STELLAR BLADE DEV POSTS CRYPTIC PICTURE TEASING News "Get Ready For Next Week" |UP| Boss challenge mode launches May 24.

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024
People under estimate it is to migrate to PC & get into the PC ecosystem.

No longer is the day where you have to pay $1000 or more dollars to get into PC. Thanks to Valve/Steam it’s as low as $500 to get into PC wait $500? That’s the same price as a PS console Sony porting games to a direct platform lmao good long term strategy Sony it’s not like Steam itself is already massive & bigger then PS & now Valve/Steam own hardware will continue to grow

All that’s missing from Valve is them actually producing games & promoting Steam to a global mass using influencers. Steam already makes easy $ by purely existing why not putting a lil more effort & produce games & promote Steam to a scale & push Xbox & PS out of the market. Steam is the defacto storefront in PC they can become the defacto storefront in “console” by using the Steamdeck platform

Don't know how it is in NA but in Europe, you won't get a PS5 equivalent PC for 500€, at least not new and even then it's difficult. If we go the used route, you can get a PS5 disc model for 300-350€

You can get a Steam Deck for 420€ but that isn't anywhere close to a PS5 and a new PS4 Pro is 200€

Last edited:

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
People under estimate it is to migrate to PC & get into the PC ecosystem.

No longer is the day where you have to pay $1000 or more dollars to get into PC. Thanks to Valve/Steam it’s as low as $500 to get into PC wait $500? That’s the same price as a PS console Sony porting games to a direct platform lmao good long term strategy Sony it’s not like Steam itself is already massive & bigger then PS & now Valve/Steam own hardware will continue to grow

All that’s missing from Valve is them actually producing games & promoting Steam to a global mass using influencers. Steam already makes easy $ by purely existing why not putting a lil more effort & produce games & promote Steam to a scale & push Xbox & PS out of the market. Steam is the defacto storefront in PC they can become the defacto storefront in “console” by using the Steamdeck platform
I've been gaming on PC since the late '90s, as well as consoles. I'm still a PS guy.

I think a lot of PC centric gamers tend to overestimate the pull PC has for most folks.

You're also going to need more than $500 if you want something that actually competes with a PS5 visually.

Reactions: Systemshock2023

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Stellar-Blade-Boss-Update_05-23-24-1024x576.jpg

Publisher Sony Interactive Entertainment and developer SHIFT UP will release a free update for Stellar Blade on May 24 that adds a new “Boss Challenge” mode, as well as new Nano Suits and quality-of-life updates, the companies announced.

Get the details below.

Boss Challenge
The Boss Challenge pits you against the 19 bosses from the base game. Hone your skills, outwit your enemies… and brutalize them.
Progression in the Boss Challenge requires battle data from bosses you’ve previously defeated. You can also fight bosses on Hard difficulty setting after you’ve seen the ending of the game.
To start the challenge, you can either load up and use your own gear you’ve been using or choose one of several presets. Choose the minimum preset for a true challenge, which is extremely understated, or the maximum preset, which has all of your skills and stats buffed up, if you want to taunt the boss with some spectacular combat.

After the challenge is over, your battle data is automatically analyzed. You’ll see metrics like battle time, number of perfect parries and dodges, consumable usage, and more. Test your skills and compare with your friends.
If you defeat all bosses in the Boss Challenge on Normal difficulty setting or higher, you’ll get to earn the Neurolink Suit for Eve. Hats off to your strength!
New Nano Suits added
Blood, blade… and beauty. Eve can be summarized in these three words. New Nano Suits have been added to bring out her beauty even more.
The two Nano Suits above, White Kunoichi and Black Kunoichi, will be available in this new update.
And check out the game yourself for more Nano Suits.

Quality-of-Life Improvements
If you switch to ranged attack mode and switch back while locked on to an enemy, you will automatically lock on to the enemy again.
Also, we’re adding an option to always show the compass in the HUD.

Last edited by a moderator:

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Man hats off to these guys, they gave us NG+ day 1, took feedback and added a boss challenge mode less than a month after launch, even MOAR costumes. Makes the western devs look like amateur lazy chumps but then again work ethic and integrity has hit the nadir in the west.

• Shake
Reactions: 2spooky5me

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
And check out the game yourself for more Nano Suits.
Does this mean there are more Suits other than those two?
And where can we get the Kunoichi Suits?

EDIT: It looks like they brought back the original versions of Rabbit and Cybernetic Bondage as options.

these-2-originally-censored-outfits-were-added-to-stellar-v0-1sim3sfc2c2d1.jpeg

Though both of these pale in comparison to the Prototype, lol.

Quality-of-Life Improvements
If you switch to ranged attack mode and switch back while locked on to an enemy, you will automatically lock on to the enemy again.
Also, we’re adding an option to always show the compass in the HUD.

Geez, I needed this so much in my playthrough. Losing the lock-on every time doing ranged attacks would make me die to bosses so many times because they'd teleport behind me and then the block wouldn't work.
Always on compass is also super convenient.

Last edited:

reziel

Veteran
12 Jun 2023
Man hats off to these guys, they gave us NG+ day 1, took feedback and added a boss challenge mode less than a month after launch, even MOAR costumes. Makes the western devs look like amateur lazy chumps but then again work ethic and integrity has hit the nadir in the west.
I mean yeah it's great that they did all this but with how this game was made and the amount of enemy variety everything they did was significantly easier to do then the other devs. The enemy variety is pretty low. So it's easy to do and the boss attack patterns are mostly the same with very little debilitating effects added to their attacks. So you're overshooting the credits they've earned. This is coming from someone who played the game twice through.