Suggest my next JRPG

PropellerEar

Veteran
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I've put so many hours into Unicorn Overlord and finally I will be able to finish it my next session, need a new game to play!

Suggest me a new JRPG with the best waifus and battles!
Weebos and otakus you know what to do!

No JactionRPG... classic or strategy is the way to go.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I've put so many hours into Unicorn Overlord and finally I will be able to finish it my next session, need a new game to play!

Yakuza 7 or 8?

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024

Well if you are looking for waifus and turn based then Atelier thighza Ryza is pretty good with a focus on alchemy in the gameplay loop. Valkyria Chronicles is also good.

If you play on pc I have an indie to recommend, Wandering Sword. It has pixel art but its a damn good turn based game based on chinese wuxia legends and you can have upto 13 companions. The best thing about the game it doesn't handhold you and you can fail entire questlines and fail to recruit many of the companions so you to pay attention and the choices you make really matter at the end. You can have your own harem, no romance and many other scenarios can happen. They just released a free expansion as well which adds a good 10 hours of more gameplay

Last edited:
Reactions: TrishaCat
OP
OP
PropellerEar

PropellerEar

Veteran
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Well if you are looking for waifus and turn based then Atelier thighza Ryza is pretty good with a focus on alchemy in the gameplay loop. Valkyria Chronicles is also good. From the recent releases if you haven't played the GOAT ff7 Rebirth then you are missing out so play it asap
My man...
legs GIF

Girl Woman GIF

Played both Rebirth, Valkyrie chronicles...

• haha

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022

Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance. You will love it. Looks stunning on PS5 (4k & 60fps)

Edit: Another classic Japanese RPG would be Eiyuuden Chronicles 100rd Heroes

Last edited:
  • brain
OP
OP
PropellerEar

PropellerEar

Veteran
Founder
21 Jun 2022
If you play on pc I have an indie to recommend, Wandering Sword. It has pixel art but its a damn good turn based game based on chinese wuxia legends and you can have upto 13 companions. The best thing about the game it doesn't handhold you and you can fail entire questlines and fail to recruit many of the companions so you to pay attention and the choices you make really matter at the end. You can have your own harem, no romance and many other scenarios can happen. They just released a free expansion as well which adds a good 10 hours of more gameplay

I play on PC too, sounds good, I'll check it out.

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
If you like the 8-bit era of games, then chained echoes (a game that has been on gamepass) is the best you can play.

I won't sperg out about why it's so good, it just is. Fantastic from start to finish.

TrishaCat

17 May 2024
Shin Megami Tensei V just got an enhanced re-release on all platforms. SMT games usually have pretty deep and engaging turn based combat. Pretty looking game too. Isn't super high on the waifus, but that's okay because some of the demons may as well be waifus

Seconding the Atelier Ryza recommendation as well. It's really addictive to run around collecting crafting resources to use for alchemy. Combat is okay, but it benefits from the items you make using alchemy being useful for making battles easier. Make a powerful bomb and use it as an item to trivialize a fight for example.

Reactions: PropellerEar

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance. You will love it. Looks stunning on PS5 (4k & 60fps)

Edit: Another classic Japanese RPG would be Eiyuuden Chronicles 100rd Heroes
Counterpoint: Game sucks.

Not sure if the gameplay or Switch exclusivity excludes it but play Xenoblade 2.

OP
OP
PropellerEar

PropellerEar

Veteran
Founder
21 Jun 2022
If you like the 8-bit era of games, then chained echoes (a game that has been on gamepass) is the best you can play.

I won't sperg out about why it's so good, it just is. Fantastic from start to finish.
Will check it out, I like 8/16bit era.

Umar

Veteran
20 Jun 2022
PSN ID
Progamer265446
Would Persona 4 and Persona 3 Reload count?