State of Play, September 24th 2024

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Yeap but they game's controversies are not changing at all.
Looks more like PR stuffs than actions.
Very likely, we will see... but also, given that they had to delay a project that cost hundreds of millions of dollars with all the backlash I suspect at least something it going on internally.

• fire
Reactions: Bo_Hazem
20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
I think the Board of Directors is launching an investigation on the overall state of the company.

Happy Good News GIF by Paramount Network

Reactions: Puff

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
I don't care who she is. Just that she is not a correct role.
We are gamers. They should choose a presenter and games towards the audience. Just as it always was.
Gaming is mostly a manly hobby. but now we get non manly games and non manly show as a whole.... Which means I am not the audience anymore. idk anymore.
I am just frustrated.

Sorry for calling people fat but know that I am fat myself :ROFLMAO:
Gaming is actually ~50/50, i think the number is 48% women and 52% men last I checked the statistics. Gaming in general isn't a gendered hobby anymore (if it really ever was).

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
I'll get lost in translation but... You could have said it louder but not more clear.

The good thing is that the pendulum always swings back with more force. We are 5 years from a new era of 90s/00s attitude in games.

It also goes beyond Sony. Look at Fable from MS... even the Japanese studios are contaminated. And that going to look so passe on them as they got REALLY late to the party. Hopefully the Japanese boycott all their games until they course correct.
What's wrong with Fable man? The actress literally looks like that, she looked even better with the last peek we got from a bit ago. People just keep using old, zoomed in, blurry screenshots taken from an odd angle and just use to sow hate and disgust.

It's gross.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Gaming is actually ~50/50, i think the number is 48% women and 52% men last I checked the statistics. Gaming in general isn't a gendered hobby anymore (if it really ever was).
The gendering appens in the type of games people play, CoD is mostly guys, while many mobile cutesy games are largely female.

I think Mario and other stuff of that nature is truly neutral ground.

This is like saying everybody likes TV or music, sure, but there are differences in who enjoys what (in general obviously).

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
Their Uncharted game already had two (non-white) females, both androginized and uglyfied versus previous games, where most bad guys and dumb/weak characters were white males.

But seems pretty likely that in the next game the main character will be the daughter, or will be a transitional game with Nate and the daughter as due and they kill him somewhere in the game.

In my case, I don't have an issue with playing with a female/non-white/no-hetero/etc, or with putting a female lead in a GoT game, or with this specific character (the mask, hat and costume looks cool). If only would be with this game, or with some (let's say they choose half of their main IPs with human protagonists to do it proportional to the population or maybe their audience) would be ok.

I mean, TLOU1 had a (lesbian) female co-lead. Everybody was perfectly ok with it and nobody complained about it. GoT had the Asian guy, everybody was perfectly ok with it (normal for a samurai/ninja game) and nobody complained about it. They were both iconic and charismatic and didn't feel like a tokenism replacement, there wasn't woke lecturing in their story etc.

The issue comes from seeing most Sony IPs with human protagonists being replaced by tokenized characters, like replacing males for females or putting a female companion -such replacement/comanion normally not as charismatic and likable as the iconic protagonist- preparing the replacement for the next entry. Same goes with LGTB, non-white etc.

You get tired of seeing all the iconic characters you love being removed, specially when the reason is that these woke folks have an issue with their skin color, gender or sexuality. And also with having female characters appealing to males as if males being attracked by females would be something evil (for them is). And even more when it did happen with all of them with maybe only Kratos (whose series also got wokenized a bit, but not to that point) as exception.

Their focus should be to make cool, charismatic, likable, iconic characters and stories. Not to replace what their aundience loves for a social engineering agenda that Blackrock, Rockefeller or Bill Gates want to set hidden in nice words like 'diversity', 'representation', etc.

Holy shit, Bing's gone rouge!

On the subject of Bill Gates though, momentarily off topic question, but why the fuck is he buying up all the farmland? That still seems as suss to me as the jab was.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
Show seemed meh, but I think that's just me/the examples used by Sony?

Like... Lunar Collection is a PS1 port/remake(?). Never played Lunar's genre, but if it was some other PS1 game series I liked, I'd be totally happy?

I'd be happy if Sony just threw engineers/manpower towards BC efforts? Imagine if Lunar Collection was instead RE 1-3 Collection (regardless of recent remakes for GOG, we talking PS here), or Dino Crisis 2 was coming alongside DC1 to PS+ catalogue.

I'd rather they take some money and do these type of things than blow it on the likes of Concord and Destruction Allstars.