Stellar Blade is estimated to have sold over 1 million copies according to Shift Up | Developer Confirms they are looking into PC Version

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Street Fighter VI (PS5/PS4/PC/XS) Sales :
  • 1 million in 5 days
  • 2 million in 1 month
  • 2.4 million in 4 months
  • 3 million in 7 months
  • 3.3 million in 10 months

It's criminal that good games like this struggle while slop like cod and palworld sell a lot

YeezyDude

17 Jun 2024
Denmark
Congrats to Shift Up on Stellar Blade's success. PlayStation should definitely continue to do partnership with them in the future.
Agreed.

Also I hope Sony acquires them someday as they do only have like what... 3 Asian developers part of WWS? So I think them getting a Korean one finally and maybe a Chinese one in the future would be very nice!

• thisistheway
Reactions: 2spooky5me

2spooky5me

12 May 2024
@Puff

The metrics are never the same for Playstation. Everyone can eff around/pivot, but PS has to always be the one to be selling EXCEPTIONAL. ALL. THE. TIME.
I remember arguing with Nintendo fans back in the day, when PS3 games started breaking past the 3 millions sales threshold, and they would tell me, and I kid you not, that it "doesn't matter, because the per capita of players actually playing vs sales is poor". I forget what that specific metric is called... I'm sure one of you knows. Either way, when it comes to Playstation success, the goalpost is always shifting.

Remember when Street Fighter 5 debuted on PC/PS? The game was poor at launch, so yes, the sales were lagging, but after several updates and the Arcade Edition, the sales eventually improved. Bots told all of us, it would have vastly improved if Xbox was included. Lo and Behold Marvel Infinite happens, and how did the sales end up?
*fart noises*

Last edited:

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024
@Puff

The metrics are never the same for Playstation. Everyone can eff around/pivot, but PS has to always be the one to be selling EXCEPTIONAL. ALL. THE. TIME.
I remember arguing with Nintendo fans back in the day, when PS3 games started breaking past the 3 millions sales threshold, and they would tell me, and I kid you not, that it "doesn't matter, because the per capita of players actually playing vs sales is poor". I forget what that specific metric is called... I'm sure one of you knows. Either way, when it comes to Playstation success, the goalpost is always shifting.

Remember when Street Fighter 5 debuted on PC/PS? The game was poor at launch, so yes, the sales were lagging, but after several updates and the Arcade Edition, the sales eventually improved. Bots told all of us, it would have vastly improved if Xbox was included. Lo and Behold Marvel Infinite happens, and how did the sales end up?
*fart noises*

People always get their panties twisted when it comes to Playstation sales metrics.

A new IP like Stellar Blade selling 1 million copies in under 2 months on a single platform is a failure but Hellblade 2 not even landing in the top 100 in Europe at launch is somehow a big W.

FF16 sells 3 million in a week on a single platform = Huge L
SF6 sells 3 million in 6 months on multiple platforms = Big W for Capcom

The metric you're talking about is "attach rate" which is a dumb argument to begin with. No game that is sold seperately will ever reach a 100% attach rate, it's impossible.