Suggest my next JRPG

GachaMadeMeBroke

26 Nov 2023
Principles won't allow me to play gacha.😅

Reject principles. Embrace degeneracy 😂 I understand though, gacha isn’t for everyone. Maybe give the demo for Trails through Daybreak a go. It’s pretty beefy and the game is coming out soon. Legend of Heroes is amazing but the Cold Steel/Crossbel saga has waaaay too much baggage. Daybreak is a clean slate and they really went ham on the combat

• haha
Reactions: PropellerEar

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
The upper part of the list, I've only played Sea of Stars, others are pretty unknown to me.

From the lower part of the list DQ, Atelier,Octopath are definitely contenders...
chained echoes is good.

does it have to be a jrpg? monster sanctuary is an excellent pokemon-like monster collector turn based rpg and 2d platformer hybrid with metroidvania elements tied to the monsters you collect, and a very enjoyable combat system with skill trees for each monster.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Grandia was perfection in 199x.
I can’t not praise it enough… probably one if not the best JRPG I played on PlayStation… it is either Grandia, Xenogears or Vagrant Story to me.
Yeah I love it. Was one my first JRPG’s to play on my own and finish

• Shake
Reactions: ethomaz
OP
OP
PropellerEar

PropellerEar

Veteran
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Baldur's gate 3
One of those games I will never finish.
Should I go back to BG3...
Nervous Good Idea GIF by Extra Space Storage

OP
OP
PropellerEar

PropellerEar

Veteran
Founder
21 Jun 2022
chained echoes is good.

does it have to be a jrpg? monster sanctuary is an excellent pokemon-like monster collector turn based rpg and 2d platformer hybrid with metroidvania elements tied to the monsters you collect, and a very enjoyable combat system with skill trees for each monster.
Pokemon-like == hard pass

No Way Do Not Want GIF

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
Some of the The Legend of Heroes series. Can start with the Trail from Zero/Azure follow by the Cold Steel series. Fantastic characters and world building with a fun combat turn based system. These games are very lengthy though and you will sit through a lot of dialogue. Also really good anime character design/art style.