Stellar Blade Review Thread & |OT| "When Voluptuous Beauty and The Blade Meet"

What do you think will be the Meta average?

• Total voters

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
1713525533459.png
Stellar Blade is an upcoming action adventure game developed by Shift Up and published by Sony Interactive Entertainment. The game is scheduled to be released for the PlayStation 5 on April 26, 2024.

Stellar Blade
Developer(s)Shift Up
Publisher(s)Sony Interactive Entertainment
Director(s)Kim Hyung-tae
Producer(s)Lee Joo-hwan
Designer(s)Kim Hyung-tae
Lee Chang-min
Jang Hee-cheol
Composer(s)Park Jin-bae
Oliver Good
Keita Inoue
EngineUnreal Engine 4
Platform(s)PlayStation 5
ReleaseApril 26, 2024
Genre(s)Action-Adventure, Souls-Like
Mode(s)Single-player

1713525613877.png

Stellar Blade New Game Plus mode available on launch, April 26​

Traliers:

Previews:

Reviews:

1713975620128.png

1713975699356.png

Eurogamer Germany
APR 24, 2024
Much seems familiar and sometimes a tad uniform, but a strong combat system, excellent boss fights, an exciting scenario, the motivating environmental exploration and many well thought out ideas make Stellar Blade an excellent solo adventure.
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

Impulsegamer
APR 24, 2024
If you’re seeking a challenging yet rewarding third person action game, this title hits the mark and more than likely Game of the Year.
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

GameSpew
APR 24, 2024
More than just a Soulslike with a protagonist to serve as eye-candy, Stellar Blade has far surpassed our expectations, offering varied gameplay, outstanding visuals, a sublime soundtrack and an engaging story. It's a must-play for action game fans.
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

COGconnected
APR 24, 2024
Stellar Blade stands out as one of the best action-adventure games of its generation. Its combat system is both deep and multilayered, ensuring that every encounter is an exhilarating experience. Offering a range of options, players can tackle enemies in several ways, be it through offensive maneuvers or defensive strategies. Whether opting to dodge, parry, or create distance, the choices are intuitively designed. Coupled with its captivating narrative and cinematic presentation, Stellar Blade is an essential exclusive.
Read More
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

Dot Esports
APR 24, 2024
Stellar Blade sets a high bar, and its combination of exhilarating combat, sumptuous graphics, and deep systems makes it flourish in an era chock-full of high-class contemporaries.
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

Gamepressure
APR 24, 2024
Stellar Blade is an above-average title. Well-developed, with a captivating story from the first moment, and most importantly engaging due to thoroughly well-planned and competently executed gameplay. The South Korean studio Shift Up performed exceptionally well, and despite my initial skepticism, I ultimately saw it as one of the top games of 2024.
Read More
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

GamingTrend
APR 24, 2024
Despite not vibing too well with the demo, we were utterly in love with Stellar Blade by the time the credits rolled. Shift Up has done a tremendous job with their first triple A project and sets a high bar for modern action role playing games. There are some pacing issues, and the narrative's delivery stumbles, but the game as a whole is near perfect: the themes, the visuals, the music, the combat, the exploration, the world, and the technical performance. A modern masterpiece.
Read More
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

God is a Geek
APR 24, 2024
There's a hell of a lot going on in Stellar Blade, but it remains a surprisingly elegant and exciting adventure throughout.
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

Hardcore Gamer
APR 24, 2024
Stellar Blade delivers masterclass gameplay, spectacular visuals and a compelling universe. It no doubt will draw comparisons to Nier and its successor, but what Shift Up has done is improved upon the formula greatly in creating one of the best action games of the year.
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

INVEN
APR 24, 2024
A beautiful, yet deadly action game that combines fast-paced action with the tension of a Souls-like experience. the game also caters to various gaming tastes with beginner-friendly features and puzzles. While the lack of story buildup and the short length are disappointing, and the details of close-range to long-range combat swaps can be cumbersome, overall it's an impressive piece.
Read More
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

Malditos Nerds
APR 24, 2024
All of this makes Stellar Blade a complete and highly enjoyable experience for hack and slash enthusiasts. As a fan of Nier Automata, Stellar Blade's world, story, and soundtrack captivated me and left me eager for a sequel or, at the very least, to keep an eye out for the next release from SHIFT UP studio.
Read More
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

Noisy Pixel
APR 24, 2024
Stellar Blade is an ambitious action adventure boasting a masterful boss design and compelling gameplay progression. Between the addictive exploration and finely tuned sense of weight and speed ingrained in each of Eve's swings, it's indisputable that this is a lovingly crafted journey.
Read More
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

Twinfinite
APR 24, 2024
It all contributes to Stellar Blade being a bit of a mixed bag, checking off boxes for what constitutes an action RPG in this modern age. That is not exactly a bad thing per se, but it is most certainly a missed opportunity for positioning the game as the leader of a new generation of experiences that build upon the successes that have come before. This title might not be the sharpest blade around, but it still has an edge that players can enjoy. Come for the visuals, stay for the combat, and try to ignore the suboptimal portions of humankind's latest attempt to take back the Earth.
Read More
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

IGN
APR 24, 2024
Stellar Blade is great in all of the most important ways for an action game, but dull characters, a lackluster story, and several frustrating elements of its RPG mechanics prevent it from soaring along with the best of the genre.
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

TheGamer
APR 24, 2024
I'm as conflicted about Stellar Blade as it seems to be about itself. It's competent and occasionally interesting with combat as unique and rewarding as it is repetitive and frustrating. Less style over substance than it is beauty over brains, there is a good time to be had in Stellar Blade, but it comes at the cost of knowing there are better versions of this game that will never be realised.
Read More
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

Last edited:
Reactions: Spyxos and Sircaw
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Embargo lifts supposedly on the 24th so in a few days, will update as reviews come in.

I think it will score a hot 84

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
if we would exclude obvious bombing attempts. after trying demo, i would say around 90 if the game will keep up the quality of demo.

demo showed good combat, whole structure of the game is well made, exploration looks good, you have linear world at that point but there was still things to discover. boss fights was good.
demo also was very immersive what it should be. music was 10/10.
performance perfect.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Realistically id think it would score likevan 86 but idk i think a few fake progressive psuedo feminist sites will drag it down, not maby but all it takes is a few.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: ToTTenTranz

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
This game should be a 97, but sadly people like @Sircaw will deduct points because they wish she was a man 😢 So it'll probably fall somewhere in the low to mid 80s.
You cruising for a bruising, Furry!

furry GIF

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I think it will deserve to be in the 81-90 range, and it's what it would get if the gaming media people were good professionals prioritizing the quality of their job over propaganda and activism.

Which would be in normal conditions. But particularly in this case won't be the case, I think we'll see polarized reviews: we already saw some hints, the woke gaming media will destroy its metascore because their religion says that beautiful women / anything that may be remotely sexually appealing to heterosexual men are almost worse than a genocide. Some will do it on purpose, being many of them very hypocrites because many of them playing now the drama queen card are fans of Tomb Raider, Bayonetta and Nier Automata. But they also love to act as a victim, they even made up a supposed "Gamergate 2.0" because obviously people laughs at their face and critize them and according to them it's an organized harassment campaign from sexist homophobic fascists extreme alt-right nazis (and I assume Annunaki Illuminatis too).

So I think it's likely that it may get 71-80 and will use excuses like "it mixes hack & slash and souls stuff in an unique way but doesn't exactly fit in any of the two genres" (which should be a good thing, means it's doing something new) while also at the same time claiming "it lacks personality" (which doesn't match with the game doing a new thing) and also complaining about featuring attractive females because their "left" wing ideology set by the World Economic Forum, hedge funds, big tech billionaire companies (Netflix, Amazon, Disney, etc.), Democratic Party and the mass media (plus their equivalent franchises across the world) say so.

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
View attachment 4780
Stellar Blade is an upcoming action adventure game developed by Shift Up and published by Sony Interactive Entertainment. The game is scheduled to be released for the PlayStation 5 on April 26, 2024.

Stellar Blade
Developer(s)Shift Up
Publisher(s)Sony Interactive Entertainment
Director(s)Kim Hyung-tae
Producer(s)Lee Joo-hwan
Designer(s)Kim Hyung-tae
Lee Chang-min
Jang Hee-cheol
Composer(s)Park Jin-bae
Oliver Good
Keita Inoue
EngineUnreal Engine 4
Platform(s)PlayStation 5
ReleaseApril 26, 2024
Genre(s)Action-Adventure, Souls-Like
Mode(s)Single-player

View attachment 4781

Traliers:

Previews:

Reviews:

Nice OT bud!

@Sircaw @Bryank75 if anyone knows someone who likes making graphics and what not would be nice to get a group together for OT's?

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I won’t buy this… mostly because the woman will never think the same of me if she see’s me playing but… looking forward to actual player reception for sure.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

HypeThrusters

20 Mar 2024
I want this to crush the 90+ MC score, but I know the games media is gunning for this to fail. And not because of its supposed "political" positioning, but because I want Korean devs to get more recognition, and it's a new IP - something folks keep complaining about, but refuse to support! Anyways, I think the score will range between 82-84. It'll be a Hogwarts Legacy situation.

There's been a concentrated effort by R*ddit and some grifters on Youtube to get this cancelled...
You got the Bayonetta/Nintendo fans ready to pounce, and Xbox community, too.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I won’t buy this… mostly because the woman will never think the same of me if she see’s me playing but… looking forward to actual player reception for sure.
That's why you need to make the game a present for the woman and have her play it instead

Reactions: Gamernyc78