Statista Survey | PS+ leads in the USA (41%), followed by Luna (39%), and Gamepass (37%).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
According to the latest survey by Statista, PlayStation+ is the leading gaming subscription service in the United States of America, with the highest reach (41%).

Amazon Prime/Luna comes second with 39% and Gamepass third with 37% reach in the US, tied with Google Play Pass (37%). The PS+ numbers include PS Now, and Gamepass numbers include Xbox Live Gold.

The results are interesting because the US is the strongest market for Xbox, and the difference in consoles sold or brand perception are at their lowest in the United States. Considering that Sony just revamped the PS+ service, we can expect it to take a bigger lead in the future.

Another interesting bit is that Apple Arcade (27%) ranks above EA Play (26%), and Google Stadia is almost at 50% of Gamepass.
  1. PS Plus/PS Now = 41%
  2. Amazon Prime/Luna = 39%
  3. Xbox Gamepass / Live Gold = 37%
  4. Google Play Pass = 37%
  5. Netflix Games = 33%
  6. Nintendo Switch Online = 32%
  7. Apple Arcade = 27%
  8. EA Play = 26%
  9. GeForce Now = 19%
  10. Google Stadia = 18%
Source: https://augustafreepress.com/ps-plus-most-popular-gaming-service-in-the-us-with-41-reach/

Bernd Lauert

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Xbox clearly winning, considering that Playstation has a roughly 30% higher install base, but only 10% more subscribers.

The best deal in gaming.

• haha
Reactions: Ezekiel

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
A survey of 1,099 players. This is like polling a niche gaming forum and extrapolating garbage talking points from there.

This is fake and complete bullshit data.

• brain
Reactions: Deleted member 51

Bernd Lauert

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
*behind PS+ and Amazon Luna.
Yeah man, Luna is killing it.

Yeah Right Idk GIF by The Official Page of the Los Angeles Sparks

• haha
Reactions: Bo_Hazem

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Wtf is a Luna lol

I remember someone talking about this service a while back saying it was going to be huge, can't remember exactly who it was but my memory is flashing up Geordie or Frank miller guy from gaf.

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Xbox clearly winning, considering that Playstation has a roughly 30% higher install base, but only 10% more subscribers.

The best deal in gaming.
thanks for reminding me, nieces visiting tomorrow need to pick up some Pringles for some snacks (y)

Reactions: Ezekiel
OP
OP
Heisenberg007

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Wtf is a Luna lol

I remember someone talking about this service a while back saying it was going to be huge, can't remember exactly who it was but my memory is flashing up Geordie or Frank miller guy from gaf.
Luna is apparently the second-best gaming subscription service in the US. It also needs to die lol 😄

• haha
  • fire
Reactions: Bo_Hazem and Sircaw

DonFerrari

Banned
14 Jul 2022
Given the US user bases, the console numbers don’t seem surprising. I was surprised about Luna because I’ve never heard of it, but it looks like it’s combined with Amazon Prime.

Netflix games above Nintendo Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.