miss, on paper Luminous Studios + Amy Hennig sounded great to me.

Looks like SE might show up with a successful new IP GaaS before Sony as well, with Foamstars.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
They really are sending out Helldivers 2 to crash and burn. This game should have gotten its own SOP mid January 🤦🏽‍♂️.

Pray for ArrowHead as it would suck to see them hit with layoffs because PlayStation sent their game out to die.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Too bad Forspoken was a miss, on paper Luminous Studios + Amy Hennig sounded great to me.

Looks like SE might show up with a successful new IP GaaS before Sony as well, with Foamstars.
Forespoken needed 6 more months in development and Square should have taken the game off that trash engine after the first showing

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Forespoken needed 6 more months in development and Square should have taken the game off that trash engine after the first showing
The Order 1886 of this gen, a game with good potential sent to die because they wanted to get it out of the way.

They should've given up on that engine after FFXV. It's probably what held FFXV back as well.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023

Wasn't Amy Hennig just the producer not lead writer? It would explain why the writing wasn't anywhere near as good as Uncharted

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Wasn't Amy Hennig just the producer not lead writer? It would explain why the writing wasn't anywhere near as good as Uncharted
I think she was one of many writers and it just didn't look like the Japanese team and the writers were on the same page.

Ironically to me, story was the strongest part of FFXV, that ending still gets me and they somehow made me care for that Boy band. Janky game, with a unnecessary open world content but with good visuals and a story that hits home.

24 Jun 2022
They really are sending out Helldivers 2 to crash and burn. This game should have gotten its own SOP mid January 🤦🏽‍♂️.

Pray for ArrowHead as it would suck to see them hit with layoffs because PlayStation sent their game out to die.

It's doing well on the preorder charts, actually. I think it'll also be the kind of game that gets pretty solid WOM to help its reach.

And, well, they did have it in the SOP. A slow gradual success could actually be a blessing; if a GaaS blows up too quickly, the devs have to scramble to add new content.

• Shake
Reactions: Danja1187

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
It's doing well on the preorder charts, actually. I think it'll also be the kind of game that gets pretty solid WOM to help its reach.

And, well, they did have it in the SOP. A slow gradual success could actually be a blessing; if a GaaS blows up too quickly, the devs have to scramble to add new content.
Fair enough! Loved the first game so I'm definitely rooting for these guys to get a hit man. I've convinced 2 of gaming buds to get it, so at least I know some fun will be had either way.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH Demo (State of Play Feb 6th) players will earn the in-game item : Kupo Charm - Survival Set​

• fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023

Don't get it. Difference between releases are 21 days. And Helldivers 2 is much cheaper.

Reactions: AshHunter216