Stellar Blade: "Beauty does sell". lighting up the preorder charts. |UP|Director "hopes ppl will perceive it as just another fun action game"

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
I'll eat my words if I'm a wrong but I don't think this will be lighting up the sales charts

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
So is it possible Steller Blade will be a top 3 selling game in April in the NPD charts?
I'd say that no. It releases at the end of the month, and outside GoW this genre doesn't sell a lot. But I think sell well.

In Spain right now is top 1 in PSN preorders (notice Destiny 2 Final Shape is there too, even if it releases in June):
image.png

In Amazon.es, top 1 in most wishlisted for the whole gaming category.
image.png

Top 2 in amazon.es in "PS5 hardware and games latest news":
image.png

Top 8 in "Best selling PS5 hardware and games" (3rd if we only look at games, 1st in unreleased games):
image.png

Reactions: Puff

Wing84

7 Feb 2024
Doesn't "grifter" mean they're profiting off it? I don't see any evidence that he is. He does seem to be enjoying the attention though.
It's about intent. If he intends to profit, then he's a grifter. I fully suspect that that's in his futur.

ToTTenTranz

Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
It's about intent. If he intends to profit, then he's a grifter. I fully suspect that that's in his futur.

Like I said, his title that's been on pre-production for ages is probably going onto kickstarter soon, so of course he's interested in getting attention.

But his game also uses sexy character designs and he's always been very frontal about it, so this is not an entirely dishonest endeavour.

ToTTenTranz

Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
I have no idea what you're replying to. I've never mentioned anything about the design of his game.
My point is despite him not profiting directly through e.g. "support me on Patreon", he's probably garnering popularity around himself with the purpose of getting more people to support the kickstarter to his new game.

So he's not profiting directly, but is probably aiming to profit indirectly. Whether or not to call that a grifter is to anyone's choice.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
that's pretty funny, even though they edited the face to look a little more manly. also wtf why did they put a chicken leg in his hand lmao
Unless they edited that girl first, the guy has every face feature the same, except hair.
Point, that girl is looking like boy, everyone can see that.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Unless they edited that girl first, the guy has every face feature the same, except hair.
Point, that girl is looking like boy, everyone can see that.
You can tell they changed the jawline a bit. Also I didn't say she doesn't look manly? You're arguing against nothing lmao

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Stellar Blade Director Kim Hyung Tae says the industry needs single-player console games that have an ending. "Console titles, that is single-player games with an ending, have a very important value in themselves. "​

Reactions: Wing84 and Entropi
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Maxim Korea released a video on their YouTube channel (1.01M subscribers) in response to the recent IGN France's controversial critics on Eve's body shape in upcoming Korean game Stellar Blade.

NeoGAF

https://www.neogaf.com/forums/gaming-discussion.2
https://www.neogaf.com/forums/communities.49/
https://www.neogaf.com/forums/off-topic-discussion.22

• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN Stellar Blade Drama Part III - Korean fashion magazine Maxim responds: "Eve's body type is indeed realistic and exists in reality."​

1 of 6Next Last
[IMG alt="LectureMaster"]https://www.neogaf.com/data/avatars/m/602/602240.jpg?1711667592[/IMG]

LectureMaster

Gold Member​

Maxim Korea released a video on their YouTube channel (1.01M subscribers) in response to the recent IGN France's controversial critics on Eve's body shape in upcoming Korean game Stellar Blade.

In the video, the host says:

What is a realistic body type? Defining "realistic " may be difficult, but there was a recent incident criticized for an "unrealistic" body type. IGN France reviewed the demo of Korea's game Stellar Blade, stating the character Eve appears bland, like a doll created with an exaggerated sexual aspect by someone who's never seen a woman.
However, as some of you know, the character Eve in this game was modeled after Shin Jae-eun, a Maxim cover model. Can a character modeled after a real person's body be called unrealistic? Does it make sense to call a body based on a real person unrealistic? Does this make sense? It's another issue related to political correctness we've been hearing a lot about these days.
Therefore, to educate that Shin Jae-eun's body is indeed realistic and exisits in reality, we've decided to re-release the video of Shin Jae-eun's photoshoot. [...] this time, it's made available with subtitles in English, Japanese, Arabic, Indonesian, Vietnamese, Hindi, so more people worldwide can watch it.