Stellar Blade devs on why the protagonist is sexy: "That's what players want most of the time"

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
project-eve-stellar-blade.jpg

"This is entertainment for adults"
The director of upcoming action RPG Stellar Blade says that one of the game's most distinctive marketing beats exists because of the "special attention" put into the reverse side of the lead character's model.

Speaking to GamesRadar+, game director Hyung-Tae Kim (via translator) discussed the character design of protagonist Eve. That design, built around the body scan of Korean model Shin Jae-eun, has been a focus of Stellar Blade's early trailers, and while we now know much more about Eve, Kim suggests that that's deliberate.

"When it comes to the design, we put special attention on the back of the character because the player is always facing the back of the character when they're playing," he said. "That's what they see the most of, so we thought this was pretty important.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Adults trying to fuck porcelain school girl dolls need to be investigated. This isn't sexy.
Maybe I don't know.
I found it very sexy and I liked the protagonist.
Not sure about the game mechanics that is what make me more worried.

But people focus in the nothing and forget the real issues... the game.
The protagonist is totally fine.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
She got that 00s GeForce/Radeon GPU girl look. Nothing wrong with that.

It's either that or Abby's Scott Steiner like guns The choice is pretty simple.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
There is a place for everything. People complaining over Eve while drooling over fucking a bear or configuring their genitalia in other games are the biggest hypocrites.

If the dev wants to make an attractive protagonist, they should be able to.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Last edited:

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

The director of upcoming action RPG Stellar Blade says that one of the game's most distinctive marketing beats exists because of the "special attention" put into the reverse side of the lead character's model.

Speaking to GamesRadar+, game director Hyung-Tae Kim (via translator) discussed the character design of protagonist Eve. That design, built around the body scan of Korean model Shin Jae-eun, has been a focus of Stellar Blade's early trailers, and while we now know much more about Eve, Kim suggests that that's deliberate.

"When it comes to the design, we put special attention on the back of the character because the player is always facing the back of the character when they're playing," he said. "That's what they see the most of, so we thought this was pretty important.
😍😂 Love this response! Fuck what all the pandering ppl got to say. It's your vision and you implement it as you see fit.. This comment and how single player games are important have made me like these devs even more!

Reactions: PS_ROCKS and Sircaw

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Resetera is not going to like this, though if we're being honest their real problem with this game is the PlayStation exclusivity, not the fanservice.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

Damn right i am. If i want fat and ugly, i just need to go outside. This is game, fantasy.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022

1707411391515.gif