Steam Deck OLED burn in test (Burn in after 750 hours)

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
I have a Steam Deck OLED, i hope it does not get burn-in. I did expect it could be at some point, but 700 hours seems pretty low... Hopefully if it happens Valve is fast with fixing it :)
I didn't watch what this guy did, but honestly I doubt it's going to be a problem in a normal use scenario. You don't remain on the menu very long, a lot of games move or hide their hub, etc. I mean, it takes a lot to burn an image in.

Reactions: Arc and Nhomnhom
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I didn't watch what this guy did, but honestly I doubt it's going to be a problem in a normal use scenario. You don't remain on the menu very long, a lot of games move or hide their hub, etc. I mean, it takes a lot to burn an image in.
Agreed 100%

Reactions: Arc

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Just to add here.

The material and tech behind the OLED affects burn-in rate.
A cheaper old tech OLED will be more prone to burn-in than a high-end new tech OLED.

Valve probably gone cheap here and that is why the Switch is near 10x more durable for burn-ins than Steam Deck in similar tests.

Arc

5 Sep 2023
I have a Steam Deck OLED, i hope it does not get burn-in. I did expect it could be at some point, but 700 hours seems pretty low... Hopefully if it happens Valve is fast with fixing it :)
To be fair, 700 hours of the exact same image (if that’s what they did) is really pushing the boundaries. In proper mixed play, that would probably take a lot longer to show, if it did.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
To be fair, 700 hours of the exact same image (if that’s what they did) is really pushing the boundaries. In proper mixed play, that would probably take a lot longer to show, if it did.
I guess someone playing only CoD or what not that keeps the hud up a couple of hours a day could eventually encounter burn-in... then if you play this much a single game all the time the damage will be hidden.

Reactions: Gamernyc78 and Arc
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I guess someone playing only CoD or what not that keeps the hud up a couple of hours a day could eventually encounter burn-in... then if you play this much a single game all the time the damage will be hidden.
Some ppl keep they screens on without playing for awhile.