Steamdeck sold 1.6 million in 2022, sell another 2 million in 2023, report

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
Vita was a failure.

What you don't understand is that Steam Deck is even more of faliure than vita 🤷‍♂️
Yes, a spectacular failure resulting in Sony giving up the handheld gaming market entirely to Nintendo.

And no the Deck isn't a failure... Valve have already confirmed future Steam Decks, and the market is flooding with others who want to get in on the handheld PC market.

Vita failed to create a market to sustain it, and developers gave no shits about it.

Deck doesn't have that problem.. the market is there.. and growing, and doesn't rely on developers supporting it.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Yes, a spectacular failure resulting in Sony giving up the handheld gaming market entirely to Nintendo.

And no the Deck isn't a failure... Valve have already confirmed future Steam Decks, and the market is flooding with others who want to get in on the handheld PC market.

Vita failed to create a market to sustain it, and developers gave no shits about it.

Deck doesn't have that problem.. the market is there.. and growing, and doesn't rely on developers supporting it.
Deck is indeed a big failure... numbers don't lie.

Reactions: nongkris

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

Inhale Loda GIF by Alliance

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
Steam deck being hailed as the next big thing in gaming just like hi-fi rush, despite both selling abysmally.
Who is hailing the Deck as the next big thing?

LMFAO.. talk about pure BS. You guys couldn't make an honest argument if your lives depended on it.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Aren’t decks online order only? Are they sold at a loss or at cost?

Within the scope of just creating a portable that piggybacks your steam library….

I don’t see the doom. This is fine.
He's just still very bitter about the Vita. Steamdeck currently doesn't have enough sales to have its own ecosystem, but it doesn't need to since its just an appendage of Steam (and the vitally important SteamOS.)

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
Yeah, we know.

Still, thread about Deck bombing hard.
Copping isn't easy. Try few more PSVR 2 threads.
I didn't bring up the Vita in this thread sweetie.

Cope harder though, maybe cry about it in the QLite thread?

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I didn't bring up the Vita in this thread sweetie.

Cope harder though, maybe cry about it in the QLite thread?
Are you 5 years old? Doesn't matter who bring that, you responsible for you. And i see you talking about vita.

And i don't need cope anything or cry. Because i don't give a shit about it 😂 but nice try 😂

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
That's actually not bad for the price point.
It's also not bad considering they're essentially building the ship while they are sailing it.

This particular iteration was never meant to be a mass market device. It's not sold at retail stores. It's meant for PC gamers with large libraries to play and test their games, and build the platform and back end (SteamOS) up to something that can eventually be that.

The Steam Deck that was released 1 year ago was not even close to being ready as a retail product. Even today it's still not 100% there. Compatibility is leagues better, performance is much better, they've added tons of features and so on... but it still doesn't have the required polish of a retail product for the mass market.

It will get there, it's succeeding, and Valve has already committed to future iterations.

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
Are you 5 years old? Doesn't matter who bring that, you responsible for you. And i see you talking about vita.

And i don't need cope anything or cry. Because i don't give a shit about it 😂 but nice try 😂
What a pathetic argument. Someone brings up the Vita, I comment on it, and we have an argument about it... and you blame me for speaking about what we were arguing about...

Yes, you're absolutely in this thread coping about it. All you're doing in this thread is crying about me... cry somewhere else and gtfo

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
What a pathetic argument. Someone brings up the Vita, I comment on it, and we have an argument about it... and you blame me for speaking about what we were arguing about...

Yes, you're absolutely in this thread coping about it. All you're doing in this thread is crying about me... cry somewhere else and gtfo
I am just laughing from your coping.
It bombed, fact.

Reactions: ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
It's utterly shameful that a new PSP / Vita doesn't exist and we have playstation studio heads posting pictures holding and playing on this....

Makes me sick.
To be fair this SteamDeck numbers shows why we don't have a new PSP or Vita.
Maybe if Sony can do something hybrid like Switch but for that they need to give up on console market that I don't want (I prefer decicated consoles over portables).

I don't believe there is a market for console and portable separetally.
When I say there is no market is that there is not 50-80 million users wanted to buy both console + portable and somethine like 20m portable to Sony is not worth the effort.

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
It's utterly shameful that a new PSP / Vita doesn't exist and we have playstation studio heads posting pictures holding and playing on this....

Makes me sick.
Yea, I wonder how many of those 1.6M Decks are in the hands of PS developers :unsure::sneaky:

Reactions: Bryank75

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
To be fair this SteamDeck numbers shows why we don't have a new PSP or Vita.
Maybe if Sony can do something hybrid like Switch but for that they need to give up on console market that I don't want (I prefer decicated consoles over portables).
The Nintendo Switch completely obliterates that excuse.

The reason you don't have a new Vita... is because the Vita failed.

None of Nintendo's handhelds failed... in fact it was their console business that failed after the WiiU debacle.. so Nintendo said fuck that shit, and folded their handheld market for a hybrid console/handheld.. and they've been successful.

Sony's not about to do that.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
The Nintendo Switch completely obliterates that excuse.

The reason you don't have a new Vita... is because the Vita failed.

None of Nintendo's handhelds failed... in fact it was their console business that failed after the WiiU debacle.. so Nintendo said fuck that shit, and folded their handheld market for a hybrid console/handheld.. and they've been successful.

Sony's not about to do that.
It doesn't if you read what you quoted lol

Nintedo has a single device... it is a hibrid of console + portable.
There is no market for console + portable separetelly... consumers will choose one and the other will fail.

SteamDeck failure shows why Sony is not investing in a device in parallel with PlayStation 5.
It sales will be anemic like Vita and its 17 million or so units shipped.

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
It is not if you read what you quoted lol

Nintendo folded the market where they succeeded (portable)... into the market where they failed (console).

Sony won't do that... because they don't want the market they failed (portable).. to fuck up the market where they actually succeeded (console).

There's a market for portables... but Sony has never succeeded there. Vita failed hard and they gave up... and they're not about to fuck up their console business trying to make a portable business work on the side again.

• thisistheway
Reactions: ethomaz