Stellar Blade Review Thread & |OT| "When Voluptuous Beauty and The Blade Meet"

What do you think will be the Meta average?

• Total voters

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
I do enjoy various parts of the game, but have been surprised how annoyed I am with a lot of little things. This guy is pretty harsh but I think he is completely on the money about design philosophy.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
I do enjoy various parts of the game, but have been surprised how annoyed I am with a lot of little things. This guy is pretty harsh but I think he is completely on the money about design philosophy.

Eh this guy is clearly wrong about the last attack of the string not staggering, you have to beta chain the last attack to stagger. He has no clue what he is talking about. The whole thing is disingenuous, if I want a similar combat gameplay like DMC then I will play DMC. The not being able to cancel the last attack in a string is a part of the game so you don't mindlessly button mash. But I guess 30k subscribers youtuber is the authority on gameplay design

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
He echoes a ton of my sentiments about the padding and busywork gameplay, babyish shit like the platforming. I've been playing way more Severed Steel this week because it's instantly rewarding and fun, I'm getting so tired of AAA game design

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
He echoes a ton of my sentiments about the padding and busywork gameplay, babyish shit like the platforming. I've been playing way more Severed Steel this week because it's instantly rewarding and fun, I'm getting so tired of AAA game design
I felt like this game had very few padding/busywork. examples?